Wednesday, February 25, 2015

DWTS Throwback: My Favorite Performances of Season 18

Season 18 is probably my favorite season of Dancing With the Stars. I love so many dances from that season, including both perfect-scoring dances and dances that aren't so popular. Everyone has their own opinions, and I would like to hear yours as well!

The way that I decided my favorite dances were to count every factor that I could think of in these dances, such as technique, performance, song, costumes, scenery, facial expressions, etc.

Here are my top 16 favorite (I am using 16 because it is my favorite number) dances from season 18 of Dancing With the Stars!

**Note: I do not own any of these YouTube videos, and all credit belongs to the Dancing With the Stars TV show and the people who posted the videos online on their channels.**

16. Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Tango (Week 8)

I know that the start to this dance took forever to get to the point, but the song and performance as a whole were phenomenal. It was too bad that she had a rib injury, but she really showed her full potential.


15. Team Loca (Meryl & Maks, Amy & Derek, Candace & Mark, Danica & Val)- Freestyle (Week 7)

This dance was so awesome, but I wish that it was performed live. If you don't know, Amy had an injury before the team dances, so the rehearsal footage was shown for the team instead. Anyway, I feel as though they would have gotten a perfect score (they got a 39/40) if it was live on TV.


14. Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater- Cha Cha (Week 1)

This was the lowest-scoring dance of the season, but the crew of DWTS made this dance seem like a movie! I have never seen Star Wars, but I still love the whole tone of this dance.


13. Meryl Davis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Argentine Tango (Week 4)

This was one of my favorite switch-up pairs of season 18. I love how fast each move is in this dance!


12. Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy- Tango (Week 6)

This is another tango from Meryl, and this was her first perfect score of the season. Meryl is really sharp with her ballroom dances, and the choreography was perfect for her.


11. James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd- Freestyle (Week 10, Night 1)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the freestyles in season 18. However, most of them were not show-stopping to me. This freestyle was an exeption in my eyes.

10. James & Peta, Amy & Derek- Jive (Week 8)

This dance battle to me was simple, yet smart. Sometimes, less is more, and this dance proved that. James and Peta worked so well together.

9. Charlie White and Sharna Burgess- Quickstep (Week 8)

The Quickstep is my favorite dance, and Charlie made me like it even more. The Argentine Tango, which is my second favorite dance, was also slightly thrown into this routine, which I liked a lot.


8. James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd- Jive (Week 3)

Both jives that James did in season 18 were outstanding! I love how James and Peta really made the whole show feel alive when being the first dance of the night.


7. Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas- Samba (Week 5)

Mark Ballas is a genius choreographer, and this dance shows no exception. Sure, the technique wasn't the best, but everything else makes up for it. The crowd always went crazy for this couple!


6. Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Quickstep (Week 5)

So, obviously, I put in another Disney routine. Honestly, at first, I was not sure if I would like that theme, but it actually ended up being one of my favorites. This dance, to me, seemed the most "magical" and "Disney-like" to me.


5. Amy Purdy and Derek Hough- Contemporary (Week 3)

Every week, Amy Purdy amazed me. With this dance, she blew me away. With those pointed toes, she proved to everyone worldwide that a person with two prosthetic legs can do a contemporary dance. Her video package was emotional, along with the dance and song itself. Also, I believe that she was way underscored. Why weren't there any tens?!


4. Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas- Argentine Tango (Week 7)

This was by far Candace's strongest dance. I actually watch this video of her Argentine Tango a lot to this day because of how Mark set up the atmosphere for this Latin routine.


3.Charlie White and Sharna Burgess- Jazz (Week 5)

First of all, I just want to say that this should have gotten a perfect score. Sure, Charlie dropped the cane, but who cares? I love the fact that he also broke the umbrella when he did this routine again during the finale. It was like it was meant to be!


2. Amy Purdy and Derek Hough- Argentine Tango (Week 8)

There are a lot of Tangos on my list of favorite dances, but that is because there was an overwhelming amount of amazing Tangos in season 18. This was Amy's first perfect score, and I think that this is the perfect dance to hold that title for her. Once again, she was incredible with the pointed toes, and she made it look effortless.


1. Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy- Argentine Tango (Week 10, Night 1)

I know that all three of Meryl's Tangos are on this list, but she is just so good at them! I love how this Argentine Tango contrasted a lot compared to when she danced with Val. She was perfect with both of them, but this one seemed very special to me. It was hard to choose my favorite performance of season 18, but I chose this one because it captures how well Meryl and Maks work together,


Well, that is my list! What do you agree with? What do you disagree with? I will make another list of my favorite dances for season 19, and that will come out soon!

Remember to follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more news and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment