Friday, July 8, 2016

Maks and Val's Our Way Tour: A Fan's Experience

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE MAKS AND VAL OUR WAY TOUR.

Shay here! I decided I'd make my second blog post an interview type format - and what a better way to do it was with someone who attended one of the hottest events of the summer: Maks and Val Our Way Tour. I have asked Sandra (@WitneyCarsonFan) on Twitter if she would like to be interviewed to which she gratefully accepted the invitation. Here is our exclusive one on one interview on what she experienced during her hometown's tour stop.

->Quick Shoutout: Thank you Sandra for your time and your cooperation with this one on one interview I am about to conduct. You're amazing.

Me: {Question 1}
"Where did you attend the event?"

Sandra: "The venue is called Mohegan Sun and it was in Uncasville, CT."

Me: {Question 2}
"Can you tell me a bit about the atmosphere at Mohegan Sun before, during and after the show?"

S: "Before the show, I mean everything seemed pretty calm.. But then I saw everyone was waiting to get in line, and there was a huge line! One by one kept filling the 10,000 seated arena and turned out there were about 6,500 people who attended. That's sold out for them because the other seats weren't given! But during the show, all you could hear is cheering and all you can see are smiles. Everybody was having a great time even the dancers! After the show, as everyone walks out they were just talking about how good it was. Lot of people headed for merchandise, too! The show was for any age, and literally all ages attended. So much fun and I was still in awe!"

Me: {Question 3}
"What was your first impressions of all the skits Maks and their team did?"

S: "They made me tear up.. It was so special, the videos really touch your heart. The way they speak and tell their story is just so pure and beautiful. It was simply perfect."

Me: {Question 4}
"If you could go back to that night, and re-see them all over again? And would you recommend this type of event to someone who doesn't know much about DWTS?"

S: "I would definitely go watch this show again, like you can never get tired of it! It's just spectacular and every time you'll go, I can see it would be more fun. I would recommend this to  someone who isn't as big of a DWTS fan since their energy and performance will just blow you away. I barely knew any of the other dancers, but became such a fan of each of them! Definitely recommend."

 Me: {Question 5}
"What was the highlight of the show for you?"

S: "There are SO many moments from show that was the highlight for me. Basically every part of it, if I'm being honest. The story-telling and the creativity of these dances. The acting that they pit into their dances was so cute and fierce. The breathtaking, emotional dances that just make you freeze and you're so into the moment. Every single part of that show was the highlight for me."

Me {LAST QUESTION}
"At the show, if they did the prom theme: Who ended up as Prom King/Queen?"

S: "Prom King was Maks, and Prom Queen was a very nice lady from the audience. I forgot her name though."

Me: "Thank you Sandra for your time, I really appreciate being able to talk with you about your experience at the Our Way show in your hometown. "

S: "Aw, how sweet. Thank you so much! I really loved talking about this!"
  I conclude this blog post by saying that this interview was a great opportunity to hear what some of the fans thought about the show.

Stay tuned for more posts and updates on all things Dancing with the Stars!
-Shay 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment