Friday, January 1, 2016

YOUR Top 10 Dances From DWTS 21

The votes are in! I asked you guys on Twitter (@DWTS2016) what your favorite performances were on this previous season on Dancing With the Stars, and I have tallied up the votes. I made a list of the top ten performances of DWTS season 21 chosen by YOU. And, surprisingly enough, there was a three-way tie for both tenth place and sixth place. Here are the results:


10 (Three-Way Tie)
  • Team Nightmare's Freestyle (Nick, Tamar, Andy, Hayes) People raved all over social media about Team Nightmare, claiming that it was the best team dance ever on the show. And, come to think of it, I actually agree with that! I love the Allison feel of this performance with the strong influences of Val. Everyone came together for a cohesive dance in which everyone was a unique piece to the puzzle.
  • Nick and Sharna's Contemporary This dance was absolutely touching. I have noticed mixed reactions about this dance, with some people saying it was his best routine of the season, and others saying that it was way over scored. Whatever you think about this dance, there is no denying that it was very heartfelt.
  • Bindi and Derek's Viennese Waltz I can never get that Alexander Jean song out of my head! Derek said he had "dancer's block", but if that is his form of losing creativity, I want his brain!

7 Nick and Sharna's Viennese Waltz I have said it before, and I will say it again; this (as well as Bindi's second Quickstep) was my favorite dance of the season. This Downton Abbey number transported me into an elegant realm that I never quite seen on this show before. The originality of its intense emotions really stuck out to me.

6 (Three-Way Tie)
  • Bindi and Derek's Contemporary Almost all of us can remember Steve Irwin's death like it was yesterday, so having that be translated into poetic form and movement truly made a setting of this nature one to remember.
  • Nick and Sharna's Redo Jive This dance was hot! There was an overwhelming positive reaction to this dance online when it was performed, and I was not surprised. The sexy redheaded fireball and the suave and fast Backstreet Boy were the perfect duo for such an electrifying Jive.
  • Alek and Lindsay's Finale Freestyle This was clearly one of the favorite Freestyle routines of the season. Although I personally loved all of the Freestyles for different reasons, I do have to say that this was not my favorite. But that's the great thing about having separate opinions, right? Besides that, I enjoyed the fact that this original military-style performance was the perfect analogy for Alek's journey throughout the season.

3 Alexa and Mark's Contemporary Alexa left on a high note the night she left because of both this dance and her Charleston with Bindi. It exemplified her struggles, informing others about the horrors of her eating disorder with true, raw emotion. And as always, I have to applaud Mark for his stunning choreography.

2 Carlos and Lindsay's Quickstep Right when I asked about everyone's favorite dances on Twitter, I knew that this dance was going to be high up on the list! With this dance, Lindsay proved herself as a talented and competitive pro, and Carlos came out and shown that he finally became a competitor in the competition. It was extremely entertaining!

1 Bindi and Derek's Foxtrot What amazing things can be said about Bindi that I haven't already said before? Bindi was by far one of the best dancers in the season, and it seems like I am in the majority when I say that. Of course, her success could not have been possible without a great partner such as Derek. Bindi's Foxtrot was superb, just like all of her other performances, and was definitely underscored!



Remember to follow me on Twitter at @DWTS2016 for more Dancing With the Stars news, updates and more! When the new season comes closer, we will be posting more about our thoughts on the season's dances as well as news about the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment