Friday, September 23, 2016

Dancing With the Stars Season 23- Week 2 (TV Night) Review [Bentley, Fangirl, Julia, Katie]

TV Night on Dancing With the Stars was filled with timeless theme songs that will become stuck in our heads for weeks now! But there was more than just a fun theme. . . there was also some spectacular dancing!


So, without further ado, here are Julia Delbel’s, Fangirl’s, Katie Henry’s, and Paul Bentley’s thoughts on the two-night event! Angelina Mikheeva is sick this week, but she will be back to give her thoughts on next week’s performances!


[Order of the Judges’ Scores: Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Julianne Hough, Bruno Tonioli]






Maureen McCormick and Artem Chigvintsev
Quickstep: The Brady Bunch by Peppermint Trolley Company
TV Show Theme: The Brady Bunch
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 6, 6, 7 (26/40)
#TeamMaureen 1(800)868-3409


Julia: This was a MAJOR transformation from last week, and a prime example of why I am so glad the celebrities got to do two dances before the first elimination was decided! It seemed like Maureen had a lot of fun paying tribute to her Brady Bunch days this week and I think that may have helped her relax. I loved Artem’s choreography for this number and was so excited when Florence popped up! There was a small mistake and a lack of body contact but this was still awesome to watch!
Julia’s Score: 7


Fangirl: Compared to last week, Maureen majorly improved. I thought her timing, footwork, and frame definitely improved. She needs to work on her shoulders down on her frame and not tense up but other wise I think she put on a great performance. Maureen proves that confidence definitely can affect the judges scoring. The more confident you are the more you will believe you are doing it right. I loved Artem’s choreography this week and I can't wait to see how she improved if she stays in the competition.
Fangirl’s Score: 6


Katie: A little bit of confidence goes a LONG way. It was so obvious that Maureen was able to let go a little bit and enjoy the experience. I wasn’t blown away by their quickstep but Maureen made a ton of improvements with her frame and musicality. I really hope they last another week because I think Maureen still has a lot to offer.
Katie’s Score: 6


Bentley: Maureen started out strong, but for the second week in a row, it slowly fell apart somewhere in the middle. I thought that she matched Artem well for the first few bars, but it looks like she could barely keep up at some points. She seemed hesitant of her movements like last week, but this time it was to a lesser extent. She definitely had a ton of more confidence this time around, but now it has to be channeled in a more controlled way.
Bentley’s Score: 6






Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko
Tango: I Don’t Want to Be by Gavin DeGraw
TV Show Theme: One Tree Hill
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 8, 7, 7 (29/40)
#TeamGlamer 1(800)868-3406


Julia: It is absolutely awful that people are already getting hurt in the second week (I heard James had an injury as well) but I was very happy that everyone was able to dance. It was obvious Jana was in pain during her dance but she still managed to execute it pretty well. She was a little stiff but that probably had a lot to do with her injury. I was disappointed at how similar to their Week 1 routine this was; and if they don’t change things up soon they will risk being seen as a one-trick pony. I’m sure Jana is able to play lots of different character types other than “mysterious and sexy” so I hope we can see some variety from this couple very soon!
Julia’s Score: 7


Fangirl:  I am so proud of Jana and how she killed it this week considering how much pain she was in. I think she did an incredible job pushing through the pain and she delivered a great performance. Although she is a great performer she needs to work on her stiff lines and bent legs. Like Jules, said she needs to work on extending her legs and fully pointing staring  with the back on the knee.
Fangirl’s Score: 7


Katie: I absolutely ache for Jana. I hope she doesn’t try to hide her injury because if she pushes it too hard, it may damage her back even more. That being said, she did an amazing job considering her injury. I also loved Gleb’s choregraphy this week. I was a little apprehensive about the OTH theme song done as a tango but I was pleasantly surprised! I thought their routine fit the style really well. I think without the injury, they would’ve delivered an AMAZING tango. Her technique was spot on considering her injury.
Katie’s Score: 7


Bentley: I am once again slightly disappointed in the content of Jana and Gleb’s dance. I know Gleb had to modify things for Jana because of her back injury, but I think he went about it the wrong way. First of all, there wasn’t enough traveling. Second of all, there was too much kicking and dipping (which had a lot of mistakes) for me to really see a coherent Tango. Finally, the hold was just too tight. But hey, Jana did pretty well with the little amounts of basic Tango that she did do, giving us some intensity and sharp lines. . . Hopefully she can keep giving those sharp lines, though, without sharp back pains!
Bentley’s Score: 6






Rick Perry and Emma Slater
Quickstep: Green Acres by Vic Mizzy
TV Show Theme: Green Acres
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 5, 6, 5 (22/40) Lowest Score of the Night
#TeamDanceForOurVets 1(800)868-3410


Julia: This was much better than his Cha-Cha, especially in his performance quality. The choreography was cheesy in a fun way and he kept up with the music throughout the routine. There were still a lot of issues though, like how I could see his frame slipping a lot and he didn’t turn his head the way he was supposed to (please forgive me...I still don’t know the technical terms for a lot of this stuff).
Julia’s Score: 6


Fangirl: When I found out Rick Perry was on the show I was livid but over a couple weeks of competition Rick has proved to me that he does have a kind heart. Although is performance was definitely not a Quickstep it put a smile on my face. He still has a TON to work on. His Progressive Chassés were very stiff and super messy. I didn't see clean lines nor a good frame. I will be shocked if he makes it past week 3.
Fangirl’s Score: 5


Katie: I’m sorry, guys, this was absolutely horrible. I love Rick’s attitude, but this was not a quickstep. I’m not sure if Emma tried slowing it down for the song/theme, but his frame and footwork were so off. At this point, the only thing that would get them through to next week would be their energy and positivity, which, I’ll admit, is great. But I’ll be shocked if he makes it to week 4.
Katie’s Score: 4


Bentley: Alright. This was not exactly the most difficult Quickstep of the night, but I commend Emma for actually sticking to the basics while still adding in just the right amount of tasteful humor. Rick was unsteady with his entire core, but at least he had bounce and character for most of the dance! It was probably one of the slowest Quicksteps I’ve ever seen on the show, but I can tell that Rick challenged himself. He tried. What more can we ask for? Besides, I think he came off as much more entertaining this week that during the premiere.
Bentley’s Score: 5






Calvin Johnson, Jr. and Lindsay Arnold
Foxtrot: As Days Go By by Jesse Frederick
TV Show Theme: Family Matters
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28/40)
#TeamLindsatron 1(800)868-3403


Julia: This was another major upgrade from last week. Calvin seemed a lot more comfotrable on the dance floor and was very graceful both in and out of frame. I guess the frame was a little awkward but he’s still getting used to dancing in hold in general, let alone dancing in hold with a big height difference. This was such a joyful routine and I can’t wait to see more from this couple!
Julia’s Score: 8


Fangirl: Two words. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. I thought his energy was levels higher than last week and his footwork improved a lot too. His frame at some points in the dance are amazing and at other points it needs a lot of improvement though. His shoulders are up and he is very tense in his movements sometimes but other times his frame is great for Week 2. I think Lindsay does a great job of choreographing to fit their height difference. Overall, I loved this performance and it made me smile ear to ear.
Fangirl’s Score: 8


Katie: I was pleasantly surprised by how good their frame was considering their height difference! I think they killed the energy and concept also. Lindsay is doing a really great job coming up with choreography that suits Calvin but also allows her choreography to shine. We’re going to see great things from them this season!
Katie’s Score: 8


Bentley: Lindsay’s routines are just awesome. I love the choreography with the suspenders! However, I think that she needs to work a little more on hold with Calvin. I know it’s hard because of the height difference, but he has to straighten out his knees. He also should stand back a little more as well as loosen up his shoulders. But that’s only in hold. Out of hold, he has incredible footwork and music just running through his body! He really embodied the character of Urkel!
Bentley’s Score: 7






Amber Rose and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Viennese Waltz: Game of Thrones Main Title Theme by Ramin Djawadi
TV Show Theme: Game of Thrones
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 6, 6, 6 (24/40)
#TeamSpicySalsa 1(800)868-3401


Julia: Well, this was strange, I liked seeing Amber and Maks get into character but this was yet another Viennese Waltz that didn’t live up to its name. Amber seemed pretty stiff and her technique wasn’t the greatest either. She’s come across as quite nervous so far this season so I hope being in jeopardy this week was more of a motivator than a confidence-knocker.
Julia’s Score: 6


Fangirl: I have very conflicting ideas and thoughts surrounding this dance. It frustrates me because in the package amber seems so clean and smooth but during the live show it all goes downhill. The package her frame looks great and her footwork is super clean and clear but during the live show she was very stocky and stiff. Amber really needs to work on making sure nerves don't get the best of her. She has a great personality and needs to show it on the dance floor.
Fangirl’s Score: 6


Katie: This dance could’ve been SO much more. I found the choreography a little…. Odd. This could’ve been an amazing production and dance but I think Amber’s confidence is still getting the best of her, plus the odd wardrobe choice for the boots that she wore. I hope they get a latin dance next week because I really want her to be able to showcase her crazy personality that we all know and love. As of right now, I think Amber could be in danger.
Katie’s Score: 6


Bentley: I just love the Game of Thrones theme song so much! The set was absolutely amazing, and the costumes were even better! Just like with Jana’s Tango (and Viennese Waltz for that matter), there just was not enough in hold. Amber’s movements appeared small, and those shoes that Julianne mentioned really did seem to throw her off. Amber was in the zone for this dance, and swayed very nicely, but as Katie said, it could have been so much more!
Bentley’s Score: 6




Jake T. Austin and Jenna Johnson Eliminated- 13th Place
Cha-Cha-Cha: Go, Diego, Go! from Viacom
TV Show Theme: Go, Diego, Go!
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 6, 6, 6 (24/40)
#TeamJSquared 1(800)868-3404


Julia: This dance was just creepy. I know this is a Latin dance but Go Diego Go! Did NOT need to be that sexualized. Jenna and the other jungle cats feeling up “Diego” was especially gross. I think Jake did do marginally better than last week but this routine felt very stop-and-go and his lines, especially the hands, were quite awkward. Basically, the dance was very choppy and made me feel uncomfortable, though I could tell Jake was trying his best with it.
Julia’s Score: 6


Fangirl: I have been campaigning for Jenna to become a pro the moment she stepped on the SYTYCD stage and I am so sad they got eliminated. I don't think Jake was that good of a dancer but I really wanted Jenna to show her full potential. She has been waiting five FIVE years for this and boom it is over with just like that. Anyways, in my opinion Jake did terrible this week. He has terrible rhythm and his lines are not impressive. It seems like he tries but I am just missing something from him.
Fangirl’s Score: 6


Katie: Again, this was so, so, bad. I feel so bad for Jenna because you could tell she tried to give Jake easier choreography while still putting in a lot of recognizable cha cha content. Jake’s lines were too stiff and awkward, he was off beat several times, and it still wasn’t coming together. The upside is that Jenna still got to show off some great choreography. I do hope she gets the chance to come back as a pro next season.
Katie’s Score: 5


Bentley: At first, I thought that Go, Diego, Go! Was going to be the worst theme for a dance ever, but Ray Chew, the costume department, and the dancers somehow made it just barely work. I like the twist that Jake and Jenna put on the show, but the dancing just didn’t match up with the fun of the routine.There was absolutely no shaping in Jake’s arms, and he was almost never on beat. But overall, I think this dance was enjoyable to watch. I can’t say that I was shocked that these two got eliminated, but I wish that Jake would have had time for his big breakout moment, because I can tell that he was finally starting to get into the groove of things! At least Jenna was a pro for the first time. I’m glad Jake and Jenna had a good time while it lasted!
Bentley’s Score: 6




Vanilla Ice and Witney Carson
Foxtrot: Love and the Marriage by Frank Sinatra
TV Show Theme: Married… with Children
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 7, 6, 7 (XX/40)
#TeamICEnSPICE 1(800)868-3413


Julia: I love Rob’s attitude toward this experience, He cares more about enjoying the process than winning the trophy, and seems to be making friends with a lot of the other cast members. This was a good first ballroom dance from him. His frame was decent and his footwork was pretty good, though there were a few mistakes and he needs to be a bit more graceful. I think Rob has at least a few more weeks before he and Witney need to start worrying about possibly getting the boot, which means there is still plenty of time for him to continue his upward trajectory!
Julia’s Score: 7


Fangirl:  Rob showed major improvement from last week’s routine. I still think Rob is only reaching the tip of the iceberg regarding his potential. His lines were great and his rhythm is exceptional but I still want to see him become more graceful. I am looking forward to his next routine and seeing what he can do!
Fangirl’s Score: 7


Katie: What a surprise to see awesome improvement from Rob and Witney! We saw a lot of improvement with his frame and musicality. I would like to echo Fangirl’s comments that he still needs to be a little more graceful with the ballroom dances. I hope he’s around long enough for us to see a Viennese Waltz from him. Going a little off topic, I absolutely love how during the results show behind the scenes footage, we got to see how supportive Rob is of his cast mates. He has great energy with EVERYONE. That’s what our Dancing with the Stars family is all about!
Katie’s Score: 7


Bentley: Despite Witney never having seen Married… with Children, think both she and Vanilla Ice portrayed Al and Peggy Bundy really well. Although I do wish Witney was given a red wig! Vanilla Ice showed us good technique that was covered up last week, and I was pleasantly surprised with his skill in hold. His hold needs some fixing and he needs to follow Witney more, but he was quite smooth going from one side of the dance floor to the other. Vanilla Ice has some great footwork and a fun personality, which I know can take him a long way!
Bentley’s Score: 7






Terra Jolé and Sasha Farber
Quickstep: Bewitched by Steve Lawrence
TV Show Theme: Bewitched
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8, 8 (31/40)
#TeamXL 1(800)868-3412


Julia: Terra and Sasha managed to be a standout couple this week despite having what was probably the toughest challenge to overcome. Great frame, rhythm, and technique from Terra! Her turns were a little messy but still much better than I expected. I’m ready for more from this team!
Julia’s Score: 8
Fangirl: Yas girl! I think Terra truly shined this week. I am so proud of her and her accomplishments so far in this competition! I was astounded that she and Sasha kept such a amazing frame despite the height difference. Her lines were impeccable and her footwork improved tremendously from last week! This was definitely one of my favorite routines of the night!
Fangirl’s Score: 8


Katie: Wow. Just wow. Terra had AMAZING rhythm and musicality this week. Her lines improved so much and I was so excited to see that Sasha did not take it easy on the choreography. I’ll echo Bentley’s comments and say that I’d like to see a little bit more consistency throughout the dance, but for a WEEK TWO quickstep, Terra and Sasha slayed it this week. So excited they’re back for next week!
Katie’s Score: 8


Bentley: Wow! I did not expect Terra to improve this much so quickly! She didn’t miss a single step! Terra nailed the footwork, even in the turning bits! There was so much happiness that I got from this dance, and I think it’s because of how well of a pair Terra and Sasha are! She still needs to work on keeping her hold steady with Sasha, and did see a slight mistake towards the beginning, but overall, Terra and Sasha absolutely slayed that performance!
Bentley’s Score: 8






Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Allison Holker
Argentine Tango: The X-Files by Mark Snow
TV Show Theme: The X-Files
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 7, 8 (30/40)
#TeamHolkerFace 1(800)868-3402


Julia: Babyface obviously has great musicality, but he is proving to have strong technique as well! He looked a little hunched over but still moved quite well. I’m also happy to see Allison “dancing down” a bit to match him, which is something she rarely if ever did in her previous seasons on the show. Really liking where this partnership is going!
Julia’s Score: 7


Fangirl: I was so surprised by BabyFace this week. I agree with Katie I definitely think he is the dark horse this season. The Argentine tango suits him very well. The intensity and passion was totally there and there was major improvement with this frame. I thought it was so brilliant and cool that he produced his own spin on the theme song!  I am so excited to see what him and Allison do next!
Fangirl’s Score: 7


Katie: Wow! Another big surprise this week. I thought Babyface improved a lot this week. He hit every move with purpose and we saw a lot of improvement with his frame. I’m starting to believe that Babyface is this season’s dark horse. Their partnership is so incredible. I will also go as far as to say that I think that this argentine tango was a little on the safe side. I’m excited to see what comes next for this pair because Babyface has definitely proven himself.
Katie’s Score: 7


Bentley: Where did that come from?! Babyface absolutely owned that Argentine Tango, becoming immersed in the music like no other contestant this season. His spin on the The X-Files theme song was absolutely perfect! Kenny and Allison danced as one unit, which is really hard to come by on week two. Babyface does still need to work on his posture and stabilizing himself, but he is on the right track! This was one of the biggest surprises of the night for me. The only now is whether or not this couple can keep this up every week.
Bentley’s Score: 8






Laurie Hernandez and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Jive: DuckTales by Mark Mueller
TV Show Theme: DuckTales
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32/40) Highest Score of the Night
#TeamValaur 1(800)868-3407


Julia: This was so much fun and it was great to see Laurie show her skills in two contrasting Latin dances these first two weeks. Her timing and performance quality were wonderful, but her toes were, for the most part, not pointed, which is a big no-no with the Jive (surprised one of the judges mentioned that). Overall, great technique and very entertaining!
Julia’s Score: 8


Fangirl: I just love Laurie to death. She puts the biggest smile on my face and she is so fun to watch. I really think Laurie was made for Val because I have never seen Val so excited or happy about a partner. Her technique is mostly flawless and her rhythm is impeccable. Don't get me wrong through, Laurie still has things to work on. Like Katie said above, she needs to be more sharp in the feet and really extend and point her toes.
Fangirl’s Score: 9


Katie: I had a smile on my face during this entire dance. The jive was made for Laurie. She executed every move and we even saw improvements with her musicality. It’s easy to tell that Val is really inspired this season, and I stand by my point that this season might be a Zendaya 2.0. The ONLY thing I was missing from this jive is a little bit more sharpness in the feet, especially on the kicks and flicks. But I’ll be watching this dance again and again!
Katie’s Score: 8


Paul Bentley: Laurie is like a little ball of kinetic energy! The entire set made the cartoony style really come to life, which is one of the many things that I love about Val’s performances! He has such a creative mind! Laurie was on point with everything Val threw at her, and she did it with such ease and charisma. There could be minor refinements in her arms here and there, and maybe there could be more detail in parts where Val and Laurie should match up a little more, but that is so miniscule that anyone could have missed it. This girl is going to make it to the finals for sure!
Bentley’s Score: 8




James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess
Paso Doble: The Walking Dead Theme Song by Joakim Lindström
TV Show Theme: The Walking Dead
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7, 8 (29/40)
#TeamStopAndGo 1(800)868-3405


Julia: This couple has been very entertaining so far and I see a lot of potential in James. Unfortunately they didn’t have a lot of time to practice this week and while it did show, I was still impressed they managed to pull it off as well as they did, especially for Week 2. James had the basics of this Paso down, he just needed some refinement. He’s now done with racing for the season, though, so I’m sure he’ll have plenty of time to rehearse in the coming weeks!
Julia’s Score: 7


Fangirl: I was so impressed on how incredible James was for learning his dance in just 2 days. He brought the correct amount of intensity and strength for this Paso Doble and his frame and footwork improved from last week’s routine.  I love his attitude and energy and can’t wait to see him do cha cha cha next week!
Fangirl’s Score: 7


Katie: I can't believe how amazing this paso would've been had James and Sharna had the normal rehearsal time to complete it. James has amazing passion and energy and he's proven that he's in it to win it. I was missing the Spanish lines that we see in a paso doble but that could have been due to the theme of the dance. I'm so excited for James to cha cha next week. It'll be interesting to see him in a high energy Latin dance.
Katie’s Score: 7


Paul Bentley: The story to this performance was very much stellar, and James’s technique was also quite impressive, especially considering that he barely had any time to practice! It just makes me think how much better he could have been if he actually had a full week of rehearsals, because his moves were a bit stuttery, his feet came off a bit stompy, and he was off on the side-by-side section with Sharna. There could also have been some more stuff in hold, but it had more content in it than some of the other dances! I think James can make it to week eleven, but he needs to spend more time in the studio for that to happen!
Bentley’s Score: 7






Marilu Henner and Derek Hough
Foxtrot: Angela by Bob James
TV Show Theme: Taxi
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 8, 7, 7 (29/40)
#TeamHennergy 1(800)868-3408


Julia: This wasn’t a very exciting theme song, but that actually led to the majority of the routine consisting of actual Foxtrot content-more than quite a few of the other dances this week. Marilu’s frame was amazing and her technique was good too except for a couple of quick wobbly moves. In response to Fangirl, I think a lot of the praise Marilu is getting has to do with her age, although the show does seem to like to promote Derek an awful lot (as well as a couple other pros, namely, Val and sometimes Maks). And I do think Derek and his partners are likely to go far with his big fanbase supporting them.
Julia’s Score: 8


Fangirl: I have conflicting views about Marilu and this performance. On one hand, I love Marilu’s energy and her zest for life but on the other the choreography seemed very repetitive and boring to me. I mean don't get me wrong that dance was packed with foxtrot content it was not interesting to me. Her footwork is clean but her shoulders are up the whole dance. I feel like she is just getting so much praise because she is with Derek “the god of all gods” according to the DWTS producers. I mean Derek could get paired with anyone and still win because he is Derek.
Fangirl’s Score: 7


Katie: I wasn't super blown away by this foxtrot but I think this was a great start to ballroom for Marilu. She looked great in frame and had great improvements in her musicality. The theme, however, was kind of boring. I don't remember a lot of the routine, unfortunately. I think that their tango next week will be great since Marilu has proven she does well in ballroom hold!
Katie’s Score: 7


Paul Bentley: I have never been a fan of the Taxi theme song at all, so the song unfortunately took the enjoyment of the dance away from me. But as for the Foxtrot, Marilu made a complete evolution from her unstable Jive last week. Every time she was in hold with Derek, she looked like a pro. I would even go as far as saying that it was some of the best content in hold from TV Night! However, I think that there was absolutely no connection between Marilu and Derek in terms of emotion. Marilu had superior technique, but I have begun to notice that she doesn’t necessarily bring all of her acting skills to the ballroom floor. Maybe it’s a nerves thing. I’m just glad to see Marilu improve in such a dramatic way!
Bentley’s Score: 8






Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke
Quickstep: The Muppet Show Theme by OK Go
TV Show Theme: The Muppet Show
The Judges’ Scores: 6, 6, 6, 6 (24/40)
#TeamCherloch 1(800)868-3411


Julia: I thought this was a cute number and a fun way to end the night but it was obvious Ryan was having trouble keeping up and was off time for much of the routine. I hope he can do better in the future but in order for him to do that the show needs to stop focusing on the drama surrounding him because I get the feeling he’s been kind of distracted by it.
Julia’s Score: 6


Fangirl: Quick note to the producers: Can you please stop mentioning the Ryan Lochte situation? It frustrates me because he came to DWTS to get away from all the drama and it is still constantly getting brought up. I mean let the guy dance in peace. I though he improved this week and I am very proud of him!
Fangirl's Score: 6


Katie: I applaud Ryan for not getting in his own head this week with everything that was going on. This quickstep definitely wasn't as disastrous as Rick and Emma's but he was struggling with the footwork and timing. His foxtrot seemed a lot cleaner than this weeks dance. Unfortunately, if Ryan doesn't improve next week I see him going home soon.
Katie’s Score: 7


Paul Bentley: Way to go, Ryan! I would be gosh darn nervous and embarrassed to dance after last week’s events, but he triumphed, thanks to all of the support from his many fans! Now, his Quickstep was a jumble of steps trying to catch up with Cheryl. I absolutely adored the goofy concept and I’m glad that it stayed mostly true to the basics. I think the speed was the biggest challenge for Ryan when comparing his clean Foxtrot to his jumpy and slightly out of control Quickstep. He was in perfect character, but he didn’t quite deliver his steps with the most accuracy and precision. I predict Ryan doing better in the future, but I don’t think it will be his breakout moment for a little while longer.
Bentley’s Score: 6






Week 2 Dance Rankings


Julia
1. Calvin & Lindsay
2. Laurie & Val
3. Terra & Sasha
4. Marilu & Derek
5. Maureen & Artem
6. Babyface & Allison
7. Jana & Gleb
8. James & Sharna
9. Vanilla Ice & Witney
10. Ryan & Cheryl
11. Amber & Maks
12. Jake & Jenna
13. Rick & Emma


Fangirl
1. Laurie & Val
2. James & Sharna
3. Terra & Sasha
4. Babyface & Allison
5. Calvin & Lindsay
7. Vanilla Ice & Witney
8. Marilu & Derek Jana & Gleb
9. Ryan & Cheryl
10. Maureen & Artem
11. Amber & Maks
12. Jake & Jenna
13. Rick & Emma


Katie
1. Laurie and Val
2. Terra and Sasha
3. Calvin and Lindsay
4. Jana and Gleb
5. Calvin and Lindsay
6. Babyface and Allison
7. Marilu and Derek
8. Vanilla Ice and Witney
9. Maureen and Artem
10. Ryan and Cheryl
11. Amber and Maks
12. Jake and Jenna
13. Rick and Emma


Paul Bentley
1. Laurie & Val
2. Terra & Sasha
3. Marilu & Derek
4. Babyface & Allison
5. James & Sharna
6. Calvin & Lindsay
7. Vanilla Ice & Witney
8. Jana & Gleb
9. Ryan & Cheryl
10. Maureen & Artem
11. Amber & Maks
12. Jake & Jenna
13. Rick & Emma






Predictions For Elimination


Julia: I was going to say Rick would likely be getting the boot next Tuesday but now that we know who the face-offs will be between and which style each group has I’m getting awfully worried for Maureen (and the fact that she hurt her back probably won’t help).


Fangirl: It is hard to tell but I think either Maureen or will go home next week.


Katie: Rick and Emma


Paul Bentley: Knowing that next week are the face offs, anything is possible. But, overall, I have a feeling as though Rick and Emma’s time is about to be cut short.




MVP (Most Valuable Pro) Choices for Week 2


Julia: Most of the celebrities improved this week and I give a lot of credit to the pros for that. I was most impressed at how Sasha Farber managed to put together a Quickstep that suited Terra so well!


Fangirl: Sasha Farber did an incredible job creating a Quickstep that worked for Terra. He showed what she can do vs what she can't and I just absolutely loved their routine.


Katie: Gotta hand it to Sasha Farber again this week for delivering an amazing quickstep full of content! They've both shown that they're the couple to watch this season. Can't wait to watch next week!


Paul Bentley: Sasha Farber showcased Terra in such a creative and innovative way that I wasn’t even sure could work out too well! He is by far the Most Valuable Pro of the week!


DWTS Terra Quickstep.jpg






Additional Comments


Paul Bentley: There was a lot of unexpected turnarounds from the couples this week, with tons of improvement from various spots on the leaderboard.


Julia: Monday’s show was the most enjoyable episode for me in a long time….but not looking forward to next week at all. I have a feeling the producers set things up this way just so they could manipulate things to their liking. I mean, SIX COUPLES completely safe for the week? Whaaaa?


Paul Bentley: The results show honestly could have been half the length and still feel a little drawn out. I did enjoy the pro performances on Tuesday, though! It’s nice to see some dancing from people have been perfecting the art for years now.


Julia: I wish we had more pro dances or fun behind-the-scenes moments shown instead of taking 45 minutes to do a recap during Tuesday’s episode. But I loved the ones we did get as well as the insight into some of the partnerships!




Follow Us on Twitter! (links)
Paul Bentley: @TheBentleyNinja
Julia Delbel: @juliadelbel
Fangirl: @24_7dwts
Katie Henry: @katiegotbandzz
Angelina Mikheeva: @angelinarose42
The DWTS 2016 Social Square (run by Paul Bentley): @DWTS2016






What did you think of TV Night on Dancing With the Stars? Which performance do you think matched the spirit of their represented TV show the most? What did you think of the performances on the special Tuesday results show of DWTS? What did you think of Jake and Jenna’s elimination? Who do you think is next to be eliminated?


Next week is another two-night event! Monday is the special Face Off Challenge! For the first time ever, in a jam-packed hour-long episode, the remaining couples will face off another couple on the dance floor with a selected dance style. Between the six sets of couples, the judges will determine one winner from each, making that couple safe! So, on Tuesday, the six remaining couples left in jeopardy will face elimination in another two hour results show, where one couple will come in twelfth place!




DWTS Jake Elimination.jpg


#DWTS #DWTS23

No comments:

Post a Comment