Friday, January 8, 2016

Sarah's Introduction and Top 10 Dances

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah. Sorry to be vague, but I have never and will never put my last name online. The author of this blog has kindly agreed to let me post.

My favorite contestants would have to be a tie between Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Riker Lynch is my second favorite contestant. I started watching DWTS on Season 18 because I found out Meryl and Charlie were competing. My favorite genres of dance are the paso doble, jazz, quickstep, contemporary, and swing... so basically most of them.

This is a list of my personal 10 favorite dances. Everyone has their opinion. Feel free to tell me your favorites! Enjoy!







10- Charlie and Sharna, week 2
I thought this tango was pretty smooth considering it was only week two. I love that they used a chair in their dance. It gave it some variety.




9- Bindi and Derek, week 9
This waltz is so good! I love the idea of the blindfold! It really mixes thing up! Plus this song is perfect with this dance. 


8- Riker and Allison, week 5
I've always loved paso dobles, but this one takes the cake in my mind. They took the paso doble which is normally a sexy, maybe-not-so-kid-friendly dance - and turned it into a striking dance.




7- Charlie and Sharna, week 5
This jazz routine to a song from Mary Poppins is adorable! Specifically when they encored it. Dancing with props is difficult due to the high number of things that can go wrong! 
(I should know- I dropped my flag during a parade march once!). Charlie handled this mishap like a pro!!! I'll be darned if you can spell the name of the song they danced to! ;D



6- Charlie and Sharna, week 1
This contemporary is great! It looks very clean and polished. I love how they incorperated the lifts. 




5- Meryl and Maks, week 2 

I love this swing! It's so refreshing and fun! Meryl totally rocked whatever style they gave her each week! (Also, if you look when they're on the balcony, on the left side Charlie is clapping along and it's adorable!)



 4- Riker and Allison, week 9
This contemporary is amazing! Unless you are a dancer, you cannot appreciate just how much energy this style takes. Riker nailed this!



3- Derek and Julianne Hough, finale
This dance is wonderful! The best dances should tell a story like this one does. The idea of having the young kids dance at the same time is pretty cool! Derek and Julianne are incredible dancers! 



2- Bindi and Derek featuring Mark, week 10
This contemporary dance was awesome! Like the judges said, it could be mistaken for a professional company. Bindi, Derek, and Mark were the perfect pairing! (Sorry about the quality!) 




1- Meryl and Charlie, finale 
I love this dance! As you can probably tell by this list, I am a huge Meryl Davis and Charlie White fan, so I was elated when I found out they were competing in the same season. I only wish they hadn't performed over the commercial break so we had the whole dance! 


Let me know what your favorite dances are! I hope you enjoyed seeing mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment