Saturday, May 9, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 8 (America's Choice Night)- Stats and Opinions

Wow, this was a jam-packed night of Dancing With the Stars! America's Choice is a generic theme, but I liked it. I also enjoyed the trios round, and I found some of the match-ups to be interesting. The two eliminations on Tuesday were not shocking, but it is always sad to see someone go. I loved all of the performances on Tuesday night, but my favorite part was Dance Center. That segment always makes me laugh!

Noah Golloway and Sharna Burgess- Tango
Geronimo by Sheppard
Score: 8, 7, 8, 8 (31) Lowest Pair Dance Score of the Night
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5605

America had some great ideas for America's Choice Night, and the white theme was one of my favorites of the night. The tango itself was great, and there was actually a lot of good technique. The hold and posture were superb, but his connection with Sharna and rotations were a little off. Overall, I enjoyed this dance for what it was.

Chris Soules and Witney Carson- Contemporary Eliminated- 5th
Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
Score: 9, 8, 9, 8 (34)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5602

This was by far Chris's best dance. The entire setup with the candles was the perfect setting for this story. The lifts were nailed, but a lot of other content was not. His technique was poor, having lazy hands and feet. He lacked a bit of passion, but I see what he was going for.Throughout Chris's highs and lows, I do think that this was a great piece to end with for this couple.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Viennese Waltz
What Now by Rihanna
Score: 10, 9, 10, 10 (39)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5608

The energy and emotion was fierce for this Viennese Waltz. Although I do absolutely love this as a performance, I have a few comments about the dance itself. I was not a fan of how little hold there was, along with the entire piece having reverse movements. I was also not a big fan of his hands as well. However, I do think that this was one of the most memorable performances of the night due to its intensity and powerful expressions.

Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson- Contemporary Eliminated- 6th
 Champagne Kisses by Jessie Ware
Score: 8, 8, 9, 8 (33)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5609

I'm sure a lot of people loved that kiss in this dance! XD I do have to admit that the technique was very poorly executed, but he actually had a lot of passion. . . for obvious reasons! This, to me, was the perfect ending for this couple, and I am glad that they made it this far!

Nastia Liukin and Sasha Farber- Paso Doble
Centuries by Fall Out Boy
Score: 9, 9, 9, 9 (36)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5604

One word- AMAZING! The whole entire concept was so creative, and Derek's part was the cherry on top of this performance. That flip at the end was INCREDIBLE! The Paso Doble was brilliant, even though it was a bit robotic and lacked content. Nastia dominated over Sasha, and acted as an amazing warrior.

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Rumba
Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps by Doris Day
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT PAIR DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

This was when the show really heated up! The song made the Rumba seem a bit choppy, but Val's choreography really made it work. Three words- HOT HOT HOT! Every movement was made with perfection, and she connected with Val really well. This was well-deserved to be the first perfect score of the season!

TRIOS


Noah Galloway, Sharna Burgess, and Emma Slater- Salsa
Mr. Put It Down by Ricky Martin featuring Pitbull
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5605

This was so underscored! Not only is a Salsa for three people hard to do, but a Salsa trio with Noah's unique circumstances is extremely difficult as well. I do not understand why the judges gave anything less than a nine because those lines were rhythmic and fluid. I did see the slight mess-up of the lift with Emma, but I can overlook that. I was worried that Noah would be eliminated, and I am so glad that he will stick around for another week!

Chris Soules, Witney Carson, and Lindsay Arnold- Paso Doble Eliminated- 5th
Outside by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding
Score: 7, 7, 8, 8 (30)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5602

Well Chris is definitely a sharp dancer. However, I could tell that he was thinking about and anticipating his steps with Witney and Lindsay. Once again, as consistent throughout all of his dances, his arms were not up to par. Although he had some good performances on Monday, I think that it was finally his time to go. I just hope that he enjoyed his entire experience from the show despite all of the lows that he had this season,

Riker Lynch, Allison Holker, and Brittany Cherry- Jazz
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) by Fergie, Q-Tip, and GoonRock
Score: 10, 9, 10, 10 (39)
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

This Jazz routine was so explosive that it made me want to jump into my TV screen and dance with them! This performance was perfect for both Riker and Allison- even Brittany for that matter. I think that the reason why Len gave a nine was because it did not seem like his cup of tea, and wanted more of a traditional jazz routine. Whatever, Len. A thirty-nine out of forty is good enough to me!

Robert Herjavec, Kym Johnson, and Jenna Johnson- Samba Eliminated- 6th
Cinema Italiano by Kate Hudson
Score: 7, 7, 8, 7 (29) Lowest Trio Dance Score of the Night
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5609

Robert is so suave, and I think that Kym and Jenna did a good job handling him this week. Of course, the Latin dances are not his strong point, but I can tell that he always has fun no matter what. He did mess-up a few times, but the whole sexiness of Kym and Jenna had me distracted. :D Ultimately, I love Robert and Kym, and I hope that they continue this amazing relationship that they have with each other!

Nastia Liukin, Sasha Farber, and Derek Hough- Jive
Diane Young by Vampire Weekend
Score: 10101010 (40) PERFECT TRIO DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5604

So what do you do in a Jive trio when one of the pros has two injuries? This. This was yet another creative routine from Derek, which he is really good at. I love the entire set along with the transitions of Nastia going between Sasha and Derek. Nastia has two counts that could have been a bit cleaner and "peppy", but that that was barely anything to me. Nothing is ever perfect, so I overlooked that. This Jive was just overall fantastic!

Rumer Willis, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, and Artem Chigvintsev- Paso Doble Encore
Scott & Fran's Paso Doble by David Hirschfelder and The Bogo Pogo Orchestra
Score: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40) PERFECT TRIO DANCE SCORE
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Once again, Rumer was hot! I didn't even look at Val and Artem because I was so focused on Rumer's intensity! Rumer has truly progressed, and she is no doubt a force to be reckoned with! I have a strong feeling that she could possibly be the one bringing that golden mirror ball trophy home, and the other semi-finalists she watch out for her! The Paso Doble was sharp and strong, and it was refreshing to see this from her. Rumer was on fire on Monday!



So what did you think of America's Choice Night? What was your favorite performance? Who had the best trio dance? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment