Monday, November 21, 2016

Who do we want to win season 23 of #DWTS? [Bentley, Julia]

Who do we want to win season 23 of Dancing With the Stars?

We have been giving our views on all of the dances each couple performed this season, so now it is time to reveal who we want to be the season 23 champions!

Paul Bentley (@TheBentleyNinja on Twitter): When the cast for season 23 of Dancing With the Stars was announced, I was most excited to see Terra JolĂ© on the show because I have been a fan of hers for a quite a while, and I have thought before of how interesting and innovative it would be to have a little person on the show (Fun Fact: Briana Renee, Terra’s co-star on Little Women: LA, was actually supposed to be on the show a year ago.). I also thought that Marilu Henner gave of a good first impression, so it was she and Terra who I was rooting for at first.

Unfortunately, because of what Ryan Lochte did in Brazil during the Olympics, I immediately decided that I wouldn’t like him. And I was far from right. I actually began to like him so much that I wanted to see him go far, despite me knowing that his lacking dancing abilities wouldn’t allow him to make it to the finals with the amount of tough competition this season. I feel bad for every making a snap judgment about him because I find him to be a really good guy who just ended up making a mistake. And he seemed truly sorry for that.

So now we are down to the final four. Laurie, James, Calvin, and Jana. While I really like all four of them, especially the three athletes, my pick to win is James Hinchcliffe and his partner Sharna Burgess. Every since his first dance and week one, and ever since I saw his fun and outgoing personality, I knew that I wanted him to win that Mirror Ball Trophy, despite there being other favorites of mine. I never realized how good of a dancer James is, and really, I didn’t know much about him at all in the beginning.

So yeah. I’m with Hinch.

meme.jpg


Julia Delbel (@juliadelbel on Twitter): Before the season began I was looking to root on a couple that would give us both strong dancing and fun entertainment. I thought Jana and Gleb were the ones most likely to provide us with these things so I started off mainly rooting for them. After the first episode, I was very impressed by how James’ technique and what a great performer Terra was, so they quickly joined Jana among my favorites, and in the next couple of weeks, Calvin did as well.

By the time we hit about Week 5, Jana had been edged out by the other three I mentioned in my mind. James had developed more of a Terra-style performance quality, Terra’s technique had improved immensely and was starting to approach the level James was at, and Calvin was just getting better all-around. So they became my top 3.

At this point, I think James is the one that deserves to win the most. He has had a great attitude all season, been very entertaining, and has worked to improve on things throughout the competition. I will get into this more in the Finals Night 1 blog post, but while I enjoy Calvin a lot I don’t think he has the charisma to win over the majority of the audience, I don’t think Laurie has improved much from the beginning (and as good as she started, there was and still is room for improvement from her), and I don’t think Jana even deserves her spot in the finals. Her performances have been too one-note (actually two-note: sexual and emotional) and she is still a pretty stiff mover after all these weeks.

I suppose if someone else pulls out something mind-blowingly amazing tonight I may be swayed, but I highly doubt that will happen so I’m saying my vote is with James and Sharna!


Those are our favorites! Who do you want to win?

@DWTS2016

No comments:

Post a Comment