Thursday, April 16, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 5 (Disney Night)- Stats and Opinions

Week five of Dancing With the Stars season 20 was Disney Night, and it was probably my favorite night of the season so far. The opening, the celebrity performances, and the troupe bumpers were all so happy and joyful. I felt the magic through my TV! I loved most of the animation, and the opening was fun as well. Suzanne was eliminated at the end of the show, but she accomplished a lot, so I feel like she is content with her departure.

Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovilani- Foxtrot Eliminated- 9th
He's a Tramp from 'Lady and the Tramp'
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 6
1-855-234-5611

It was a mellow start to the night, but this jazz routine was okay. Sure, she seemed like she forgot some of the movements, but she did what she did well. I liked the beginning part with the animation, but the middle part became a little slow.It's too bad that she had that stumble, because it really threw her off. Although she got it eliminated, it seemed to be okay with her, especially with her meltdown during rehearsals.

Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson- Quickstep
Step in Time from 'Mary Poppins'
Score: 6, 6, 6, 6 (24) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5609

It is so unfortunate that Robert messed up on this! This dance had some real potential, but it was cringe-worthy due to the timing issues. I'm glad that Robert did not take the score or the dance itself too seriously, because it really helped the energy and cheekiness of the routine. For what the dance was, it was actually executed really well, though.

Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvinstev- Waltz
When You Wish Upon a Star from 'Pinocchio'
Score: 7, 6, 7, 7 (27)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5606

Considering Patti has an injury, there was actually quite a bit of Waltz content in the dance. Sure, it was simple, but for a "simple" routine, it had quite a bit of steps. This, to me, was one of Patti's best dances, and I am glad that she was safe this week. I just have little hope that she will survive the double elimination week seven. As a side note, I felt as though the animation could have been a lot more, and it was not really necessary or impactful to me.

Willow Shields and Mark Ballas- Foxtrot
Alice's Theme from 'Alice in Wonderland'
Score: 8, 8, 9, 9 (34)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5612

What else can I say?! I have said week after week, repeating myself about the amazing productions that Willow and Mark always have. This Foxtrot really took it to the next level. However, the technicality was not really smooth. Along with that, Willow's arms and hands did not completely extend, and some of her movements were not really fluid. The score does seem a little low, but I guess that they have some room to improve. By the way, Mark's costume is probably one of my favorite costumes ever on Dancing With the Stars!

Chris Soules and Witney Carson- Quickstep
Zero to Hero from 'Hercules'
Score: 7, 6, 7, 7 (27)
My Score: 6
1-855-234-5602

Before I write about the dance, I want to write about the judges. So, Chris and Witney had both a lift and a break in hold, yet the judges did not call any of that out. I feel like the judges are becoming more and more inconsistent with their comments. Well, whatever. I thought that this Quickstep was a slight improvement from last week, but it was not anything special. I think that the animation was a waste, because it was barley even used to recognize what was going on. I also was not a fan of the costume, but it was an overall improvement, considering he had an injury.

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Foxtrot
A Whole New World from 'Aladdin'
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5605

I feel as though this dance was choreographed a bit detached. The magic carpet was cool, but when Noah got off of it, and when he went down the steps, it took a lot of time from the actual Foxtrot. When they did actual Foxtrot content, it was great. The frame was good, and it was somewhat fluid. I also feel as though I need to say that Sharna looked awesome as Princess Jasmine! Noah was not a bad Aladdin, either.

Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Paso Doble
He's a Pirate from 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Cure of the Black Pearl'
Score: 10, 9, 9, 10 (38)
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5608

I love how powerful this couple is! Every line was perfect! I practically did not even notice the troop because of how focused I was on Riker and Allison. Riker literally looked like Captain Jack Sparrow! The costume department is really awesome on this show, and I love how detailed they are. What else is there to say? I loved this!

Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Samba
Poor Unfortunate Souls from 'The Little Mermaid'
Score: 10, 9, 10, 10 (39) Highest Score of the Night
My Score: 10
1-855-234-5610

Alright, I'm gonna say it. . . This was by far my favorite performance of the night! Not only was the production and costumes amazing (just like all of the other dances), the samba content was through the roof! As always, Rumer nailed it, especially with her acting. I'm so glad that there was a lot of content because there were a lot of "exceptions" with certain content rules throughout the night. Ultimately, Rumer is an awesome Ursala!

Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough- Jazz
Love is an Open Door from 'Frozen'
Score: 9, 9, 10, 10 (38)
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5604

I liked this dance, but as a Broadway routine. Nastia is capable of so much more, and the dance did not represent her true abilities. However, I found this very entertaining, especially with the dancing Olaf! Once again, there was inconsistent judging, because Carrie Ann called out the lip syncing for this dance, but not for Rumer's samba. I don't care, though. The scores seemed fair enough to me.




So what did you think of Disney Night? What was your favorite performance? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?

Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment