Saturday, April 4, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 3 (Latin Night)- Stats and Opinions

I've come to the conclusion that Latin night always has drama! Season 18's Latin Night was filled wth drama, just like this season's. The middle of the show had some low energy to me, but it was a fun night overall. This is the part of the season where people start to break out of their shells and the audience finds out who they truly are! I just can't wait for next week because the audience will be able to see more of who the contestants are in Most Memorabale Year Night. I am just not sure who will be eliminated, though.

Rumer Wills and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Salsa
Turn the Beat Around by Gloria Estefan
Score: 8, 9, 8, 8 (33)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5610

What a way to start off the night! I loved the mix-up of Disco and Salsa, even though I would have liked some more Salsa content. She was on point throughout, and looked like a pro in front of the troupe members. The lifts were great, and it was overall flawless. This Salsa was tied for my favorite dance of the night!


Charlotte McKinney and Keoikantse Motsepe- Rumba Eliminated- 11th

Empire by Shakira
Score: 6, 5, 5, 6 (22) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 5
1-855-234-5601

I'm going to be honest; I cringed a lot throughout her video package, dance, and judges' comments. Her rehearsal footage really did not showcase Charlotte well, and her Rumba was really poorly done. I did like her drags, though. Her comments from the judges were also cringe-worthy, and it was probably her worst night on Dancing With the Stars. I love how Charlotte had such a positive attitude about this, but it was time for her to go. Her elimination was not very shocking.


Michael Sam and Peta Murgatroyd- Salsa

Celebrate by Pitbull
Score: 6, 6, 6, 6 (24)
My Score: 6
1-855-234-5602

This was another dance that was hard to watch. Don't get me wrong, I loved the energy of the dance, but it was not delivered very well. The lifts seemed to be very careful, but that is for obvious reasons. Once again, his footwork was not on point, and it was very obvious. I do think that Michael is in the red zone for next week's elimination, which is disappointing because he has so much potential.


Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Salsa

Limbo by Daddy Yankee
Score: 9, 7, 9, 9 (34) Highest Score of the Night
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5608

The entire production for this dance was wonderful. Riker's footwork was insane! I do agree with Carrie Ann's comment about Riker needing to be more "manly" in his dance, but he had so much power that it does not even matter that much to me. I do think that Riker should stay focused on himself, and not worry about what others are doing. Overall, this was a fun and technical routine.


Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovilani- Samba

Copacabana by Barry Manilow
Score: 6, 6, 6, 7 (25)
My Score: 6
1-855-234-5611

I know that this was not very technical, and that is obvious. I love how Suzanne is not taking this seriously, but I would love to see a more steps from her. I want a dance like her Jive, which had a lot of content. I think that Suzanne is actually better with the fast-paced dances because it puts less of a focused on her placement on shifts from move to move. Whatever. . . the fruit hat was pretty cool.


Chris Soules and Witney Carson- Argentine Tango

Dangerous by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5602

I'm glad that Witney cut down the choreography for Chris, considering last week's Cha Cha was a little bit of a mess. There could have been more content, but he did well with what he had to do. He framed Witney really well, and had some sharp lines. I do, however, want to see more from Chris.

Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson- Rumba

How Long Will I Love You? by Ellie Golding
Score: 7, 7, 8, 7 (29)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5609

Once again, Robert and Kym's chemistry was amazing. Robert's extensions were decent, and his overall performance was not bad at all. I do think that his back might have affected his stance because his body did not seem very flexible. The passion was there, which is what the Rumba is all about. Since this couple is so connected, I think that Robert and Kym will go far in the competition.

Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvintsev- Cha Cha

Oye 2014 by Santana featuring Pitbull
Score: 6, 5, 5, 6 (22) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 5
1-855-234-5606

Just like last week, Patti did more of a performance than an actual technical routine. I actually really liked this Cha Cha, considering what she is limited in what she is able to do. I really hope she can actually do the steps for her next dance better because even though I love her zany routines, I want to see more from her. Oh, by the way, that baggage carrier part was hilarious!

Willow Shields and Mark Ballas- Paso Doble

Haniman by Rodrigo y Gabriella with John Tempesta
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5612

Mark impressed me once again with his amazing choreography! He is really making this season of Dancing With the Stars a memorable one. I love the whole concept of "Fire vs. Ice", and it was delivered really well. Willow was strong, but not as strong as Mark. I agree with the judges about how she could improve her core, but she is improving so much from week to week. Willow is slowly becoming a dancer!

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Argentine Tango

Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne
Score: 7, 7, 8, 8 (30)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5605

First of all, I would like to say that this couple was way underscored! This dance really showcased Noah's true abilities, and how much he can really improve. The lifts were spectacular, and his musicality is rapidly progressing. Along with Rumer's Salsa, this was my favorite dance of the night! I really don't understand the sevens, but I like how every judge has different opinions for each dance. I am so excited for what Noah and Sharna will bring for next week on Dancing With the Stars!

Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough- Samba

Chillando Goma by Fulanito
Score: 9, 8, 9, 8 (34) Highest Score of the Night
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5604

I can really tell that Nastia has been a lot of work in this dance, considering that she had to alternate dancing between Henry and Derek. The routine was almost perfection in my eyes! I feel like she needs to let loose a little more, and create more fluent movements. That is just knit-picking, though. Nastia had the most "Latin heat" in my opinion.



So what did you think of Latin Night? What was your favorite performance? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment