Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cheesy Free Verse Dance Poem- @DWTS2016

Life's a Dance
P. Bentley

My head wants a Salsa,
by my heart wants a Waltz.

Sometimes I want my life to be a Foxtrot,
but then it ends up being a Quickstep.

There is always envy for the perfect Rumba,
although it's better to start with some Jazz.

Whenever it seems like everything is a Paso Doble,
it's important to remember that there will soon be a Samba.

There are times when all of the attention is on the Cha-Cha-Cha,
without a simple notice for the Argentine Tango.

It's important to experience a Jive,
but it's just as important to have some Contemporary.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the Viennese Waltz,
after having a whole lot of Charleston.

So even if it means I am stuck in a Tango,
there is always the assurance of an amazing Freestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment