Saturday, September 12, 2015

DWTS Season 21 Cast- First Thoughts

Dancing With the Stars is quickly approaching with its twenty-first season on Monday, September 14, and this season has probably the best cast I have seen in a long time. The main reason, though, is because I know more names in this season than most. There were four names that I did not know, and those were Tamar, Hayes, Alek (although I did know about the train incident), and Kim. However, that does not mean that I am not excited to see how they will perform on the dance floor!


Now, a before I give my first views about the cast this season, I do want to address the last-minute changes that DWTS did with the cast. Peta Murgatroyd (paired with Michael Sam last season) had to drop out of the competition due to a foot injury. She was allegedly supposed to be paired with Andy Grammer, but Allison Holker took over for her. Also, despite an announcement from August, Artem Chigvintsev (paired with Patti LaBelle from last season) will not be competing either. However, Louis van Amstel (last apperance in season 15), Anna Trebunskaya (last appearance in season 15), Karina Smirnoff (last appearance in season 19), and Lindsay Arnold (last apperance in season 16) will all be back in the ballroom this season!

Reality Star Tamar Braxton and her partner Valentin Chmerkovskiy

As I have stated earlier,I had no clue who Tamar was, but I am interested in to getting to know her through the TV. I feel like the Good Morning America cast reveal didn't show me enough of Tamar for me to have any sort of clear first impression about her. As for Val, I, of course, think that he is awesome. As we all know, he was paired with Rumer Willis last season, and ended up winning the Mirror Ball Trophy. So will Val be able to get his second trophy in a row? Personally, I'm not too sure about that.


Actor Gary Busey and his partner Anna Trebunskaya
I literally jumped up from my seat and cheered when I heard that Anna will be on DWTS this season. I LOVE Anna, and I never thought that I would see her back on the show as a pro. I am so glad that she has returned! If you don't know already, Anna hosted on the Afterbuzz TV Aftershow podcast for Dancing With the Stars for a few seasons, and she always drew my attention with her amazing commentary! Now that Gary is her partner, I am worried for her. Gary is a funny person, but he could barely walk when he was on Celebrity Big Brother, so how will he be able to dance? I guess that we have seen some incredible things on this show with Marlie, Noah, Amy, etc., so you never know! Gary is in good hands with Anna.


Singer Nick Carter and his partner Sharna Burgess
I already predict that Nick and Sharna will make it to the finals. Just a hunch? Maybe it's because he does have some sort of musical background. Maybe it's because he has it, but I don't now what it is. If so, I would be very happy for Sharna to finally win a Mirror Ball Trophy! I hope that Nick's dancing lives up to my expectations, because I really want to see Sharna make it really far again!


Butter Enthusiast Paula Deen and her partner Louis van Amstel
Paula Deen? I didn't actually believe the rumors at first, but they are true! I am actually really excited to see her on the dance floor. Paula being paired with Louis is a bit odd, but I think she is in good hands. Paula seems like a really nice person, and I think that the show will help her prove that.


Jockey Victor Espinoza and his partner Karina Smirnoff
I'm tired of all the comments about Victor being short, so I probably won't ever say anything about his height again. He seems to be a really genuine guy, and I actually want to see him do well on the show. I'm also glad that Karina is back, especially because seasons 18 and 19 were not too good for her. Let's hope the best for this couple!


Singer/Songwriter Andy Grammer and his partner Allison Holker
Right when I get the song Honey, I'm Good out of my head, Andy has to make it stuck right back in my head! I like Andy Grammer, and I think that his energy will match well with Allison. Despite my original thoughts about Allison in season 19, I actually think that Allison has become one of my favorite pros on the show! She has really redeemed herself with Riker, and I am excited to see what kind of stuff she will do with Andy. I know that this team was a last-second pairing, so I am just curious about who Allison was originally paired with. But that's okay, because this duo seems to be a perfect match!


Social Media Personality Hayes Grier and his partner Emma Slater
People say that Hayes is not an actual "star", but I completely disagree. First of all, we have learned from the show that "stars" can be actual average people who do extraordinary things, such as Noah Galloway, J.R. Martinez, and Alek Skarlatos. We have also learned that "stars" do not have to be people with a large following, such as Charlotte McKinney, Diana Nyad, and Bethany Mota. Besides, I think that Hayes does have a large following, considering that he has over two million followers on social media! I wonder how he will do with Emma, because Emma usually gets the "struggling" dancers. I do know that Emma is practically a kid herself (just like Hayes), so I am thinking that they are having a blast in rehearsals!


"Jungle Girl" Bindi Irwin and her partner Derek Hough
I love Bindi! I remember watching she and her father on TV, and seeing their true personalities shine. Bindi seems like a mature and kind young girl, and I appreciate that on this show. Of course, since she is paired with Derek, she will do great on the show. Derek can turn anyone into a dancer!


Singer Chaka Khan and her partner Keoikantse Motsepe
I am glad that Chaka has some dance background, because I want to see Keo make it on this show past week three! I am hoping and expecting to see this couple until at least week six! Fingers crossed! Chaka is being compared to Patti LaBelle by a lot of people, but for some reason, I think that Chaka will do better than her. Let's just hope she has what it takes to make it at least halfway!


Actress Alexa PenaVega and her partner Mark Ballas
I find it interesting that there is a married couple on this season, but it seems like a flawed concept. It seems like the votes will be split between them, and one of them will become the sacrificial lamb. I have a feeling, though, that Alexa will make it further than her husband, though. I'm just glad that Mark has her because I have been wanting to see Mark with a different type of "personality" for a long time now.


Actor/Singer Carlos PenaVega and his partner Witney Carson
This is the spouse that I think will be the sacrificial lamb. It seems like Carlos has less talk about him than his wife, but you never know! I have a feeling that he was paired with Witney to make Alexa jealous, but I thought that will happen; they both seem totally cool about the whole thing. I also find it really funny how Alexa wants Carlos to go further than her, and Carlos wants Alexa to go further than him. You have got to love married couples!


American Hero Alek Skarlatos and his partner Lindsay Arnold
I love when DWTS casts people like this. I loved watching Noah last season, so I am excited to see Alek this season! I am wondering, though, how he will perform with Lindsay. We have seen Lindsay briefly in season 16, and in the troupe for seasons after, but I don't think I have really seen her "signature" moves yet. That is what I am waiting to see with this couple.


Reality Star Kim Zolciak-Biermann and her partner Tony Dovilani
I have not had a good or a bad impression about Kim yet. Nothing really jumps out at me yet; that just makes it more fun for me to watch the show! She is paired with Tony, which I am happy about because Tony has been getting the same "types" of partners lately, and I think that this is a totally new personality for him!



Thank you for reading! Updates will come to my blog and Twitter soon! :D

Make sure you follow my Dancing With the Stars Twitter page for news, updates, live tweets, and more at @DWTS2015!

If you are a fan of Big Brother, you can follow my other Twitter page at @BBSeason17!

No comments:

Post a Comment