Friday, September 30, 2016

Dancing With the Stars Season 23- Week 3 (Face Offs) Review [Angelina, Bentley, Fangirl, Julia, Katie]

With only an hour to perform twelve dances, the presidential debate caused there to be an unprecedented episode of Dancing With the Stars on Monday night!

Now, here are our thoughts from Angelina Mikheeva, Katie Henry, Fangirl, Julia Delbel, and Paul Bentley!

*For the Face-Off Challenge, each couple danced a different dance to the same style as another couple, comparing one couple to the other through scoring. The couple with the higher score from each round won immunity from elimination for the week, making the other in jeopardy for Tuesday’s show! In the event of a tie in scores between two couples who faced off against each other, Len decided who he wanted to give the Immunity to.


[Order of the Judges’ Scores: Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Julianne Hough, Bruno Tonioli]
[Guest Host (Tuesday): Kym Johnson-Herjavec (filling in for Erin Andrews)]




Babyface and Allison vs. Jana and Gleb

Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Allison Holker
Jive: Great Gosh A’Mighty by Little Richard
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 6, 6, 6 (25/40)
#TeamHolkerface 1(800)868-3402

Angelina: From the beginning I didn’t think babyface had enough energy. He also did not have high knees or jump action that is key to jive. His facial expressions showed that he was having fun but it just didn’t do it for me. I think his technique was pretty good though and that’s something not to forget about when doing jive.
Angelina’s Score: 6

Katie: This jive seemed REALLY slow moving choreography wise. Maybe it was lacking a little jive content? Like Jana, he was missing the sharpness and kicks and flicks. However, his smile kept him going. I really like that about him. Performance wise, I liked his jive better than Jana’s, but she just BARELY had him beat technically speaking.
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl: I have to disagree with Angelina on this one. I know Babyface doesn't have the type of blockbuster energy that everyone looks for but he has this special performance aspect that just makes me smile. Don't get me wrong there could have definitely been more jive content but this performance made me happy.
Fangirl’s Score: 6

Julia: Babyface was able to mask his lack of energy pretty well in his Foxtrot and Argentine Tango, but it is very difficult to do so in a Jive. However, I think this would have been significantly better had he sort of “thrown himself into it” more.
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: As far as content goes, I think Babyface and Allison had enough. It was slowly getting a little more tired from beginning to end, especially in his legs. Nonetheless, Babyface did as I would expect him to do in a Jive-- and it was good! Of course it was not quite at the same level as some of the other performances, but if you compare Babyface to Babyface, he did improve in some aspects. He needs to be more sharp in his movements, though, because something as little as being more sharp can bring a performance a long way.
Bentley’s Score: 6



Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko Won Immunity From Elimination
Jive: Too Many Fish in the Sea by Bette Midler
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 7, 6, 7 (26/40)
#TeamGlamer 1(800)868-3406

Angelina: A few stumbles here and there but Jana was so great! She had amazing energy and her facial expressions said it all. I don’t think she had high enough knees or jump action but her routine still got me smiling and excited.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Katie: I’m a little nervous about Jana. She seems to be plateauing a little and I’m not sure if the injury is getting to her or if maybe her time is slowly coming. I don’t want that for her! I think her potential is amazing. With that being said, she had great energy and facial expressions, but we were missing the high knees, kicks, and flicks that we get from a great jive. I hope that she can keep going strong!
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl: To be honest, I thought this performance lacked energy. It was very repetitive and boring to me. Her performance just didn't do it for me this week. I have to agree with Angelina on the high knees and jump action. Although I was not impressed I still think she did a great job and I can't wait to see her dance next week!
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: It’s clear Jana’s injury is still having an effect on her, because she seemed to hold back a bit in this Jive. I found it fairly entertaining but also a little sloppy. She was lucky to be safe this week but in order to continue to stick around she needs to stand out, and fast.
Julia’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: I honestly feel quite bad about writing my comments this week because this is the third week in a row where I would score lower than most and have more critiques for Jana and Gleb than the majority of the DWTS audience. But I just feel like Jana has been missing out on bringing everything she has. I am judging Jana based on Jana, and not everyone else. Although I think she slightly outperformed Babyface, she kind of sold herself out. She held back the characterization that was strong in her first two dances. She also relied on Gleb too much, leaning too much on him and appearing as though she was dancing based off of looking at him. It was a fun dance, but her Jive technique was subpar. I’m still waiting for Jana’s big breakout moment, and I feel like Cirque du Soleil Night will be perfect for her!
Bentley’s Score: 6




Rick and Emma vs. Vanilla Ice and Witney

Rick Perry and Emma Slater Eliminated- 12th Place
Jive: Tamacun by Rodrigo y Gabriela
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 5, 6, 6 (23/40) Lowest Score of the Night
#TeamDanceForOurVets 1(800)868-3410

Angelina: Rick didn’t show me the passion or anger that a Paso Doble endures. His arms were just straight with no flow and he was just walking around.
Angelina’s Score: 5

Katie: Rick is so endearing and kind, but we don’t necessarily need those things in the paso doble. I loved the content that Emma gave him, but he didn’t execute it well enough for my liking. We were missing the Spanish lines that give the paso doble its intensity, and quite frankly, it just looked like he was stomping around.
Katie’s Score: 5

Fangirl: Rick showed improvement this week which is key for week 3 in the competition. He showed intensity but just not enough. I could tell Emma was trying to give him paso content but he just didn't execute the technique correctly. His lines were very rounded and not finished. It was not a very good paso in my book.
Fangirl’s Score: 5

Julia: For some reason this week is making me realize how little I understand about content for most of the dances on this show. I usually can tell whether something is right or not by watching, but I’m not able to explain it very well. In this case I think Rick had the basic movements of the Paso down okay, but he was too stiff in his arms and too “stompy” in his feet. However, I was quite impressed that even with the challenge of being the oldest competitor this season (which is especially difficult for the men) he was actually given content and put his all into it (unlike some younger contestants we’ll soon be getting to…)
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: Well this Paso Doble was definitely the most comical dance of the night. Rick definitely gave us a supreme amount of intensity, but that translated into lots of stomping and tons of robotic movements. This dance really showcased Emma well, and I mean, who doesn’t mind that?! Rick and Emma’s elimination was for sure not a shocker, but now that he’s out, the other couples now must step it up since the competition is now a bit higher. Rick and Emma genuinely seemed to have fun this season, but all good things must come to an end. I would be lying if were to say that I wouldn’t miss the characters that these two play!
Bentley’s Score: 5



Vanilla Ice and Witney Carson Won Immunity From Elimination (Len Broke the Tie)
Paso Doble: Save Tonight by Zayde Wølf
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 6, 5, 6 (23/40) Lowest Score of the Night
#TeamICEnSPICE 1(800)868-3413

Angelina: You could completely see the determination in Vanilla Ice’s facial expression. Though he was also kind of walking around, he had that emotion and passion I wanted to see from Rick. Paso is hard to master if you’ve never danced in your life so I think they both made the best that they could do.
Angelina’s Score: 6

Katie: This paso was….. Odd. Even without the snapback, it was a strange paso. Like Rick, we didn’t quite get the Spanish lines that the paso needs. However, he had a lot more intensity and passion than Rick had. He didn’t execute the steps with perfection by any means, but he did everything full out, even if it wasn’t the best.
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl:  I have to agree with Katie, this paso was just strange. I mean who wears a baseball cap for a paso? Don't get me wrong, he definitely got the intensity and passion of the paso by just not the correct technique. I just want to see more content with Rob and I feel like Witney is just holding him back.
Fangirl’s Score: 6

Julia: I think Vanilla Ice had great performance quality and his footwork was somewhat decent. However, his arm movements were just very strange. There also seemed to be quite a bit of “fluff” in this piece, which is kind of annoying at this point in the season when the dances are still pretty short.
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: Vanilla Ice was in the zone with intensity, but unfortunately, his body was not. There were a select few moments where his posture and arms were on point, but it was not like that for most of the dance. I think Witney should have focused more on technique with him, rather than some of the fluff, but at least the fluff was good. Vanilla Ice is on the right track, but he needs to progress a little faster if he wants to make it far in the competition.
Bentley’s Score: 6




James and Sharna vs. Ryan and Cheryl

James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess Won Immunity From Elimination
Cha-Cha-Cha: Big Trouble by Outasight
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 8, 7 (29/40)
#TeamStopAndGo 1(800)868-3405

Angelina: He was absolutely amazing! He flowed and moved so perfectly. His cha-cha brightened up my day and I think that is the goal of any dance or to wow someone and James really did bring that wow factor.
Angelina’s Score: 8

Katie: I think I said this at the beginning of the season, but James’ energy is going to get him so far. There were a few foot faults in the cha cha but his energy and chemistry with Sharna is just amazing. He continues to grow every week and he’s so much fun to watch.
Katie’s Score: 7

Fangirl: James killed it this week! He had amazing technique and the dance was so high-energy. As of right now, James is definitely the male celeb to beat. He does everything so well and I am so impressed with his growth already in just a couple short weeks of competition.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: For some reason the choreography of this piece kinda bugged, but that aside James did pretty well. His hip and upper body movements were great, though there were a few issues with the footwork. Now that we’ve seen James do well with a variety of dance styles, I think he is a serious contender for the Mirrorball Trophy!
Julia’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: This Cha-Cha-Cha was hot-hot-hot! James had hip movement for days! When James steps, he steps hard. When he whips from one side to another, he does it with style. James had lots of personality, but his chemistry with Sharna is what really made dance so special. As Len said, he had a quite a few heel leads, and he could have had a little more pizazz, but it’s James’s class and sex appeal with Sharna that stood out the most.
Bentley’s Score: 8


Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke
Cha-Cha-Cha: If It Ain’t Love by Jason Derulo
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 7, 6, 6 (25/40)
#TeamCherloch 1(800)868-3411

Angelina: I think Ryan danced well but I think he needed more flow. He didn’t seem to show much movement but just followed Cheryl around the stage. I would’ve liked to seen more from him.
Angelina’s Score: 6

Katie: I think this was Ryan’s best dance. The problem was that there was hardly any cha cha content in there, so we couldn’t really see how much Ryan was actually improving. It did look like Ryan was walking around Cheryl but I don’t blame him entirely because of the lack of Cha Cha content. I think Cheryl needs to push him a little more so we can see how capable Ryan actually is.
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl: Ryan improved tremendously this week but it was definitely not enough for him to get “good” scores. By week 3, you should at least be getting all 7’s if you want to stay in the competition as a contender. I feel like Ryan was just following Cheryl around and she was dancing around him. I want more CONTENT and I think he is capable of that if Cheryl pushes him.
Fangirl’s Score: 6

Julia: This was strange. Ryan stood in one place for most of the routine and barely did anything at all. He also looked pretty bewildered, so the performance quality wasn’t great either. Both the choreography and execution of this piece just seemed really jerky and thrown together.
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: I was a bit surprised that this dance was choreographed by Cheryl for the fact that she is not one to put a lack of content into a dance. I wonder why she did that this time around. Ryan seemed to have lost some musicality from last week, or maybe he just never recovered from a mistake early on in the dance. He displayed quite a bit of passion with Cheryl, but the Cha-Cha-Cha content was sloppy and off touch with the music. He does have some good lines, but when it is off of the music, it is as though the hard work does not pay off. Ryan needs to refind the footing that he had during the premiere this season.
Bentley’s Score: 6




Terra and Sasha vs. Calvin and Lindsay

Terra Jolé and Sasha Farber
Viennese Waltz: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8, 7 (30/40)
#TeamXL 1(800)868-3412

Angelina: She truly looked elegant and danced beautifully tonight. I think she did wonderfully but I just wish she had shown a little more hip action.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Katie: Again, I’m in complete awe of how much content Sasha put into this Viennese Waltz. Terra’s frame and lines were absolutely stunning. I personally think her technique was better than Calvin, but that’s why there’s four judges, right? I was shocked to see them in jeopardy, but not shocked that they ended up safe.
Katie’s Score: 8

Fangirl: Terra looked very elegant and graceful tonight. Her lines were impeccable and I am beyond impressed on how her and Sasha keep such a great frame. I am so impressed with her work ethic and performance ability every week.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: I was glad to see Terra show a different side of herself this week. She had great lines, footwork, and frame. She’s doing everything she needs in order to stick around, but I worry her appearance in jeopardy this week may have been a warning she’s not getting many votes. I guess people could have gotten complacent this week though since she had such a high score.
Julia’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: I think that the fact that Terra was in “jeopardy” this week was just conducted by the producers to have a little bit of drama and mix it up with who they want to call safe for the week. Not only is she a phenomenal dancer, but I bet that she is getting lots of votes every week. She had a tremendous emotional connection with Sasha for this Viennese Waltz, and she matched that up with newfound musicality and elegance. She did stumble here and there, and her arms did come off as small in movement. If she would have extended her limbs and make them more fluid, I probably would have given her a nine. But this was still her best dance yet, and she is progressing in a way that the audience tends to like.
Bentley’s Score: 8


Calvin Johnson, Jr. and Lindsay Arnold Won Immunity From Elimination
Viennese Waltz: Woman’s World by BJ the Chicago Kid
The Judges’ Scores : 8, 8, 8, 8 (32/40) Highest Score of the Night
#TeamLindsatron 1(800)868-3403

Angelina: Calvin brought his A-game Monday night. His dance had such beautiful technique and I think he definitely carried that lightness and was delicate as Lindsay had said.
Angelina’s Score: 8

Katie: I don’t think anybody knew what to make of Calvin at the beginning of this competition. He and Lindsay are bringing their A game. Calvin had a grace about him tonight that was so refreshing to see and we saw great improvement in his technique. There were just a few spots where he didn’t quite complete the lines, but this is definitely Calvin’s best performance so far.
Katie’s Score: 8

Fangirl: I was so impressed with Calvin this week. He was so graceful and his technique improved tremendously. I thought his lines were beautiful and he was very delicate and flowy. Major points to Calvin for killing the game this week.
Fangirl’s Score: 8

Julia: Calvin is on an upward trajectory and is a true contender in this competition. He was very smooth and graceful in this dance and I can’t wait to see what he does next!
Julia’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: While I feel as though Calvin has slightly digressed in terms of footwork, Calvin stepped it up in terms of emotion and stability. He’s also still a bit tense in his shoulders, but he and Lindsay were smooth in every other way! It was so refreshing to see a Viennese Waltz with so much content and be performed on such a level. Both Calvin and Lindsay have proven themselves as dancers during their separate courses on Dancing With the Stars, and now I think that it is all tying together.
Bentley’s Score: 8




Amber and Maks vs. Maureen and Artem

Amber Rose and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Salsa: Booty by Jennifer Lopez featuring Iggy Azalea
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 6, 6, 6 (25/40)
#TeamSpicySalsa 1(800)868-3401

Angelina: I really didn’t like the non-traditional salsa. I think that routine would’ve been good with a dance like hip hop but then again, with a song like Booty, there is not really a great dance that could be created to it. From what was there it was good but it didn’t speak to me.
Angelina’s Score: 6

Katie: Was it a traditional salsa? No. Was it executed well? No. But what we finally saw from Amber was that she was having fun. Maks gave her a dance that suited her personality really well, even though there was hardly any salsa content and it was just…. Strange. Whatever it takes for Amber to have fun! (But next time, we need LOTS more content.)
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl: I just LOVED this dance. Even though there was not enough salsa content or proper technique I felt like this dance was perfectly crafted for Amber. I feel like Maks choreographed a perfect dance for Amber and really wanted to make her feel comfortable with this dance. I do agree with Julianne it needed more content but c’mon Jules during your comment you said salsa is ballroom it is not ballroom and you should know that.
Fangirl’s Score: 6

Julia: This couple continues to puzzle me. It seems like they could and should be doing so well but they just seem kind of timid. I’m not going to call this dance a non-traditional Salsa because it wasn’t even a Salsa. It was a Hip-Hop number with a couple of Salsa steps. The Salsa was actually the best-danced part of the routine, so I’m not sure why they added the other stuff in there.
Julia’s Score: 6

Paul Bentley: I have noticed a trend this season that a lot of celebrities just do not have stamina in their dances, and Amber’s Salsa made me realize that. Her dance started out alright, but she began to look rushed and confused when she actually did Salsa content. . . And half of the Salsa was just booty shaking. Even if it were Jazz routine, I would still like to see more content and just more moving in general. Maks’s choreography was not exactly the best this time around, and it became really silly very quick. Amber had some flares of Latin heat and looked to be having a bunch of fun, but we’ve been seeing some of the same Amber for three weeks now. I want Maks to push her and showcase to us how she can handle what he throws at her.
Bentley’s Score: 6


Maureen McCormick and Artem Chigvintsev Won Immunity From Elimination
Salsa: Tres Deseos by Gloria Estefan
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28/40)
#TeamMaureen 1(800)868-3409

Angelina: I enjoyed the classy salsa. I also loved how Maureen really shined tonight. Her technique was spot-on and energy level was at a good balance.  
Angelina’s Score: 7

Katie: I was so excited to see Maureen continue to have fun this week. I think her partnership with Artem is really starting to gel. Artem gave her a traditional salsa that she executed REALLY well. Her technique keeps improving and her energy level was on point.
Katie’s Score: 7

Fangirl: I loved this very traditional and classy salsa. Her technique keeps improving and she has more and more energy and performance ability each week.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: Now this was a Salsa! Well-choreographed and well-executed, just a little bit shaky (especially towards the end). I love seeing Maureen having fun on the show and can’t wait to watch more dancing from her!
Julia’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: Out of each Face-Off from Monday night, I think that Maureen was the clearest winner for her battle against Amber. Maureen and Artem just had so much more spicy flavor, and comfortability, and content than Amber and Maks. Maureen shined this week more than she ever had so far this season, feeling the music like no other time she danced live on the show! She missed some arm passes and had a mistake with Artem towards the end, which was quite noticeable. Overall, though, despite her needing to hit each step harder, Maureen showed us strong power in her body movements!
Bentley’s Score: 7




Laurie and Val vs. Marilu and Derek

Laurie Hernandez and Valentin Chmerkovskiy Won Immunity From Elimination
Tango: Into the Sunset by Crystal Lake featuring Kifi
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 8, 8, 8 (31/40)
#TeamValaur 1(800)868-3407

Angelina: I could tell Laurie was very nervous for this dance but she exceeded my expectations. She brought such power and energy to the floor. I would’ve liked the dance to show off more of what she is great at and though the lift was not really appreciated in the tango, I still loved her dance.
Angelina’s Score: 8

Katie: Honestly, I couldn’t care less about the lift. This dance blew everyone else out of the water. There’s something about EDM music that sends Val’s choreography off the charts. What I love so much about Laurie is that even though she’s young, there’s a grace and a maturity about her that adds so much to her dancing. Like Angelina said, you could tell she was a little nervous, but this was such a powerful performance. I was blown away! Her frame, technique, and musicality were just amazing.
Katie’s Score: 9

Fangirl: YASSS GIRL YASS GIRL. Laurie continues to push the bar each week and she just get better and better. Her technique is off the charts and she is just levels ahead of everyone. She bring such energy and power to the dance floor. I just adore her.  Val choreography this week was killer and it was just an incredible performance.
Fangirl’s Score: 9

Julia: I loved the staging of this dance but there wasn’t a lot of variety in it, there were some parts where it didn’t seem very steady, and the lift was a big no-no. Now that I’ve got that over with, this was excellent! I loved that Laurie was able to show a different side of herself this week. She was very mature and strong. Versatility is important in this competition so it bodes VERY well for Laurie that she is very good at “acting” her dances.
Julia’s Score: 8

Paul Bentley: Laurie is so easy to critique because, well, there is not much that she does wrong or messes up with! She has so many layers to her many dancefloor characters, and we get to see another every week with each of her performances. Since she absolutely nailed this Tango, speedily showing us her strong frame and stature (even with Val’s quick choreography), I am going to be nitpicking the dance. Laurie could have kept her hold more steady, and since it was such a short dance with a little bit of dilly dallying at the beginning, I wasn’t able to witness the endurance that I know she has. I didn’t care about the lift at the end, but what bothers me is how Carrie Ann selectively chooses when she wants to deduct a point for a lift and when not to. And I mean, a whole point?! Why take off an entire point for something as silly as both of Laurie’s feet coming off the ground for a couple of seconds. But whatever. Laurie’s Tango was fantastic, as always, and it asserts how she is some tough competition!
Bentley’s Score: 9


Marilu Henner and Derek Hough
Tango: Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28/40)
#TeamHennergy 1(800)868-3408

Angelina: Though a classy version of a tango, it was very plain. I would’ve liked more emotion out of Marilu and I know she is capable of it. Technique was very good but a few stumbles here and there, she was a bit too stiff with her upper body, but was still a job well done.
Angelina’s Score: 7

Katie: I could tell that Derek toned down the difficulty in his choreography this week. This tango was middle of the road for me. It’s the first time that one of Derek’s dances hasn’t really done anything for me. I honestly don’t remember much of it other than the fact that she had a few stumbles and some frame issues. I don’t think she’s close to the end of the road, though. You have a tough week and then bounce back!
Katie’s Score: 6

Fangirl: I was not a fan of this tango and it's boring choreography. Don't get me wrong her technique was impressive but I just wasn't a fan on this dance. I wanted more emotion, more passion, more structure.
Fangirl’s Score: 7

Julia: I liked that there was “light and shade” in this Tango, but was surprised Marilu didn’t get into the character of it. The technique was alright but the huge space between Marilu and Derek during this dance was very obvious. Even with the problems I knew they’d be safe and expect them to last a good while longer!
Julia’s Score: 7

Paul Bentley: Marilu held her own throughout this Tango, dragging her body across the dance floor seamlessly. She let Derek lead her just enough, letting him do what he should do while still showcasing her abilities that are getting stronger and stronger this season. Her posture and frame was crooked on and off throughout the routine, plus she comes comes off as hesitant in some of her movements. I’ve noticed this before, but it starting to fade away. Marilu crushed that Tango, but at the end of the day, Laurie in fact was more polished overall. Now I want to see Marilu and Derek have to offer for the crazy Cirque du Soleil Night!
Bentley’s Score: 8




Week 3 Dance Rankings

Angelina
1. James & Sharna
2. Val & Laurie
3. Calvin & Lindsay
4. Jana & Gleb
5. Terra & Sasha
6. Maureen & Artem
7.Ryan & Cheryl
8. Marilu & Derek
9. Amber & Maks
10. Vanilla Ice & Witney
11. Babyface & Allison
12. Rick & Lindsay

Katie
1. Laurie and Val
2. Terra and Sasha
3. Calvin and Lindsay
4. James and Sharna
5. Maureen and Artem
6. Marilu and Derek
7. Babyface and Allison
8. Jana and Gleb
9. Ryan and Cheryl
10. Vanilla Ice and Witney
11. Amber and Maks
12. Rick and Emma

Fangirl
1. Laurie and Val
2. Terra and Sasha
3. Calvin and Lindsay
4. James and Sharna
5. Marilu and Derek
6. Jana and Gleb
7. Maureen and Artem
8. Babyface and Allison
9. Ryan and Cheryl  
10. Vanilla Ice and Witney
11. Amber and Maks
12. Rick and Emma

Julia
1. Terra & Sasha
2. Calvin & Lindsay
3. Laurie & Val
4. James & Sharna
5. Marilu & Derek
6. Maureen & Artem
7. Jana & Gleb
8. Vanilla Ice & Witney
9. Amber & Maks
10. Rick & Emma
11. Babyface & Allison
12. Ryan & Cheryl

Paul Bentley
1. Laurie and Val
2. Calvin and Lindsay
3. Terra and Sasha
4. James and Sharna
5. Marilu and Derek
6. Maureen and Artem
7. Jana and Gleb
8. Ryan and Cheryl
9. Babyface and Allison
10. Amber and Maks
11. Vanilla Ice and Witney
12. Rick and Emma




Predictions For Elimination

Katie: I think it’s between Vanilla Ice, Amber, and Ryan at this point based on skill. I think Maks’ fanbase just MIGHT be enough to keep Amber through, and out of those three it’ll be Vanilla or Ryan.

Fangirl: I think the bottom three technique wise are Vanilla Ice, Amber, and Ryan. Based on Amber’s fan base I think it will be Vanilla Ice or Ryan.

Julia: I have a feeling we’re going to have a lot of close calls for eliminations this season. According to Tom on twitter we already had one this week and I have a feeling the person who juuuuuuust managed to scrape by was Amber (keeping in mind it was very likely the person who was barely saved had LESS votes than the person who was eliminated, but just enough to prevent the spread to be covered). I think she could be in trouble next week because I have a feeling not enough viewers are connecting with her, and I’m also worried that Babyface is becoming pretty forgettable.

Paul Bentley: I have a feeling that Amber and Maks are not getting as many votes as compared to everyone else, so I think that they are the next to go. If they are not eliminated, I think Vanilla Ice and Witney’s time might run out.




MVP (Most Valuable Pro) Choices for Week 3

Angelina: I think my MVP of the week would be Sasha Farber. He always helps Terra create beautiful dances and has never disappointed me once.

Katie: I gotta switch it up this week and give MVP to Lindsay Arnold. She’s really surprising me this season with how well she’s doing with Calvin. His technique is improving SO much and he’s really enjoying this experience which is what it’s all about.

Fangirl: This week my MVP goes to Emma Slater because she is so patient and considerate with all her parents considering most of them don't have dance experience and don't go very far. I feel like she does not get enough credit for what she does. She could throw a fit and make excuse but every season she is so patient with her partner.

Julia: I am also going to make Emma Slater my MVP of the week as well because she never phoned it in this season (or any season) even though she knew she was not going to win. I’ve seen a lot of pros do that in the past and I hate it because it’s not fair to their celebrity, but Emma has never gone that route and her partnerships have been more rewarding because of it.

Paul Bentley: Artem Chigvintsev molded what Maureen already knew into something bigger and better than what we have seen from them so far this season. He really made her shine, and he truly did a good job at standing out in his battle with Maureen against Amber and Maks.



Additional Comments

Katie: It’s going to be SO interesting to see what dances they’re giving the stars next week with the Cirque de Soleil theme. Twitter was absolutely exploding Tuesday night, automatically saying that Laurie already was miles ahead of the pack. Now, if she has jazz or contemporary, then yes, it’ll be a little unfair. But let’s wait to pass judgment until we see what dances the stars get!

Julia: Laurie will likely have an obvious advantage next week, but I think we could also be in for some really cool things from Terra and possibly Jana if her injury improves. And I found it hilarious that Len gave this big speech about sticking to the ballroom basics and then they announced the theme was Cirque du Soleil.

Julia: Tuesday’s episode was the first of the season that left me with negative feelings. The weird Derek/Marilu edit, the same old bump-n-grind female pro dancing, the condescending attitude towards Terra...it just wasn’t very enjoyable to watch. I know everyone on twitter was complaining about the Maks and Val bit, but it was one of the highlights of the evening for me just because it brought back the fun a little while. Hopefully Cirque du Soleil will help keep that vibe around longer for a few minutes next week.

Paul Bentley: Once again, I feel as though the results show was dragged out, even though I did enjoy some of the pro dances and also liked the appearance of Kym Johnson back in the ballroom! Opposite to that, though, Monday’s episode went by way too fast, not even giving the judges time to give comments on each dance. . . but I found some positives in that!

Paul Bentley: No Len for the next few weeks! Too bad. I think he scores really fair. But, I understand the fact that it is hard for him to travel between the United States and the United Kingdom every week to judge on two different shows. Hurry on back to America, though, Len!




Follow Us on Twitter! (links)
Paul Bentley: @TheBentleyNinja
Julia Delbel: @juliadelbel
Fangirl: @24_7dwts
Katie Henry: @katiegotbandzz
Angelina Mikheeva: @angelinarose42
The DWTS 2016 Social Square (run by Paul Bentley): @DWTS2016




What did you think of the Face-Off Challenge on Dancing With the Stars? Which couples do you think deserved Immunity from the judges the most? What did you think of the Tuesday results show, featuring Kym Johnson-Herjavec as a guest co-host? What did you think of Rick and Emma’s elimination? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?

Next week on Monday, it’s the first ever Cirque du Soleil Night on Dancing With the Stars, featuring performances of various Cirque du Soleil shows! Then, on Tuesday, it is another results show, this time only being one hour long! On Tuesday’s show, a third person will be eliminated, coming in eleventh place this season!


DWTS Rick Paso Doble.jpg

#DWTS #DWTS23

DWTS Trophy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment