Wednesday, March 25, 2015

DWTS 20 Week 2 (My Jam Monday)- Stats and Opinions

It was My Jam Monday on Dancing With the Stars, and I liked it more than My Jam Monday last season. The show started off slow, but the energy was building up until the end. I saw a lot of improvements this week, and I noticed how everyone is in it to it! That is one of the many reasons why I like this season's cast.

Chris Soules and Witney Carson- Cha Cha

Time of Our Lives by Pitbull and Ne-Yo
Score: 5, 6, 5, 5 (21) Lowest Score of the Night
My Score: 6
1-855-234-5602

Although this dance was not very clean, I think that Chris still has a lot of potential. I think that Chris was underscored, probably because he was the first one to dance on Monday. There was a lot of content, and I think that he did really well with what he was given with the time frame that he had, I am very worried, however, with his safety next week because of him having such a lower score than everyone else. Just remember that this show is about the votes as well!


Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovilani- Jive

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On by Jerry Lee Lewis
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5611

Suzanne killed it! She was on beat, had bounce in her step, and did everything with a smile! What more is there to say? She improved so much, and she looked much more comfortable this week as well. I love how she demonstrates that age is just a number, and she truly represented that in this jive.


Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson- Foxtrot

You Make Me Feel So Young by Michael Bublé
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5609

Once again, I love the chemistry between Robert and Kym. They make the dance floor filled with so much fun! I also want to give a shout out to the people who work behind the scenes on the show, because the set and the costumes were gorgeous! Everything about this performance made me smile! 


Charlotte McKinney and Keoikantse Motsepe- Cha Cha

California Gurls by Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg
Score: 7, 6, 7, 6 (26)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5601

I love Charlotte's attitude so much. She handled those haters really well! As for the Cha Cha, I wanted to see more confidence in her. Her steps seemed very light, and her torso was a little stiff. However, the performance (including the lobsters), really brought some much needed energy to the stage. I was actually happily surprised that Charlotte was safe this week because of what the haters said, and the lack of a fan base she seemed to have. She and Keo look like they really want this, and I am so happy that they can rub their safety in the haters' faces --even though they are much more humble than that.


Michael Sam and Peta Murgatroyd- Foxtrot

Working My Way Back to You by The Spinners
Score: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5603

In the package before his dance, Michael was described as not being focused throughout the week. I did not see that at all on the dance floor! He improved so much this week, and cleaned up on the things he did poorly in week one. His hold could have been more loose, and his butt could have been tucked in more, but I'm sure he will work on that, Ultimately, this Michael Sam pleasantly surprised me again!


Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy- Cha Cha

Rumour Has It by Adele
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5610

Rumer owned that stage, and dominated over Val, Henry, and Alan (which is very hard to do)! I really appreciate that Val did not put in any fluff, and really showed Rumer's true talent. It is definitely no rumour that Rumer can dance, but there was one small section where her timing was off. However, that is just knit-picking, :D


Redfoo and Emma Slater- Jive Eliminated- 12th

My Sharona by The Knack
Score: 8, 7, 8, 8 (31)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5607

Redfoo improved a lot this week, and I mean a lot. It seems as though his low score last week motivated him to dominate this jive to his favorite jam. I do think that his score was a little high, but that doesn't matter to me. It was sad to seem go, and I wanted to see more of a journey with him. This elimination really shows that the audience has to vote, because this elimination was determined by less than a tenth of a percent of a vote!


Willow Shields and Mark Ballas- Argentine Tango

Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32)
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5612

This was my favorite performance of the night hands down! Mark is so creative, and Willow really helped represent the refreshing and intriguing theme that Mark wanted to present. I love the Argentine Tango, and Willow really did justice to it. One thing that I do have to say is that Willow has to rely on Mark a little less because she was a tad bit weaker on the side-by-side movements, Once again, I really have to give props to the people behind the scenes of Dancing With the Stars because those costumes were incredible!


Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess- Samba

Homegrown Honey by Darius Rucker
Score: 7, 6, 7, 7 (27)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5605

I take back what I said last week about Noah not having a natural rhythm. This Samba really showcased Noah's musicality, and opened the audience's eyes to his incredible capabilities. I found it so sweet that he dedicated this to his girlfriend in training, and I found it even sweeter when she showed up after he received his scores! Noah looked so happy, and I am so happy for him.


Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough- Rumba

Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
Score: 9, 8, 8, 9 (34) Highest Score of the Night
My Score: 9
1-855-234-5604

This is what I call a Rumba! All my favorite things about the Rumba was showcased in this beautiful performance. Unlike last week's foxtrot, I feel as though this showed Nastia's side of technicality, rather than just flexibility. I do agree with the judges that there needs to be a stronger connection, so I hope that I see that in future weeks. 


Riker Lynch and Allison Holker- Foxtrot

Sugar by Maroon 5
Score: 8, 8, 8, 8
My Score: 8
1-855-234-5608

I love how Allison always puts her own personal twists in traditional dance styles, and I appreciate that she does not go overboard with it. I really like this side of Riker that was showcased, and I also like the fact that he is willing to do whatever Allison suggests to him.


Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvinstev- Salsa

In da Club by 50 Cent
Score; 7, 7, 7, 7 (28)
My Score: 7
1-855-234-5606

I don't even know what to say! Patti really has swagger, and she is not afraid to show it! Was this a very technical Salsa? No. But who cares?! Patti really made me a big fan of her with her personality, along with her "let's do it" attitude. I really think that she can branch off from this, and give us a really impressive performance in the future!



So what did you think of everyone on My Jam Monday? What was your favorite performance? Who do you think will be eliminated next week?


Make sure you follow me on Twitter @DWTS20 for more DWTS news and updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment