Thursday, May 21, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 10 (Finals)- Stats and Opinions

I loved the finals so much on Dancing With the Stars! Monday Night went by really quick, and Tuesday Night was really exciting! The scores were great, and I think all of the finalists deserved to win. Rumer and Val won, which marks Val's first ever Mirror Ball Trophy win- a golden one to be exact)! I will have a few more blogs about season 20 of Dancing With the Stars, including my final thoughts on the contestants and my favorite dances from the season. For the Summer, I will be tweeting about season seventeen of Big Brother (link below). I loved season 20, but I am already eager for season 21! :D

Thank you for following me on Twitter and reading my blogs for season twenty of Dancing With the Stars! I reached one thousand followers on my DWTS Twitter (link below), so thank you for that as well! Make sure you come back in September for my reviews and updates of season twenty-one of Dancing With the Stars! XD
Night One- Redo Dances

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess-Argentine Tango 3rd Place
Redo dance from Week 3 (Latin Night)
Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32) Lowest Redo Dance Score of the Night
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5605

This was a bit hard to watch, but this Argentine Tango was not terrible at all. It was not as bad as the scores gave in my opinion. He only made three slight mistakes, and he quickly got back on track. I can definitely see some improvements, especially in his stability and stature. I loved this dance when Noah and Sharna originally did it, and I loved it even better the second time.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Paso Doble 2nd Place
Redo dance from Week 5 (Disney Night)
He's a Pirate by Klaus Badelt
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT REDO DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

I gave Riker's original Paso Doble a ten, and I wish I could give this dance an eleven! I did not think at first that this dance had much room for improvement because it will so well-executed the first time. However, I was wrong. Riker was so much more stable, and brought even more energy without losing too much control. This is definitely one of my favorite dances of the season!

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Foxtrot WINNER
Redo dance from Week 1 (Pemiere)
Take Me to Church by Hozier
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT REDO DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

This was another dance that I thought was pretty much perfected the first time, but Rumer did even better the second time. He lines were more fluid, her frame was more natural, and her confidence was through the roof! This dance really shows why she has been a true contender on this season of Dancing With the Stars.

Night One- Freestyle Dances

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Freestyle 3rd Place
Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia/ Fix You by Coldplay
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FREESTYLE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5605

I did not think that any dance could be more emotional than Noah's contemporary routine from week four, but his vulnerability in this freestyle displayed emotion in a way that i have never seen before. The flip that he did on the floor was amazing, as well as the one-arm lift at the end. I loved the mash-up of these two emotional dances, and it fit Noah perfectly.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Freestyle Encore 2nd Place
I Won't Dance (Step Up 3D Remix) by Fred Astaire
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FREESTYLE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

This Freestyle was very jam-packed! I think that by watching it on TV, it made the performance look a little too indulgent, but I can tell what they were going for. If I was in studio, I would have probably been yelling and cheering for Riker and Allison just like everybody else. There were some great risks, and it clearly paid off because he got the encore on Tuesday!

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Freestyle WINNER
Toxic by Britney Spears
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FREESTYLE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

This pair has shown us their true talents for dancing, so I thought that it was refreshing to be exposed to their other talents. Rumer's voice was amazing, and the music as a whole really suited the theme of the dance. I loved the Argentine Tango feel of it, but I feel like it was a little bit safe, which might be why they did not win the encore. However, I thought that this dance was pure emotion and perfection.

Night 2- 24-Hour Fusion Dance Challenge

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Argentine Tango/ Cha Cha Fusion 3rd Place
Surrender by Cash Cash featuring Julia Michaels
Score: 9, 9, 9, 9 (36) Lowest Fusion Dance Score of the Night
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5605

I do admit that there could have been more content, but there was limited time to rehearse this (just like with everyone else). I think that because he is in such a unique situation, he has to  learn dances slower, causing his Fusion dance to seem a bit lack-luster. Overall, it was clean and proper, so I would give it a ten. I know that Noah and Sharna came in third, but I know that they have had an incredible time on the show. Although this season has come to an end, I really want to see Noah dance some more!

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Salsa/ Quickstep Fusion 2nd Place
Classic by MTKO
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FUSION DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

Although I thought that these two dance styles together would be a bit odd, I do think that this has been my favorite fusion dance ever on Dancing With the Stars! Riker and Allison's performance looked like they have been practicing that dance for weeks because of how clean and unique it was. Allison's choreography is really amazing, and Riker's style is very high-energy, so it is a perfect combination. I hope that Riker and Allison walk away from this competition with smiles on their faces because they should be proud of their incredible journey.

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Foxtrot/ Paso Doble Fusion WINNER
Big Jet Plane by Angus & Julia Stone
Score: 10. 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FUSION DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Both Rumer and Val are the best when doing ballroom dances, so I am glad that they got these two dances styles for the Fusion to end the season. I would have liked to have seen the styles blended with each other more, but there was very limited time for them to rehearse. I think that all of the finalists deserved to win, but I am glad that Rumer and Val won because they have shown a steady progression along with a great chemistry this entire season of Dancing With the Stars.







So what did you think of the Finals? What was your favorite performance? Who had the best Freestyle dance? Who do you want to see next season on Dancing With the Stars?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS2015 for more DWTS news and updates! Also, make sure you follow my NEW Twitter @BBSeason17 for updates on season 17 of Big Brother!

1 comment:

  1. I thought the Finals were jam packed, fast paced and intense! I couldn't believe how fast Monday went by! Tuesday was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. I just wish that they would have extended the time on Monday though. It would have been nice to have had the chance to hear what the judges had to say without being rushed through their comments. That was really annoying to me.

    My favorite performance was without a doubt Allison and Riker's Paso Doble! That was the absolute best Paso I have ever seen! I love Pirates of the Caribbean, the Paso is one of my favorite dances and Riker pulls off a pretty awesome Captain Jack! It was a triple win for me! :) In the words of Carrie Ann, "That was a beast of a Paso and you slayed it and you killed it... my favorite Paso ever! My favorite ever! Best Ever! Best best ever! I loved it!" I think if the show ever does another top 10 dances of all time episode again, this needs to be number 1! (The contemporary should be number 2!) Just saying. :)

    I also LOVED Allison and Riker's fusion. I was kind of leary about the combo but they really pulled it off. Hardly can believe that they learned that in 24 hours! Really? That lift was also so impressive because that really showed how much they improved from week one. Again, I was blown away. My favorite
    fusion ever. Gosh, I just love all their dances.

    Best freestlye? Allison & Riker. Enough said.

    Who would I like to see next season? Wow, that's a good question. Don't laugh now, but I think Nick Jonas would be a good choice. Maybe John Stamos. Or what about Faith Hill? I would love to see Katherine Heigl. Those are far out choices but one can wish. Should be more about stars that are lesser
    known. So many choices.

    ReplyDelete