Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dancing With the Stars Season 24- Week 4 (Most Memorable Year Night) Dance Overviews

Most Memorable Year Night is always the theme that brings the audience to tears, and this season’s was no exception. It let us get to know this season’s cast more with stories that shaped their lives in all kinds of ways!

Once again giving their thoughts on the dances, Paul Bentley and Julia Delbel are here to reflect on this week’s performances. Plus, after last week’s hiatus, DWTS Dreams is returning to give her input as well!

But that’s not all! Our guest blogger this week is the one and only Chelsea Quintal (@ChelseaQuintal on Twitter), who might just know more about Erika Jayne than Erika herself!




Most Memorable Year Night Dances

For the fourth week of competition, the ten remaining couples performed dances dedicated to the most memorable years of their lives, telling us the stories of how it affected them in their lives. Then, at the end of the night, another couple was eliminated from the competition.

[Order of the Judges’ Scores: Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Julianne Hough, Bruno Tonioli}




Normani Kordei and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Rumba: Impossible by Fifth Harmony
Normani’s Most Memorable Year: 2012, when she formed her singing group Fifth Harmony
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8, 9 (32/40)
#TeamValMani 1(800)868-3410

W4 Normani Rumba.jpg

@dwtsdreams: Throughout Normani’s journey on the show I have discovered so much about her character and roots. When someone says the group Fifth Harmony words that come to my mind are: strong, fierce, sassy, hardworking but this show has also made me realize that Normani is so much more than the character she puts on. She is funny, humble, and is just a regular girl. I have really enjoyed watching her flourish on the show. This week’s rumba was well executed and performed but wasn't my favorite routine compared to her showstopping routine last week. She still needs to work on her hand and finger placement. As a result of how good she is getting it is now getting down to the details. Her wrists sometimes curve down breaking her beautiful lines and she needs to remember to spot during her turns. I can’t wait to see what her and Val have in store for next week!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 8

@TheBentleyNinja: Normani is a true success story, so it was great to see her story dedicated to Fifth Harmony. It seems like Normani appreciates all that has gone right for her and all of her fans that cheer her on in everything she does. And although I am not too familiar with Fifth Harmony’s music, I really liked the live singing from them, especially from Normani. The dance, as the judges pointed out, lacked Rumba content, and the content that they did did not have very seamless transitions from one move to another. But the feeling of the dance between she and Val was prominent throughout, and it had some pretty solid technique. This dance was a good way to start Most Memorable Year Night- not too sad, but not an overly cheery dance either.
Bentley’s Score: 8

@ChelseaQuintal: I saw some people giving her flack when they found out she was dedicating her MMY to 5H, and I don’t understand that. I loved seeing her talk about her journey and rise to fame and she has such a light when she talks about it. And her relationship with the other girls is very sweet and was the highlight of the performance in my opinion. As for the dance itself, I think she’s incredibly talented but I expected more. I’m not sure what is more to blame for me, whether it was the lack of content or the lack of rehearsal time…or maybe both…but it wasn’t my favourite of hers. But she’s undoubtedly one of the most talented contestants this season and I know she’s going to come back even stronger next week.
Chelsea’s Score: 8

@juliadelbel: I agree with Chelsea that it was strange for people to be berating Normani for choosing to talk about 5th Harmony this week. Clearly the formation of the group was a memorable time in her life and it changed her story forever. Also the whole freakout over the live singing turned out to be for nothing, of course; the singing was a nice touch but didn’t change the dance or anything. The routine itself was nice and I think Normani did well with it. I think she was hitting the moves a bit too hard and I rolled my eyes at the lift that Val put in (along with the other pros who did so this week for styles that didn’t allow for them). You’d think after the reift last week between Carrie Ann and Sasha the others would take heed of her warning but I guess not. Anyway, despite those issues, this was one of my favorite performances of the night from a viewer standpoint.
Julia’s Score: 8




Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd
Rumba: Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
Nick’s Most Memorable Year: 2016, when he met his fiancé Vanessa Grimaldi
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 8, 7 (30/40)
#TeamBabyGotBach 1(800)868-3409

W4 Nick Rumba.jpg

@dwtsdreams: To be honest when I first heard that Nick was going to on the show I wasn't thrilled. His playboy attitude was something I didn't want to deal with and surprisingly don't have to. Little by little I am starting to enjoy watching Nick. He has a great attitude and works his butt of every week. This week was by far his best dance! He looked comfortable with the movements and was performing some basic Rumba steps pretty well! It was a very smart move for Peta to bring Vanessa into this dance because he seemed like he was enjoying this dance so much more! I loved the concept Peta built creatively. He still needs to work on his hip work and not tensing up in his arms but overall great improvement.  
DWTS Dream’s Score: 7

@TheBentleyNinja: Sure, choosing his relationship with his fiancé for Most Memorable Year Night is cliché for a Bachelor on this show, but his relationship with Vanessa appears pretty authentic as far as I can tell. The sensuality between Nick and Peta in their Rumba was undeniable, and it really helped mask his technical flaws. However, they were still there. Nick didn’t open his core as much as he should have, and his feet seemed to get ignored throughout the entire routine. Though, he did he move to the music as precise as I could ask from him. I just feel as though he has so much potential, and it is just not translating into his dance. Nick needs to focus on his polishing and keep improving if he wants to make it far. But this was a nice Rumba nonetheless, despite Peta leading the entire thing.
Bentley’s Score: 7

@ChelseaQuintal: Honestly, I like Nick. I don’t watch the Bachelor so I didn’t enter this season with the hate everyone else did, but I find he comes across as incredibly sweet and charming on this show. It’s so nice to see him improving and starting to get more comfortable. There are still major issues with his technique but I definitely see his potential. The performance as a whole fell flat for me though. The mix of yet another Bachelor choosing that for their MMY and the cringey ending with Vanessa was not my cup of tea. But Peta is stunning and she absolutely nailed it like always, which ended up making the dance better than it was.
Chelsea’s Score: 7

@juliadelbel: I think Nick improved a lot this week and I’m glad to see his hard work paying off. There were still some flaws but they weren’t as noticeable in this dance as his other ones, which allowed me to enjoy the routine for what it was. I think Nick may be in trouble next week and since Erika was in jeopardy and had a historically better spot in the running order than him my concern is even stronger than it would be otherwise. But I hope he gets to let loose and have fun at least once before his time on the show is finished.
Julia’s Score: 7




Nancy Kerrigan and Artem Chigvintsev
Foxtrot: My Wish by Rascal Flatts
Nancy’s Most Memorable Year: 1996, when she started to form her family
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 9, 8, 8 (33/40)
#TeamBladesOfGlory 1(800)868-3408

W4 Nancy Foxtrot.jpg

@dwtsdreams: Nancy’s strength shined through this emotional dance. At the start of the competition I doubted that Nancy was going to be a front runner, but she proved me wrong. Her frame is incredible. Her shoulders are down, her rib cage is in, her butt is under, her legs are pointed from the knees, and her feet are turned out! She has impressed me from the start she stepped out on the dance floor in week 1! Artem seems incredibly happy and inspired with Nancy, and I am soaking it all up! I love this partnership and can't wait for more.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 8

@TheBentleyNinja: Wow, Nancy’s story was really sad. I’m glad that things worked out for her in 1996, because six miscarriages must be tough to deal with. Implementing the subtle archetype of nature in her dance to tell her story was perfect, and it really set an uplifting tone to gradually play out throughout the Foxtrot. There was an appropriate ease to the routine, and it was wrapped in a little bow with her technique and fluidity. I did seem like Nany’s balanced differed from the upper part of her body to the lower part of her body, but Artem helped her collect herself fairly quickly. This dance was absolutely stunning.
Bentley’s Score: 9

@ChelseaQuintal: This woman is beautiful. I absolutely adore watching her dance. I think Artem’s choreography is really on another level this season now that he has such a capable partner. Her package was one of the few I cried at. She was just so raw and vulnerable and I can’t imagine anybody not connecting with her after this week. Her technique is solid and you can tell she’s putting in the effort to consider even the most minor of details. And the partnership between her and Artem is one of my favourites this season - it’s nice to see such a beautiful and genuine connection. My only concern is that, I’m not sure why, but I always seem to be forgetting her performances when I look back on the weeks. And that worries me. She deserves her place amongst the frontrunners and I hope she gets it.
Chelsea’s Score: 9

@juliadelbel: There are three times you really need to be at your prime on Dancing With the Stars: The first week, the last week, and Most Memorable Year week. While Nancy seemed to fade into the woodwork on premiere night (though I blame the running order for that more than anything) she may have made up for it between last week and especially this week. Her story of fertility struggles seemed to resonate with a lot of people, especially those in the show’s main demographic, and of course her dancing was absolutely beautiful as well! Nancy is clearly working hard to improve each week and Artem is choreographing to her strengths very well. I am still a little worried about these two potentially fading into the woodwork again and leaving in a few weeks as a result, but if they keep this up then hopefully they’ll be around a good while.
Julia’s Score: 8





Mr. T and Kym Johnson-Herjavec Eliminated- 10th Place
Waltz: Amazing Grace by Ray Chew Live
Mr. T’s Most Memorable Year: 1985, when he found religion in his battle with cancer
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7 (28/40) Lowest Score of the Night
#TeamDancinFools 1(800)868-3407

W4 Mr. T Foxtrot.jpg

@dwtsdreams: Mr. T is the ideal DWTS celebrity. He has no dance experience, has an inspiring story, and has gotten through so many tough obstacles to get to this point. Before the show, I didn't know a lot about Mr.T, but during the show I starting to really enjoy him. His attitude is infectious and I smile ear to ear when I watch him dance. He was clearly falling behind the pack with his dance ability, but I am so glad he came on the show!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 6

@TheBentleyNinja: I love seeing Mr. T doing ballroom dances! I liked Mr. T more and more every week on saw him on this show, and I’m a little bummed that he was eliminated, even though I knew he had to be eliminated eventually. His story for his most memorable year was beyond inspiring, and it makes me glad that he had an opportunity to compete on DWTS. He and Kym performed an elegant Waltz, which resonated with all sorts of feelings! It was obvious that Mr. T had poor posture and had weak lines, but that was not what stood out to me. His dedication is what really shined through to make for a memorable final performance before his elimination!
Bentley’s Score: 6

@ChelseaQuintal: I feel like I am in the minority when I say that I think this was his second best performance. But regardless, it’s definitely a step up from his first two weeks. He has such a big heart and it has been an absolute pleasure watching him this season. We have to give major props to Kym on her work with him. This partnership has solidified Kym as one of my all-time favourite pros. Her ability to connect with her partner, and choreograph in the smartest ways really shined through. This was a stunning way to end his DWTS journey and I’m going to miss them for sure.
Chelsea’s Score: 6

@juliadelbel: I have loved having Mr. T on DWTS and I’m glad to have seen everyone else fall in love with him too! He had another Ballroom dance this week and I think that along with the cancer survival story was a good note for him to leave on. He was very elegant in his movements even though he did have some issues with the footwork. I think Kym did amazing with him and learned to provide choreography that made him shine.
Julia’s Score: 6




Heather Morris and Alan Bersten (Maksim Chmerkovskiy)
Cha-Cha-Cha: Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
Heather’s Most Memorable Year: 2015, when she married her husband Taylor Hubbell
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 9, 9, 9 (35/40)
#TeamMaksimumHeat 1(800)868-3406

W4 Heather Cha-Cha-Cha.jpg


@dwtsdreams: Heather is a force to be reckoned with. She is an incredible performer and she nailed that Cha-Cha-Cha content. Although, in some parts she needs to loosen up because she seems tense. That tenseness is a result of the judges putting so much pressure on her. These past few weeks the judges have been picking out small details from her dancing. Although that can be annoying, her overall performance has already gotten so much better from week 1!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 9

@TheBentleyNinja: Heather’s Cha-Cha-Cha was a good way to balance out all of the strong emotions of the night. It added a cute little story to be played out, which gave the dance so much character. This routine was probably Heather’s best dance yet, bringing out more personality than we’ve ever seen before from her. I really loved Alan’s choreography that kind of reminded me of The Game of Life, which brought out light-hearted joy and fun that spread to the audience. Heather was sharp and quick, but oddly enough, she was not as hard-hitting as she was in her Tango last week. But this dance still made me want to get up and dance with them, which is why this is my favorite dance from Heather thus far!
Bentley’s Score: 9

@ChelseaQuintal: I have to start off by saying the judges are tough on her and I think it’s apparent in her dances. She seems stressed and I think that’s what is the one thing missing from me with her, because I’m not fully connecting to her yet. But, she’s still one of my favourites. I personally love happy MMYs and they’re incredibly underrated. Something about the choreo felt lackluster to me, but it was a wonderful dance and the fun of it all was infectious. And I’m so impressed with how well she’s doing with Alan, because it’s definitely not easy switching up partners like she has.
Chelsea’s Score: 9

@juliadelbel: I liked seeing Heather show more personality this week and that she seems to be having fun on the show and “rolling with the punches”. I thought Alan’s choreography was great and suited her well, and I loved seeing Heather’s husband Taylor included in the performance!
Julia’s Score: 9




David Ross and Lindsay Arnold
Viennese Waltz: Forever Young by Youth Group
David’s Most Memorable Year: 2016, when The Cubs won the World Series
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 8, 8, 8 (31/40)
#TeamLadyAndTheGramp 1(800)868-3404

W4 David Viennese Waltz.jpg

@dwtsdreams:  Before I start, I would like to address some controversy about Lindsay’s choreography and former pro Louis van Amstel’s thoughts. Louis took twitter to say “@D_Ross3 love David, totally surprises me every week, but I don't understand why @lindsayarnold chooses a 4/4 beat song.This is not VW #dwts .” This made me very upset. Louis just wants attention and this was so disrespectful. Louis, who is on the show and who isn't? Lindsay was given a song with a 4/4 beat and she created a Viennese Waltz to the best of her ability with the song she was given. Then Louis went on saying that her integrity was lost. I never get into this controversial stuff but this season I think it is important. David’s attitude and willingness to improve could get him a spot in the semi finals!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 7

@TheBentleyNinja: This dance was a nice change of pace from last week’s Magic Mike routine! I enjoyed seeing David interacting with his friends and family in his rehearsal package because it asserted the fact that he is just a fun-loving and grateful person! I do have to say, though, that I agree with the fact that the song did not work for a Viennese Waltz. I tried to find a Viennese Waltz beat in this song, but the slight beat I could find was drowned in the music about halfway through. That ultimately made it look like David and Lindsay were rushing the dance. David probably had his weakest performance this week, but he still succeeded in dancing to the beat and telling a story simply through dance. And isn’t that the most important thing that can be implemented in a dance?
Bentley’s Score: 7

@ChelseaQuintal: This is one contestant that pre-season was one of my favourites, and I saw so much potential in the premiere, but has now started dropping in my rankings. That being said, I do though love his spirit and he’s a joy to watch in his packages and for his dynamic with Lindsay. This was a huge step up for me compared to last week since this dance had content, but his technique fell flat. I would like to see him get more appropriate scores at some point, and more detailed constructive feedback from the judges, because I think it would help him improve rather than continue down the path he’s going.
Chelsea’s Score: 6

@juliadelbel: I agree with Chelsea that David’s scores this season have been too high, but I actually didn;t like this one as much as last week’s. He just didn’t seem as comfortable out that and was very “jumpy”. It looked as if he was having a hard time keeping up with Lindsay. I still think they’re a lot of fun and will be around awhile, though.
Julia’s Score: 7




Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater
Contemporary: Unconditionally by Katy Perry
Rashad’s Most Memorable Year: 2006, when he found out what “unconditional love” meant
The Judges’ Scores: 10, 9, 10, 10 (39/40) Highest Score of the Night
#TeamShadSquad 1(800)868-3411

W4 Rashad Contemporary.jpg

@dwtsdreams: This dance was incredible. Sure, maybe at sometimes Rashad’s feet weren't pointed or his shoulders were slightly up but this dance was what dance is all about. It was so beautiful created and Emma knocked it out of the park. I am so proud of her this season and I just love this partnership. Rashad is an incredible contender and has a huge chance of winning the mirrorball!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 10

@TheBentleyNinja: Both Rashad’s story and his dance took my breath away this week. Everything about his performance was very touching, especially with the hug at the end with his father. I predicted before the season began that Rashad was going to win the Mirror Ball Trophy, and this dance made me believe that more than I already did before. The ways that he lifted Emma looked effortless, and the way that he carried himself in such a light way was stunning. This performance was exactly what I like to see from Contemporary numbers, and it demonstrated how dynamic Rashad can be as a dancer. This, to me, was the first dance that I believed deserved a perfect score!
Bentley’s Score: 10

@ChelseaQuintal: This was stunning. I was really impressed with Emma’s choreography this week and I’m glad this dance lived up to the expectations everyone had for it. Rashad is incredible and the moment between him and his father at the end of the dance just killed me. So beautiful, I honestly don’t have much else to say.
Chelsea’s Score: 10

@juliadelbel: I was surprised at how good Emma’s Contemporary choreography was, since a lot of the DWTS pros seem to have trouble figuring out what to do with that style. I can’t think of anything to say that hasn’t already been said, but Rashad killed both the technique and emotional sides of the dance and he’s still my prediction to win the season.
Julia’s Score: 10



Erika Jayne and Gleb Savchenko
Cha-Cha-Cha: Express Yourself by Madonna
Erika’s Most Memorable Year: 1989, when she moved from Atlanta to New York to chase her dreams as a model/actress
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 7, 7, 8 (30/40)
#TeamPrettyXXpensive 1(800)868-3405

W4 Erika Cha-Cha-Cha.jpg

@dwtsdreams: Before I get into critique about the dance, I would like to address this topic again! I said during Week 2 but some people still need this drilled into their mind. There has been some controversy about Erika and her being maybe too sexy and that blows my mind. Bonner came out week 1 thrusting and the judges call him “so hot” and “sexy,” and Erika comes out and she is critiqued. David comes out doing a Magic Mike dances is praised and Erika does a little shimmying and it is considered sexy. I am sorry producers, but it isn't her fault that you give her the same type of dance EVERY week. Judges, if you complain that she is doing the same thing every week, then talk to the producers: Erika is a beautiful, strong woman, and that is that. This dance was not my favorite, and I do want to see more content. Overall, I can't wait to see what she does next week!
DWTS Dream’s Score: Score: 7

@TheBentleyNinja: It’s nice to know that Erika worked hard to get where she is in life, demonstrating how success requires some effort. I think that Erika improved this week in terms of precision, but I was left wanting more from her performance-wise with how hard she hit each movement and how much energy she had on the dance floor. I can see that her partnership with Gleb is growing, though, which makes her dances look more natural each week. However, I think that Erika was lost in the shuffle of all the other dances again, which makes me continue to think that she could be jeopardy of being eliminated very soon. But at least Erika came out and, from what it looks like, payed attention to the judges’ comments to grow as a dancer in her Cha-Cha-Cha.
Bentley’s Score: 7

@ChelseaQuintal: Where do I even start? These judges have a problem with her and I can’t comprehend why. I’m not sure why they’re so insistent that they want her out of her comfort zone because I think it’s quite clear she is far out of it. And I don’t think it’s fair to keep blaming her for the dance styles she receives. But, regardless, I loved it. The song had the same issue as last week being it was a bit too slow and I think it hurt them but I still think they did great with what they had. It was fire, and tons of fun, and her technique is there. You can see her technique getting cleaner and sharper so I’m not sure how Len thinks his plateau comment was justified. But she takes the judges’ comments very seriously and will definitely be working hard with what she’s been told. I’ve also loved seeing her getting more comfortable and showing how much fun she’s having. But the thing with Erika is I can tell she’s stressed. She’s having the time of her life and you can see that, but there are moments you can also see her overthinking everything. The judges and a lot of the audience scrutinize her for every single thing she does that it’s gotten to the point where she can’t win no matter what. One thing about her is that there is nobody harder on her than herself, so if you pair that with the consistent harsh treatment/scoring from the judges and backlash from viewers, she’s inevitably going to be stressed. But, I’m proud of her and I loved her ChaCha and her and Gleb’s partnership is everything.
Chelsea’s Score: 8

@juliadelbel: I’m continuing to enjoy Erika and Gleb’s partnership and I think the song suited her well. I also LOVE that she dedicated her dance to people with big dreams like the ones she followed! The choreography seemed kind of “stop and go”, meaning that it looked like she was posing in odd places. I’ve also noticed that Erika seems to smile and have fun for most of the show, but when she starts dancing she suddenly looks very serious and maybe even nervous. I think that may be because of the constant demands from the judges and audience to tone down the sex angle. I would like to see other sides of her, but I think she’s interpreting those comments as people wanting her to change who she is. I think Erika could be in danger next week but I’m hoping she pulls through.
Julia’s Score: 7




Simone Biles and Sasha Farber
Viennese Waltz: Good Good Father by Chris Tomlin
Simone’s Most Memorable Year: 2000, when she was adopted by her parents
The Judges’ Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9 (36/40)
#TeamGoldenGiggles 1(800)868-3412

W4 Simone Viennese Waltz.jpg

@dwtsdreams: I am not a crier, but this dance made me tear up. There is something about Simone’s dancing that is so pure and innocent that I love. She truly dances with the music and not ON the music. Her musicality is impeccable and I adore her performance qualities. She has great lines but sometimes she is stiff in the back so I would love to see Sasha work on that. On the topic of Sasha, he is killing it! Sasha is doing an incredible job this season and I love how inspired they are. Simone will definitely be in the finals for sure!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 9

@TheBentleyNinja: Even as just a regular ol’ watcher of Dancing with the Stars, I am proud of Simone. I love how open she was this week to tell us about something that shaped her as a person and affected her life forever. I could see her tearing up at the beginning of her Viennese Waltz, but that didn’t distract her from hitting it out of the park with her emotional dance! Simone and Sasha danced in an indescribably wonderful way, letting each step stand out on its own. Simone looked like she was on top of the world, spinning with grace, and traveling with elegance. I didn’t see anything wrong with this dance, so this routine was a clear ten in my eyes!
Bentley’s Score: 10

@ChelseaQuintal: This was the first week I connected to Simone and I’m so glad. Her story was one of the most impactful in my opinion, and the relationship between her and her parents had me in tears. Everything about it was gorgeous and I love seeing more grace and fluidity in her movements. By far my favourite dance from her this season.
Chelsea’s Score: 9

@juliadelbel: I loved that Simone was able to show more emotion in her dance this week and she was actually more graceful than I expected in this dance. I did notice some spotting issues with her turns but those were minor. I think this week was just what she needed, especially looking at the “key weeks” I mentioned earlier. Simone topped the leaderboard Week 1 and stood out again this week, so hopefully that will help her stick around awhile longer.
Julia’s Score: 9




Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess
Foxtrot: Feeling Good by Michael Bublé
Bonner’s Most Memorable Year: 2016, when he got into a paralyzing bullriding incident
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32/40)
#TeamDenimNDiamonds 1(800)868-3401

W4 Bonner Foxtrot.jpg

@dwtsdreams: I am sorry but I don't have anything to say about Bonner. To be honest, he is just there. Each week his dancing is the same and he seems as if he has just plateaued.  Sharna doesn't seem very inspiring this season and this “chemistry” the producers claim they have is so not there. It is so awkward between them and it is so forced. The choreography has seemed super basic and just the same old, same old. This is my least favorite partnership that has ever happened on the show. I love Sharna but this season she has made me a little sad. I miss the old Sharna and I hate what this partnership is doing for her. I just want Bonner to leave.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 7

@ChelseaQuintal: I’m not sure what to say to be honest. If not for the fact this showmance is being shoved down our throats, and the constant drama, he’d be the most forgettable contestant ever. There doesn’t seem to be any emotions from either of them, and I agree that Sharna seems incredibly uninspired this season. Everything about this is flat.
Chelsea’s Score: 7

@TheBentleyNinja: Watching the videos of Bonner’s injuries were painful to watch. It’s a miracle that he is even breathing today, let alone dancing on the show. I actually found this Foxtrot to be one of his best dances yet, showing us a classical form of elegance that works perfectly for his personality. It’s unfortunate, though, because I can tell that his neck was hurting him in the stiff position that it was in. Despite that, I think that Sharna gave him appropriate choreography that showcased his strengths of being suave holding a strong stature. However, just like with Nick, it seemed as though he ignored what his feet were doing altogether. Plus, I think that Bonner could have been more flexible, which could be because of his injury, but I’ve seen more flexible in some of his other dances. Overall, I thought that this was a pleasant routine, but I think he needs to stand out more in order to be a true contender for the Mirror Ball Trophy!
Bentley’s Score: 8

@juliadelbel: This was definitely Bonner’s best dance to date. Even though he still seems to have trouble connecting to the music and the dance, his technique was quite good this time around. I agree with Bentley that the Foxtrot was well-suited to her strengths and personality. I don’t think Bonner will win this season but people seem to love him so I have a feeling he’ll be sticking around for awhile longer.
Julia’s Score: 8




Rankings of the Most Memorable Year Night Dances

@TheBentleyNinja
1. Rashad & Emma
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Heather & Alan (Maks)
4. Nancy & Artem
5. Normani & Val
6. Bonner & Sharna
7. Erika & Gleb
8. Nick & Peta
9. David & Lindsay
10. Mr. T & Kym

@dwtsdreams
1. Rashad & Emma
2. Heather & Alan (Maks)
3. Simone & Sasha
4. Nancy & Artem
5. Normani & Val
6. Erika & Gleb
7. Nick & Peta
8. David & Lindsay
9. Bonner & Sharna  
10. Mr. T & Kym

@ChelseaQuintal
1. Rashad & Emma
2. Nancy & Artem
3. Simone & Sasha
4. Erika & Gleb
5. Heather & Alan (Maks)
6. Normani & Val
7. Nick & Peta
8. David & Lindsay
9. Mr. T & Kym
10. Bonner & Sharna

@juliadelbel (as usual, this is based on technique/my scores and if there’s a tie, personal preference)
1. Rashad & Emma
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Heather & Alan (Maks)
4. Normani & Val
5. Nancy & Artem
6. Bonner & Sharna
7. Erika & Gleb
8. Nick & Peta
9. David & Lindsay
10. Mr. T & Kym




Chelsea’s Final Comments

@ChelseaQuintal: This season is so messy and that honestly sucks. I hate that this had to happen during this of all seasons but it is what it is. I hope that things start changing with the judging because it’s getting exhausting and frustrating watching certain contestants get overscored each week, and others underscored each week. The double-standard has never been more apparent and I don’t agree with the way certain contestants are being treated. I’m praying for a miracle that things take a turn and the least technically gifted contestants keep going home but alas I’m not sure that will be the case.

It’s nice to see some real genuine friendships forming amidst such a competitive season. I think there are a few partnerships here that will be amongst people’s all-time favourites. And even though this is a super competitive season, it has most definitely made for some phenomenal dances already, and it is only week 4!

And, at the end of the day, no matter how messy it is this is already one of my favourite seasons. I obviously have to end this with a shout-out to my girl. I’m so beyond grateful to have Erika Girardi on this show, it’s truly a dream come true for me. And you can say what you want about her but she has an impeccable work ethic, is having the time of her life, and is just trying to inspire and entertain, and I think that is what this show is all about. :) Now on to my favourite week….DISNEY NIGHT!!!!

Thank you guys for letting me be a guest-blogger! <3





Make sure you read our thoughts on the dances every Wednesday, and additional thoughts and analyses every Friday throughout season 24 of Dancing With the Stars on the DWTS INTERACT blog!

W4 Mr. T Elimination.jpg




Follow us on Twitter!
DWTS Dreams: @24_7dwts
Julia Delbel: @juliadelbel
Paul Bentley: @TheBentleyNinja
Chelsea Quintal: @ChelseaQuintal




Playlist of the Most Memorable Year Night Dances: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK1f1bOs9Xyfbs73opLfm_ptDfxV8QjLR




#DWTS #DWTS24
#MostMemorableYear

DWTS_Season24.png

No comments:

Post a Comment