Saturday, May 16, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 9 (Judges' Choice Night)- Stats and Opinions

I can't believe that the finals are next week! This night had so many great performances, but my favorite part was the Judges' Choice round! All of these contestants deserve to win the Mirror Ball Trophy, but unfortunately, only one of them can win. It's too bad that Nastia was eliminated, but it has seemed like she has not gotten as many votes as the other semifinalists lately. The finals is sure to impress, and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table!


Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Viennese Waltz

Earned It by The Weekend
Score: 10, 9, 9 10 (38)
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Fifty Shades of Gray is theme that I am not too fond of, but I loved this Viennese Waltz. It was clean and flowy, and had some pretty nice turns. As always, the emotion was there. I'm glad that the theme did not take over the dance, and I'm also happy that they got the score that they received.

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Viennese Waltz
The Time of My Life by David Cook
Score: 9, 9, 9, 9 (36) Lowest Scored First Dance of the Night
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5605

This is what makes Dancing With the Stars really special. This was the perfect dance for Noah to do before he proposed to his girlfriend! XD As for the dance, the choreography was creative as usual. My favorite part was when Noah and Sharna went up the steps with their legs kicking out. The way that Sharna planned for them to go up and down the steps was genius! Noah's technique has improve tremendously as well since his Tango from last week.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Contemporary
Work Song by Hoizer
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FIRST DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

This is the moment that many Riker and Allison fans have been waiting for! Contemporary is Allison's forte, and it seems to be Riker's as well! Riker has truly proved himself as a dancer, considering that he matched with Allison's amazing emotion and technique. I feel as though that this is the couple to beat this season! However, it could be anybody!

Nastia Liukin and Sasha Farber- Quickstep Eliminated- 4th
Feelin' Good by Christina Grimmie
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT FIRST DANCE SCORE
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5604

This, to me, feels like the first time that Nastia, or Anastasia (I love that name!), let go and actually had fun without a care in the world! It is unfortunate that she was eliminated, but this was a great night for her to end it on (especially after the Judge's Choice Dance)! However, I would have preferred closer body contact at certain points.Overall, this Quickstep was superb!

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Contemporary
Judge's Choice: Bruno Tonioli
Theme From Swan Lake, Op. 20 by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Score: 10, 10, 10 (30) PERFECT JUDGE'S CHOICE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Wow. I have no clue what to say about this. This was definitely "out there", but so is Bruno's mind. :P I did like it, though. This was an interesting take on Contemporary (or Contemporary Fusion), which made me intrigued by the entire number. The fusion of dance styles such as Viennese Waltz and Ballet really made this dance stand out. Also, that form that Rumer had was astonishing! Amazing job!

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Paso Doble
Judge's Choice: Carrie Ann Inaba
Unstoppable by E.S. Posthumus
Score: 10, 10, 10 (30) PERFECT JUDGE'S CHOICE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5605

Noah finally let go and concurred that dance! I am so proud of Noah! He went from zero to hero, and did it power and emotion! Carrie Ann Inaba sure shaped Noah into a force to be reckoned with in the finals! The concept was great, and the intensity was through the roof! I am so glad that Noah and Sharna have made it to the finals to perform their Freestyle routine!

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Argentine Tango
Judge's Choice: Julianne Hough
Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven
Score: 10, 10, 10 (30) PERFECT JUDGE'S CHOICE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

I'm just going to say it now- this is my favorite dance of the season so far! Riker owned both of those pros, and kept a perfect stature the entire time! I love the implement of Julianne, and I am glad that she gave Allison the spotlight as well. The music was intense, and all three of them matched to the feeling of the tune. By the way, Allison was pretty suave when she dropped that hat- she didn't miss a beat!

Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough- Viennese Waltz Eliminated- 4th
Judge's Choice: Len Goodman
Fall For You by Leela James
Score: 10, 10, 10 (30) PERFECT JUDGE'S CHOICE DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5604

Len's story was so touching. I'm glad that he was able to dance with Nastia at the end despite his body giving up on him. Since this was the end of the road for Nastia and Derek being contestants, and almost the end of the road for Len being a judge on this show, this was perfect for all of them! Nastia was complete perfection. This was definitely the most emotional and best technical dance of the night!



So what did you think of the Semifinals? What was your favorite performance? Who had the best Judge's Choice dance? Who do you think will win the Mirror Ball Trophy?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment