Friday, October 7, 2016

Dancing With the Stars Season 23- Week 4 (Cirque du Soleil Night) Review [Angelina, Bentley, Fangirl, Julia]

Cirque du Soleil Night was arguably one of the craziest and most spectacular themes that has ever been done on Dancing With the Stars! Plus, a surprise double eviction?!

For this week, here are the thoughts on the week four performances from Angelina Mikheeva, Fangirl, Julia Delbel, and Paul Bentley! Katie Henry was busy this week, but she’ll be back for some more judging!

[Order of the Judges’ Scores: Carrie Ann Inaba, Julianne Hough, Bruno Tonioli]




Calvin Johnson, Jr. and Lindsay Arnold
Charleston: Bella Donna Twist by Raphaël Beau
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8 (23/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities
#TeamLindsatron 1(800)868-3401

Angelina: This dance brought me so much joy tonight!! It was a practically perfect Charleston! I agree with Julianne on how light they were on their toes I loved it! I did not see this amazing of a dance coming from Calvin and though I do agree with Bruno about his kicks, I am now just being picky!
Angelina’s Score: 8

Fangirl: This performance was a great example of an amazing balance between production elements and pure dancing. I just loved it so much and it made me smile from ear to ear. Calvin keeps surprises me each week and leaves me wanting more. I agree with Angelina he was so light on his toes and he did not miss a step on any of the kick combinations!
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Julia: I loved how this piece embodied the theme without letting it overpower the dance. Calvin nailed the movements with the exception of maybe one or two stumbles that he didn’t let stop him! I also agree with Bruno on some of the kicks but my other main issue with this is that his upper body seemed very stuff for most of this routine. Even his face didn’t move much, though his smile at a couple instances was nice. I can see Calvin and Lindsay in the Finals if they continue to get better every week as they have thus far.
Julia’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: Oh, how I love a good Steampunk theme! As always, Calvin crushed it, but he always unfortunately ends up getting overshadowed. I think we might have another surprising elimination during the Quarterfinals or Semifinals if this keeps happening. Calvin has such great musicality, and he utilizes his height to his advantage, rather than letting it trip him up. I do have to say, though, that he was a bit soft here and there, and his lifts were a bit clunky. But you know what? It was a solid Charleston with a fun theme and some gosh darn good dancing!
Bentley’s Score: 8



Maureen McCormick and Artem Chigvintsev
Argentine Tango: High Bar by Benoît Jutras
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 8 (24/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: Mystère
#TeamMaureen 1(800)868-3409

Angelina: This dance really didn’t do anything for me. I liked that it was intense and Maureen did really have good posture. Nothing in this dance really wowed me or surprised me. She had good footwork and technique which made it very nicely done.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Fangirl: There is not really much to say other than this dance was nothing special. The technique was there but it was just very discombobulated at times. It just did not work for me.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: Before the season started, I had a feeling that Maureen was going to be a little bit difficult for Artem to deal with, and sure enough, I was right. Maureen has a history of throwing tantrums (like on The Brady Bunch) and unreasonably blowing up, so I don’t think this will be the last time we see Maureen do something like she did this week. I think her problems in rehearsal really showed in her live performance, because she looked extremely uncomfortable and barely giving us much with her moves. She had good timing for most of the dance, and she did maintain a solid frame, but it was all done in a very awkward fashion. Overall, Maureen’s not really giving a good impression to the audience this season, and it is starting to affect her routines with Artem.
Bentley’s Score: 7

Julia: There’s something that’s been bothering me regarding the response to Maureen this season but I’ll start with my comments on the dance. I thought Maureen did a decent job with this Argentine Tango and had the basics down but i would have liked it to be sharper and for her to have gotten into character a bit more. And I know that red bird is actually a character from Mystere so it fit the theme, but having it pop up out of the blue and jump around (even at one point blocking the dance) was very distracting, especially when the dance was a more serious one. But it was still a decent performance on the whole.

Okay now for my other issue. The reaction of a certain portion of the DWTS audience to Maureen has been disappointing to me...but not surprising. I wouldn’t say Maureen is “throwing tantrums” like Paul did, but she does tend to get emotional a lot and some people have been criticizing and berating her for it. I’ve noticed this sort of scrutiny is something a LOT of women on DWTS have faced. Some past male contestants have been quite emotional and/or high-strung about the competition (Alek Skarlatos and Nick Carter come to mind) but when they do it the audience generally seems to find it endearing rather than annoying. Basically, people seem to be relatively accepting of male contestants who show stress or anxiety. When it comes to the women, on the other hand, if they’re not bright and bubbly all the time, many consider them annoying and find them tedious to watch, and there seems to be a trend of women who express feelings of self-doubt or strong determination on this show being disliked by many viewers. I know this is something that carries over to issues much bigger than DWTS, (and in the case of the guys it’s actually nice that the audience seems to at least be tolerant of them being emotional because men are often scrutinized for it in many areas of life) but this is something I wish a lot more people would be mindful of and maybe find ways to empathize with these contestants (because I bet a lot of the critics would react similarly if they were to be placed in this situation).

Basically what I’m saying here is I think a lot of people are being to harsh and need to lay off on Maureen (and now that I mention it, Marilu as well). This is all part of the DWTS journey and I’m looking forward to seeing out older ladies continue to grow on the show!

PS to Paul: I don’t think Artem is entirely blameless here, but I’ll save that for another post. ;)

Julia’s Score: 7




Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko
Foxtrot: Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8 (23/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: The Beatles: LOVE
#TeamGlamer 1(800)868-3405

Angelina: This dance was very elegant and beautiful. I love Jana and Gleb’s chemistry and their partnership. I do agree with the judges where it looks as if Jana looks lost some of the time. She does need to practice her spotting but other than that it was beautiful!
Angelina’s Score: 8

Julia: I loved the choreography for this piece and it was very nice to see these two have great chemistry without trying to be sexy. It was a refreshing change and ended up being Jana’s best dance yet! I do agree she needs to learn how to spot and also point her toes more. I think they may have gotten lost in the crowd this week by going so early in the night again, but I have a feeling we will see a lot more buzz about this couple next week!
Julia’s Score: 8

Fangirl: I really enjoyed Gleb's choreography during this routine. It was very refreshing to see a sweet routine from them rather than a sexy one. This routine really brought out the best in Jana. I agree with Julia and Angelina that she needs to work on spotting. Her head goes too slow and it sets off her turns and balance. She needs to work on pointing from the back of the knee and really extending her legs. Overall, this was a great dance!
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: Finally, I am not giving Jana a six! The hippie theme was just adorable, and I think it wouldn’t have worked better for any other couple than Jana and Gleb. This was the dance that I have been waiting to see from her for weeks now- one that has polished technique and more than just some tricks mixed in with basic content. But I do have to say, disagreeing with Julia and Fangirl, that this was her sexiest dance yet! She had the perfect tone for the dance and, of course, the perfect connection with Gleb. She is light on her feet, but she sometimes gets so immersed in one move that she becomes late on the next one. She also really has to let her limbs go free to actually taste the music to his full savory extent, even though this Foxtrot had more flavor than all of her other dances combined!
Bentley’s Score: 8




Marilu Henner and Derek Hough
Paso Doble: Battlefield by René Dupéré
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7 (21/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show:

Angelina: I definitely agree with Julianne for Marilu seeming very stressed during the dance. The dance and music itself was very intense but I would’ve liked lot more from Marilu. She has so much potential but I think she needs to let loose at times.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Julia: Marilu showed great strength in this Paso but seemed to freeze a couple of times. She also went in and out of character was a bit distracting. When the intensity was there I was very impressed but the rest just seemed a tad bit timid. Even with those brief moments of uncertainty I think the judges were a bit too hard on her in both their critiques and scores, and I do have to wonder if that’s because her partner is Derek and they want to make it harder for him for some reason (I’ve noticed this in some of the past seasons).
Julia’s Score: 8

Fangirl: At some moments this paso was incredible and at other moments it was lacking in intensity. I agree with Julia that sometimes the intensity was totally there and other times it just seemed like stress. I have to disagree with Julia on the harder comment though. I feel like sometimes Derek’s partners get special treatment because he is Derek and gets better scores than they deserve. For this dance though Marliu deserved these scores.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: I just want to take a vacation inside on Derek’s mind so I can see all of the creativity he has hiding in there! This Paso Doble looked like a scene from an ancient war movie! Marilu was in the zone, but only fully delivered with about half of her movements. Marilu is an incredible dancer, but she gets too much in her head, which makes her lose her ability to move with ease. I know she has it in her, but she needs to get into the right mindset, like she was for her Foxtrot. And, as always, this was yet another memorable routine from the one and only Derek Hough!
Bentley’s Score: 7




Amber Rose and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Tango: Tickle Tango by Simon Carpentier
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 8 (24/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: Zumanity
#TeamSpicySalsa 1(800)868-3401

Angelina: I was happy to see Amber feeling comfortable in her own skin this week. This dance we really didn’t do it for me and I would’ve like it to be more fiery and powerful which I know she can do.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Fangirl: Amber’s confidence sky rocked this week. When Amber has confidence this switch goes off in her and she just performs the dance impeccably. Don’t get me wrong her technique still has a long way to go but this dance was a major step from the last couple weeks. Maks finally understands how to work with Amber and when to push her and when to not. This is a major key to a great communicative partnership.
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Julia: Amber seemed to be much more comfortable out there this week but I did see a few mistakes and she still didn’t have quite as much power as she should have when dancing and Argentine Tango. Here’s hoping she continues he upward trajectory because I am still worried she could be heading home pretty soon.
Julia’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: First of all, I just want to say how overblown I thought the whole thing between Amber and Julianne was over the “uncomfortable” comment. Even though I agreed with Julianne, but not in the way that Amber assumed, I can still understand why Amber thought what she did about the comment. I think she should have probably went to Julianne first about the comment to work things out, but instead, Julianne gave a robotic speech about how she would never shame anyone like that and all that jazz. Whatever. I’m glad it’s over. But you have to watch what you say, Julianne! Anyway, this was by far Amber’s best dance yet. She was definitely in her element! She and Maks had some sexy chemistry that I had not yet seen from them thus far this season, so it was refreshing to see this different kind of theme that they portrayed. I think it was a bit simple, though, and I think that Maks could have challenged her a little more. While every step and every flick was done with ease, I want to see Amber put some more power into her legs and be able to shift her weight on her own. But how fast can she transition to be finale material?
Bentley’s Score: 8



Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke
Viennese Waltz: Jeux d’Eau by Benoît Jutras
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 8 (22/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: O
#TeamCherloch 1(800)868-3410

Angelina: Ryan has improved so much. He elongated his arms beautifully, pointed toes and his technique overall was so much better. I think he is finally moving on and people are too and giving him the chance to grow as a person and dancer. I am so proud of how hard he is working now and to see his dedication.
Angelina’s Score: 8

Julia: This was a great dance from Ryan. He has become a very elegant Ballroom dancer and I was disappointed he wasn’t scored higher for this Viennese Waltz. His technique is improving a lot and I’m enjoying him more and more.
Julia’s Score: 8

Fangirl: This dance was a major improvement from last week. Ryan’s technique was miles better from last week. I loved the concept of this dance and the choreography. I am so proud of Ryan and how hard he is working.
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: Come to think of it, I went into this season not that big of a fan of Ryan, but now I am rooting for him every week! He has really showed to America that he is a likable person, at least in my eyes. It was unfortunate that he was heckled again, but I’m glad that he just shrugged it off on stage. The comments might have affected him, but he didn’t let the haters see that. Like, why would someone go to DWTS just to heckle someone? Seems pretty low to me. I digress. I absolutely adored this Viennese Waltz! This was one of those Viennese Waltzes (along with Nick and Sharna’s and Nyle and Sharna’s) that really sucked me in, captivating me with a vortex of elegance and breathtaking beauty. Ryan came out of left field with his surprising new feel of the music, flowing and gliding across the floor with ease. He does sometimes gets out of character, and he just barely loses his balance at some points, but that didn’t stop me from being enchanted by this number! I love, love, loved this!
Bentley’s Score: 8




Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Allison Holker Eliminated- 11th
Tango: Come Together by The Beatles
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 6, 6 (18/30) Lowest Score of the Night
Cirque du Soleil Show: The Beatles LOVE
#TeamHolkerFace 1(800)868-3402

Angelina: I expected this dance to be so much more than it actually was. There were quite a few mistakes and Babyface seemed to be kind of lost and off. I hope that Babyface and Allison had a good time while on this season of DWTS.
Angelina’s Score: 6

Fangirl: Sadly, this performance was underwhelming. All the moving parts just didn’t add up and the dance went up in flames. Babyface looked like he was dancing around Allison and he messed up the steps so many times. Towards the end it was too painful to even watch. I feel terrible for Allison and Babyface and hope Babyface enjoyed this experience!
Fangirl’s Score: 6

Julia: I liked the concept for this dance and Babyface and Allison had great chemistry but the whole thing was thrown off very early on and as a result it felt like they were rushing to catch up with the music for the rest of the dance and their frame faltered as well. It’s unfortunate that they had to be eliminated after this because I know Babyface was capable of many more awesome things in the ballroom.
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: It was too bad that we couldn’t see that dress rehearsal performance for the Tango because it was a such a cool concept, and I know Babyface is able to give a smooth style to everything does. Unfortunately, he messed up in the beginning, and he never got himself back together. He did still have his signature style this week, but that was overshadowed by the cringe factor of his mistakes. I hate to see Babyface and Allison leave the competition, even though I knew that they probably wouldn’t last very long on the show. It’s a shame, but hey, he had a fun, and he didn’t take the experience for granted, unlike some other singers who were on the show!
Bentley’s Score: 6




Terra Jolé and Sasha Farber
Samba: Simcha by Benoît Jutras
The Judges’ Scores: 9, 8, 8 (25/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: O
#TeamXL 1(800)868-3412

Angelina: Terra played the role in this dance very well. Though when looking at the steps, I wasn’t a huge fan. It seemed that she struggled quite a bit. Especially towards the end, it was very visible that she couldn’t quite keep up to Sasha.
Angelina’s Score: 8

Fangirl: This dance was not perfectly crafted to fit Terra. There were some parts in the dance where she was totally behind the counts and couldn’t keep up with Sasha. This performance was definitely a step down from last week.
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: This Samba was freakin’ awesome! I don’t know what you guys saw on Monday night, but I saw Terra absolutely nail the sexiness and the technique of one of the hardest dances there are! Her footwork was out of this world, and her persona could not have gotten any spicier! She did miss the beat with the Brazilian arms at the very end, but she was still on fire while doing it! Could Terra and Sasha be any more of a perfect couple?!
Bentley’s Score: 9

Julia: Terra sold this dance very well and managed to perform most of the Samba steps quite well. She did get off a bit towards the end, but still finished strong and gave another great performance! Terra is another person I see possibly making it to the Finals!
Julia’s Score: 8



Laurie Hernandez and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Jazz: The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
The Judges’ Scores: 10, 10, 10 (30/30) Highest Score of the Night
Cirque du Soleil Show: Michael Jackson: One
#TeamValaur 1(800)868-3407

Angelina: Laurie brings just enough sass and flare to the ballroom. Her technique was perfect and fit right in with the character.
Angelina’s Score: 10

Julia: Laurie is awesome at getting into character and did very well with this routine! I would have liked to see more dancing instead of a lot of posing and walking, especially since Jazz as a style is more open and a great opportunity for the pro to give their celebs steps that are perfectly suited to them with virtually no limitations. Looking forward to seeing Laurie take on increasingly challenging choreography in the coming weeks!
Julia’s Score: 9

Fangirl: YASSSSSS girl. I feel like every blog post I write about laurie starts off with yes girl but she just exceeds my expectations every time. She is absolutely incredible. She embodies every character and dance so well and continues to raise the bar each week. I do have to agree with Julia on more jazz technique. Laurie is definitely more than capable of doing jetes or axles or some form of a jump and I would have liked to see that in this routine. She KILLS it though.
Fangirl’s Score: 10

Paul Bentley: I’m honestly running out of things to say about Laurie because every week it is the same thing-- she is too good for words! She just slays. Period. This Jazz routine was loads of fun, and showed how Laurie is able to bring to a sense of sensuality while still acting age appropriate and giving it her all! I did think that some of this dance was just mashed together randomly at some parts, and I also thought that there was not nearly enough content of Laurie interacting with Val, but hey, it it was still pretty darn entertaining!
Bentley’s Score: 9



Vanilla Ice and Witney Carson Eliminated- 10th
Viennese Waltz: La Nouba by Benoît Jutras
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8 (23/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: La Nouba
#TeamICEnSPICE 1(800)868-3413

Paul Bentley: The Cirque du Soleil set for this dance was one of the most entertaining and unique sets of the night! I found the whole ladder thing and the woman spinning on a wire to be quite impressive and very much interesting! Vanilla Ice was still a bit blocky in his body, just like in his Foxtrot, but to a lesser extent. He was able to match Witney a lot better this time, but he became a bit sporadic at certain parts of this Viennese Waltz. Vanilla Ice surely improved from his Foxtrot, but it clearly wasn’t enough to the audience because, well, he didn’t have enough votes to survive the double elimination! I appreciate his surprising devotion to the show right from the very start, but the competition was starting to get a little tough for him!
Bentley’s Score: 7

Fangirl: I agree with Bentley! I loved the cirque performers in this routine and it gave the extra flare it needed. He definitely needs to work on being more smooth and elegant in his ballroom moves. He also needs to work on his head placement and motion in ballroom dances. I think Rob was still and little flat footed but major improvement from last week!
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: This was a relatively simply set-up routine compared to some of the others this week but I found that refreshing because the choreography was nice and I liked being able to focus on it with minimal distractions. Rob developed great footwork in just a few weeks on the show, and while there were issues with his head during this performance, he was very smooth and clean overall. It’s unfortunate he and Witney had to go this week because he was one of the more entertaining contestants this season and was doing fairly well. I thought going late in the show would actually help their voting numbers, but being sandwiched between the big spectacles Laurie and James had for their performances probably did the opposite.
Julia’s Score: 8

Angelina: The set-up was pretty impressive but Vanilla Ice was still not getting the flow quite right and his head placement was a bit all over the place. It was extremely entertaining to watch him and I will miss watching him every week.
Angelina’s Score: 7




James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess
Quickstep: The Hollywood Wiz by Guy Duduc and Marc Lessard
The Judges’ Scores: 9, 9, 10 (28/30)
Cirque du Soleil Show: Paramour
#TeamStopAndGo 1(800)868-3404

Angelina: I loved this dance so much. James is an amazing performer and one of my favorites for this season. He has progressed so much over the short 4 weeks and he just keeps getting better and better. His steps were perfect I think there were just a few technical errors in footwork like unpointed toes but other than beautiful and perfect!
Angelina’s Score: 9

Fangirl: This dance was another perfect example of a great marriage between production elements and dance steps. I remember in one of Sharna’s instagram stories that she explained how she toned it down on the production elements because she did not want it to overpower James. She did a great job of keeping to the core elements of the show and adding her own Sharna twist. James had great fast feet and frame in his quickstep. His progressive chasses had the right amount of “bounce” and it was not too “jiggly” or too stiff.
Fangirl’s Score: 9

Julia: James did a great job with the technical and performance aspects of this routine, and Sharna expertly choreographed the dance and included Cirque elements without having them overpower the main action. There were some very minor errors but it all came together beautifully. I truly believe this couple can win the season if they keep at it!
Julia’s Score: 9

Paul Bentley: Damn, there were so many incredible performances Monday night, but I think James might have taken the cake with this one! I can’t get over his superior musical quality as well as his overall motion to fit every theme he tackles! Because of the weird camera angle that was on James and Sharna at the time, I actually did not notice the mistake he made in one of Charleston kicks. He was, however, just a hair off time when dancing front and center with the troupe performing behind him. And not to mention, his hold was not steady for long periods of time at all. However, I think Cirque Night really proved that James really is The Hollywood Wiz!
Bentley’s Score: 9




Rankings of the Week 4 Performances

Julia
1. James & Sharna
2. Laurie & Val
3. Calvin & Lindsay
4. Jana & Gleb
5. Terra & Sasha
6. Ryan & Cheryl
7. Vanilla Ice & Witney
8. Marilu & Derek
9. Maureen & Artem
10. Amber & Maks
11. Babyface & Allison

Paul Bentley
1. James & Sharna
2. Laurie & Val
3. Terra & Sasha
4. Calvin & Lindsay
5. Ryan & Cheryl
6. Jana & Gleb
7. Amber & Maks
8. Maureen & Artem
9. Vanilla Ice & Witney
10. Marilu & Derek
11. Babyface & Allison

Fangirl
1. Laurie & Val
2. James & Sharna
3. Calvin & Lindsay
4. Amber & Maks
5. Terra & Sasha
6. Ryan & Cheryl
7. Jana & Gleb
8. Maureen & Artem
9. Vanilla Ice & Witney
10. Marilu & Derek
11. Babyface & Allison

Angelina
1. Laurie & Val
2. James & Sharna
3. Calvin & Lindsay
4. Ryan & Cheryl
5. Jana & Gleb
6. Terra & Sasha
7. Amber & Maks
8. Maureen & Artem
9. Vanilla Ice & Witney
10. Marilu & Derek
11. Babyface & Allison



Predictions For Elimination

Julia: I’m hearing that there probably won’t be an elimination next week as the show transitions from the Results Show format back to basing the eliminations on the previous week’s scores and votes. If this is true, the next elimination will occur at the end of the Week 6 show and my guess for that right now is Amber since she has a Samba-one of the fastest dances in the syllabus as well as arguably the toughest Latin in terms of technique-for Week 5 while everyone else has either a Contemporary or something that will probably fit right in their wheelhouse. If it’s not her then I think it could be Maureen because I’m not sure how many votes she’s getting.

Fangirl: I think either Ryan or Maureen are the ones go home next week.

Angelina: I think Maureen or Terra may be going home. It seems to be getting harder for Terra and I don’t know how much longer she will be on. Like Julia said, I do not know how many votes Maureen is getting. My only other person that would come to mind for leaving would have to be Amber.

Paul Bentley: Now that Amber has made a comeback, I think she is safe for the next elimination. So, based off of the scores, I would say that Marilu is in trouble, but I think that Derek fans might just save her. So my prediction this week for week 6(?)’s elimination will be Jana and Gleb. And by the way, I don’t think Terra is going anywhere. I’m predicting she will make it to the finale.




MVP (Most Valuable Pro) Choices for Week 4

Julia: Sharna Burgess created the best dance based on the Cirque du Soleil theme and expertly helped James get high praise and high scores from the judges!

Fangirl: Sharna Burgess choreography was an example of a great marriage between production elements and dance steps. She did a great job of keeping to the core elements of the show and adding her own Sharna twist. It was a great routine!

Paul Bentley: After last week’s lack of content, I was so glad to see Cheryl Burke’s stunning choreography for her Viennese Waltz with Ryan! It was breathtaking!

Angelina: Cheryl Burke is my MVP because she has been so supportive of Ryan and helped him break out of his shell on DWTS. I love their partnership and am excited for next week's dance.




Additional Comments

Fangirl: I AM SO FRICKIN HAPPY FOR EMMA AND SASHA AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

Julia: Very happy for Emma and Sasha to be engaged, especially since Emma has basically been asking for it to happen lately and Sasha said he’s wanted to propose for a long time! I’m normally not keen on these big “life moments” happening live on the show (and I’m pretty sure I recently tweeted something about how I hoped we wouldn’t see any more of this stuff on DWTS) but I was happy it wasn’t on a performance show so it didn’t take the focus away from the celebrities and partnerships, and it made sense when Sasha explained he wanted their friends to be there and their families around the world to be able see the big moment. (Also after that big display that warmed the hearts of millions, I highly doubt the producers would cut Emma from the pro roster again, so BONUS!)

Paul Bentley: I did think I would like Cirque du Soleil Night, but I didn’t realize I would like it as much as I did! I hope the producers bring a similar theme back next season!

Paul Bentley: That male pro performance was. . . odd. And kinda boring. But as for the “double Derek” performance, it was phenomenal. These pro numbers just keep getting better and better! So, in a way, I’m disappointed that we probably won’t have any more results shows until the finale, but I’m also glad about that because it means less filler.



Follow Us on Twitter! (links)
Paul Bentley: @TheBentleyNinja
Julia Delbel: @juliadelbel
Fangirl: @24_7dwts
Katie Henry: @katiegotbandzz
Angelina Mikheeva: @angelinarose42
The DWTS 2016 Social Square (run by Paul Bentley): @DWTS2016




What did you think of Cirque du Soleil Night on Dancing With the Stars? Which couple do you think had the most fun Cirque du Soleil set? What are your thoughts on Babyface and Allison’s elimination as well as Vanilla Ice and Witney’s elimination this week? Who do you think will be eliminated next?

Next week is the emotional Most Memorable Year Night on DWTS, where the celebrities dance to reflect on some of the most important times in their lives! Also, since this week was a surprise double elimination, it seems like next week will not have one!


DWTS Sasha Emma Proposal.jpg

DWTS Babyface Elimination.jpg

DWTS Vanilla Ice Elimination.jpg

#DWTS #DWTS23

DWTS Trophy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment