Saturday, May 30, 2015

Final Thoughts on the DWTS 20 Couples

To be honest, I think that season 20 of Dancing With the Stars flew by, but it did not fly by as fast as some other seasons. It was a great season, but it was not my favorite (It might be my second or third favorite.) I do love the entire cast, and I really love a lot of the performances. Congratulations to Rumer and Val on their win for this season! I just can't wait for season 21 to come!

Here are some of my opinions on the couples this season. These are just my thoughts, and what I thought of their journeys. What did you think of the cast this season? XD

Redfoo and Emma Slater
 #TeamFooma (12th)
Favorite Dance: Jive (Week 2)

Although this pair couple was only on the show for two week, I do think that RedFoo made a huge improvement. He was actually very entertaining, and I wanted him to stay longer than he did. He seemed like he really wanted this. Emma was the perfect partner, of course, because she always has fun and crazy ideas. Even though these two left so early, I feel like they accomplished something on Dancing With the Stars.

Charlotte McKinney and Keoikantse Motsepe #TeamKeolette (11th)
Favorite Dance: Cha-Cha-Cha (Week 2)

There is a lot to talk about with this couple! In the three short weeks they were on the show, there has been a lot of controversies and discussions. First of all, I feel as though she held back a little bit, and could have done a little bit better if maybe there were not as many distractions as she had. She is a beautiful person, but she needed to translate that into dance, which did not work out so well. She did improve, and I think that Keo did do a good job with her. Overall, I was not surprised by her elimination at all.

Michael Sam and Peta Murgatroyd #TeamSambatroyd (10th)
Favorite Dance: Foxtrot (Week 2)

I'm so glad that Michael was able to make it to week four of the show. He seems like such a likable person, and he seems like a hard-worker as well. Unfortunately, he did not improve as much as well as others, but I am glad he was able to do the Most Memorable Year Night dance. Peta was such a fierce partner with him, but I feel like Michael had to hold back a bit because of him being used to being on a football field rather than a dance floor.

Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovilani #TeamTwosCompany (9th)
Favorite Dance: Foxtrot (Week 4)

I really don't have much to say about these two. I liked Suzanne on Three's Company, and she had some good weeks on DWTS. Some weeks were better than others, and I feel like Tony really made her shine. She was not bad, yet she was not a professional either. She was just not very talked about at all.

Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvintsev #TeamBelleArt (8th)
Favorite Dance: Jazz (Week 4)

Who doesn't love Patti LaBelle? Patti's great personality really showed through all of her dances, but I would like it if Artem gave her some more content with some of the dances. Although Patti was not the most technical, I do think that she was one of the most entertaining contestants this season. She really seemed thrilled to be on the show, I am glad that she was able to have this experience.

Willow Shields and Mark Ballas #TeamMarkingjay (7th)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Argentine Tango (Week 2), 2- Foxtrot (Week 5), 1Contemporary (Week 4)

This was the number one couple that I looked forward to each and every week on the show. Willow is only fourteen, but I always forget that when she performs. I think that Mark deserves an Emmy or something because his choreography was outstanding this season! He is by far my favorite choreographer on the show! Willow really brought something special to Dancing With the Stars, and I felt disappointed when she was eliminated week seven. I really hoped for her to make it to the finals, but her journey was amazing, so that was all that mattered! :D

Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson #TeamSharkaroo (6th)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Rumba (Week 3), 2- Foxtrot (Week 2), 1- Waltz (Week 4)

Alright, I do admit that I didn't want to get into the business of this couple's relationship, but they have perfect chemistry! I want them to get married so bad! XD Robert was charming the entire season, but I think he eventually reached a breaking point. I am glad, though, that he did it with a smile, and he was able to meet Kym. I'm glad that they made it as far as they did because they were really like a storybook on that dance floor.

Chris Soules and Witney Carson #TeamSoulShakers (5th)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Contemporary (Week 8), 2- Viennese Waltz (Week 6), 1- Jive (Week 1)

I'm not going to lie- this was an odd pairing. I do not think that these two matched each other well, and that might be one of the many reasons why Chris struggled through this competition. He did improve, but he did not improve as much as I would like him to. I feel as though Witney should have focused on both quantity and quality for Chris, because both seemed to lack for me. Overall. Chris did the best that he could, and I cannot complain about that.

Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough #TeamHoughkin (4th)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Tango (Week 6), 2- Paso Doble (Week 8), 3- Charleston (Week 7)

Nastia is amazing! She handled the situations with the switching between partners very well. I think that the judges were harsh on her, but she eventually had a breakthrough week. That being said, I feel as though I could not connect with her until the later weeks of competition. I was not shocked by her elimination, but I would have loved to see a freestyle from her. She is a phenomenal dancer, so I would like to have seen Derek's creative choreography for it. I really wish there was a four-person finale!

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess #TeamShway (3rd)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Argentine Tango (Week 3), 2- Paso Doble (Week 9), 3- Viennese Waltz (Week 9)

From episode one, I fell in love with this couple. Even with one arm and one leg, he did some incredible things on the show. Sharna really progressed well with him this season on expanding their opportunities for choreography. To me, I think that he was constantly underscored. I would have at least wanted explanations for the low marks that the judges gave him. However, I can't complain about how he made it to the finals. He is truly my hero! :D

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker #TeamRallison (2nd)
Top 3 Dances: 3- Paso Doble (Week 10), 2- Argentine Tango (Week 9), 1- Quickstep (Week 7)

This was by far the most energetic and entertaining duo of the season! I really underestimated both Riker and Allison this season, but they proved me wrong! Sure, there was a week or two when I feel as though they did not do their best, but that was foreshadowed by all of their other amazing performances that made me want to be inside of my TV when they were live. I do, deep down inside, wish that they would have won the Mirror Ball Trophy.

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy #TeamValenRue (1st) WINNERS!
Top 3 Dances: 3- Rumba (Week 8), 2- Freestyle (Week 10), 1- Samba (Week 5)

The winners of season 20 of Dancing With the Stars absolutely deserved that Mirror Ball! Rumer is so sexy on that dance floor! Val really pushed her hard, and Rumer did not slow down one bit! She, like Rikerm had a few weeks that were not her best, but she did really amazing overall. Some of the performances seemed a little repetitive, but they were done with perfection. I am no upset that these two won the trophy at all! I am also really glad that Val's ever first Mirror Ball was a gold one! XD


Well, those are my opinions! What did you think of this season of Dancing With the Stars?



Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS2015 for more DWTS news and updates! Also, make sure you follow my NEW Twitter @BBSeason17 for updates on season 17 of Big Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment