Tuesday, April 28, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 7 (Eras Night)- Stats and Opinions

I love Eras Night on Dancing With the Stars! I love how the audience got to time travel throughout the show from the past to the future, along with the troupe bumpers. There was some creative choreography, and some new improvements as well. The dance battles were fun, and it was cool to see the transformations that the couples have made on the show. However, at the end of the show, I was really sad and surprised when Willow was eliminated. She wanted this so bad, and she was very upset when she found out that she was the one leaving the show. I hope that Willow takes this experience so she can learn from it, and remember all of the good times that she had with Mark.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- 1920s Quickstep
Wiggle by Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg
Score: 9, 10, 9, 9 (37)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5608

Yay! First ever ten from Len this season! I love the whole concept to this dance, and there was a whole lot of content in it! The twenties is an awesome era, and Riker and Rumer did it justice. Riker was a little stiff, and his elbow was a bit too bent, but I can forgive that. I even love the tap part at the end, along with this amazing variation of a Jason Derulo song!

Chris Soules and Witney Carson- 1940s Foxtrot 
Five Minutes More by Frank Sinatra
Score: 8, 7, 8, 8 (31) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5602

I have to admit that Chris is definitely improving. He is more confident, but, like Carrie Ann said in week two, Chris was too casual. He really needed to improve his entire stature. It just seems like Chris does not enjoy his time on the show, and does not want to be on the show as bad as some of the other contestants. I would be concerned about his safety next week for the double elimination, but his fans proved multiple times that they can fight for him to stay on the show.

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- 1960s Jive
Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor
Score: 8, 9, 9, 9 (35)
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Rumer nailed every step that she made! The judges said how this performance was "safe", but I did not see that at all. There was a lot of jive content, and Rumer improved her timing from weeks before. In my unpopular opinion, I actually like the tempo that they danced to because it matched the song and decade. Rumer is absolutely a trooper to keep dancing even with a neck injury, but I am worried about her safety for next week.

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- 1970s Jazz
Super Bad by James Brown
Score: 10, 8, 9, 9 (36)
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5605

This is what I am talking about! I wanted to see this from Noah a few weeks ago, and we finally got this leading man who can move like nobody's business! He has improved a lot when it comes to both musicality and facial expressions. I hope we see more like this from Noah because that was truly a transformation! He has that cool seventies vibes, so I can't wait to see what he can do with a totally different dance.

Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson- 1980s Argentine Tango
Word Up! by Cameo
Score: 7, 8, 8, 8 (31) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5609

I love how Robert and Kym can channel their chemistry with each other in so many different ways. They worked well together, but Robert was very hesitant with some of the lifts and leg movements that he did. That, to me, made it look awkward. Not only that, but that turn on the table that Kym did seemed awkward as well. I hope that this couple can survive next week's elimination, but I am not too sure about that.

Nastia Liukin and Sasha Farber- Modern Charleston Immune From Elimination
Honey, I'm Good by Andy Grammer
Score: 10, 9, 9, 10 (38) Highest Score of the Night
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5604

I love how even though Derek could not perform, he still became a part of this routine. For the dance, I wondered to myself what a modern Charleston could be. When I saw this, my confusion went completely away. The usage of the subway, Andy Grammar song, and blurry special effects mad this dance truly unique. I would have liked to seen more Charleston, but I know that Nastia could do it anyway. I actually really liked how she connected to the audience differently this time, even if that means to have less Charleston content.

Willow Shields and Mark Ballas- Futuristic Jazz Eliminated- 7th
Electric Feel by MGMT
Score: 9, 9, 9, 10 (37)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5612

This was very interesting. The setting, the concept, and the ropes were all amazing. I do feel like some of the movements did not transfer to TV well, though. It had a lot of content, but Willow was behind for a large portion of the dance. It was shocking and sad to see Willow go, because I know that they still had plenty to offer to the audience. I'm just glad that Willow was paired with Mark because he truly made this an unforgettable experience with her.

DANCE BATTLES

Riker and Allison vs Willow and Mark- Salsa
Temperature by Sean Paul
Votes: Willow, Willow, Willow, Willow (Willow)
My Vote: Willow
Willow and Mark- +2 Points

Riker and Allison had a youthful and modern twist on the Salsa, while Willow and Mark had more of a cheeky and technical interpretation of the dance. The music did not really match either of their personalities, but they transferred the energy on the dance floor well. I prefer Willow's over Riker's because she nailed more of the traditional content. Ultimately, both pairs were fantastic.

Noah and Sharna vs Robert and Kym- Cha Cha
Dance With Me by Kelly Clarkson
Votes: Robert, Noah, Noah, Robert (Noah)- Len was the deciding vote
My Vote: Robert
Noah and Sharna- +2 Points

Noah and Robert were both okay in my eyes. Noah had limited Cha-Cha-Cha action, while Robert was a bit sloppy and inaccurate with his lines. I prefer Robert;s dance over Noah's just because of the fact that he had more content. This one was a close one for me, and either one could have won the two extra points.

Rumer and Valentin vs Chris and Witney- Foxtrot
Orange Colored Sky by Nat King Cole
Votes: Rumer, Rumer, Rumer, Rumer (Rumer)
My Vote: Rumer
Rumer and Valentin- +2 Points

This one is really clear to me who won. Rumer had so much content with a pleasant glide to it, and Chris framed Witney well. Overall, Rumer and Val were much more clean than Chris and Witney. It was fun to watch, but Chris was the obvious weak link in this dance battle.





So what did you think of Eras Night? What was your favorite performance? Who did the best in the dance battles? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment