Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Dancing With the Stars Season 24- Week 7 (A Night at the Movies) Dance Overviews

With La La Land choreographer Mandy Moore as a guest judge, a double elimination taking place, a Dance-Off challenge, and A Night at the Movies theme, week 7 of Dancing With the Stars had a lot going on! And we’re here to talk about it!


Once again, Paul Bentley, Julia Delbel, and DWTS Dreams are here to give their thoughts on the night of performances, along with guest blogger Fatima (@dwtsqueen on Twitter)!






Opening Number
Let’s Go To The Movies by Aileen Quinn, Ann Reinking, Albert Finney, and Chorus


W7 Opening Number.jpg


@dwtsqueen: It was a nice opener for a night at the movies. It had lots of elegance. It looked professional. But to be honest I don't know why I expected more. Like the film wheels I don't know honestly could've got butter props.But it was a Nice way to open up the night!


@TheBentleyNinja: What a perfect song for A Night at the Movies! I think that everybody’s been craving a good ol’ pro number, and this opening was just was the doctor ordered! I thought that the part with the ladies holding the film wheels didn’t really do much visually as much as the production thought it would, but that section was still good. I always love classic Hollywood themes, and this dance did the theme justice.


@dwtsdreams: I have mixed feelings about this opening number. On one hand I loved the elegance of the piece and the ballroom choreography but I thought the part with the girls and the film tapes wasn't necessarily needed. The pros definitely outweighed the cons! The song and the costumes reminded me of pure ballroom and the partnership pro pairings were just what I was looking for, and it created even more magic! Overall, it was an incredible opening number that captured the essence of Hollywood themes.


@juliadelbel: I thought this was nice and it was good to have a no nonsense Ballroom opening number since we haven’t seen a lot of those lately.






Individual Movie Genre Dances
The Battle for Immunity


For the first round of dances, the seven remaining couples danced to themes of various different movie genres for A Night at the Movies.


The couple who had the highest score out of this round received immunity from the night’s double elimination, an additional three points added to their overall score, and an exemption from the Dance-Off Challenge. In the event of a tie for the highest score, the couple with the highest cumulative score of the season would receive the immunity, points, and exemptions.

[Order of the Judges' Scores: Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Mandy Moore, Bruno Tonioli]






Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess
Paso Doble: Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes by Aaron Copland
Movie Genre Theme: Western
The Judges’ Scores: 7, 7, 8, 7 (29/40) Lowest Individual Dance Score
#TeamDenimNDiamonds 1(800)868-3401


W7 Bonner Paso Doble.jpg


@dwtsqueen: There was barely any dancing. The content was messy. I don't know how he survived this week! Okay, there was content, but it was very bad. Like, I honestly think when he smashed the chair, it was unnecessary in the beginning!! He needs to focus on his dancing!!! Worst dance of the night. I'm sorry, it was just horrible. I mean there was barely any dancing, and when he did dance it was horrible. In my opinion, Mandy Moore overscored Bonner. And so did the rest of the judges. That wasn’t a Paso Doble. Like for real, it was like watching a highschool boy confused, lost, and horrible at dancing. How did Sharna allow this horribleness? I'm so upset. Like there was no improvement at all. Sorry but Bonner has  to leave this week. Even though he did good during the dance off but he should really go home asap.
Fatima’s Score: 6


@TheBentleyNinja: Yes, the production was very entertaining, but there was just not enough Paso Doble content. . . even in the standards of Dancing With the Stars. But we’ve come to a point where I feel like it’s just repetitive to mention that a dance does not have enough content in it. But from the little amount of Paso Doble I did see in this dance, I saw a strength in Bonner that I loved to see brought out of him. But I couldn’t really see too many improvements, and that is mainly because I wasn’t able to see much of anything dance-wise in the choreography. Where was the hold? Where was the double-step? Bonner truly embodied his character this week, but he was stuck in his head again, contributing to his stiff lines and awkwardness. Luckily for Bonner, though, the judges saw more than that, and he is able to dance another week. My concern for him, though, is whether or not he will be able to get by another week without as big of an improvement as some of the others.
Bentley’s Score: 6


@dwtsdreams: Can someone please tell me how Bonner is still in? I have never been so confused with a star’s placing than for Bonner. At the start of the season we had incredible stars that I thought were all going to make it to the semifinals but they all left. I don't understand how Heather, Nancy, and even Nick went home before Bonner. This dance wasn't a Paso Doble at all at what confuses me is the judges seemed to like it. I just want to see dance content please. Even basic movements such as chasses to right and left, drags, deplacement, promenade links, etc. were either not there or not done correctly. He is not improving, so I don't understand why he is staying.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 6


@juliadelbel: Am I surprised Bonner is still here? No (this was the top 5 I called back in Week 1) but I am annoyed by it. Bonner is a total bore and plateaued weeks ago. However, people who share these exact qualities end up making it far almost every season so it’s become predictable at this point. The show almost tricked me into believing Bonner would be eliminated with the way they treated him on Monday, but he ended up staying. This Paso had almost zero content and he didn’t really do much and then the judges overscored it. I realize there’s pretty much no way anyone is getting a paddle below a 7 at this point in the competition, but it’s annoying because it just makes the margins between very strong and very weak dancers that much smaller, making it easier for the weaker dancers to get enough votes to knock the better ones off the show.
Julia’s Score: 6






Nancy Kerrigan and Artem Chigvintsev Eliminated- Tied for 6th Place
Tango: Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
Movie Genre Theme: Romance
The Judges’ Scores: 9, 9, 9, 9 (36/40)
#TeamBladesOfGlory 1(800)868-3408


W7 Nancy Tango.jpg


@dwtsqueen: Very cute concept. I like it. So sad to see Nancy and Artem go home! The hotel concept was cute. Very elegant. There was lots of improvement. She looked very happy while doing this dance. I feel so bad for them. But this was a nice way to end the competition. This was her best dance.
Fatima’s Score:9


@dwtsdreams: These past few weeks, Nancy has really flourished, and I am so sad she left. Artem seemed so inspired and happy this season, and I thought she could had at least made it one more week. I loved the concept and overall performance. Nancy had great technique such as shoulders down, a quick spot, and head placement. I will miss Nancy so much next week.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 9


@TheBentleyNinja: Okay, but why did the singer for this sing the song like it was an opera? XD Along with her more polished steps, Nancy finally looked as though she was sure of herself in her movements, which I have been wanting to see from her for a while now. However, she was still a bit stuttery and jumpy, which I have noticed from her before. Looking back at her other dances, it seems as though her problem every week was always the same stuff that never ended up getting fixed. So it’s unfortunate that she had to leave on Monday with her finally breaking through that barrier. I loved how happy this Tango was, because I was originally thinking that it would be more of a drama under the Romance theme, which wouldn’t have suited her as well as this dance did. She and Artem looked so joyous on the dance floor, which made this performance come to life.
Bentley’s Score: 9


@juliadelbel: This dance suited Nancy very well and was probably one of her best. There were a few minor issues but her technique was amazing. I was very sad to see her go but I was kind of expecting her time to be up either this week or next so it wasn’t too much of a surprise. It still sucks though because she was actually steadily improving every week while certain others who remain plateaued weeks ago.
Julia’s Score: 9






Simone Biles and Sasha Farber
Charleston: Charleston by Bob Wilson & His Varsity Rhythm Boys
Movie Genre Theme: Silent Films
The Judges’ Scores: 10, 9, 9, 9 (37/40)
#TeamGoldenGiggles 1(800)868-3412


W7 Simone Charleston.jpg


@dwtsqueen: It was fun and had a lot of content. I loved the costumes and makeup, and I like how they included gymnastics. I was so worried about her doing a Charleston, but I'm so proud of her because she did amazing. Her technique was amazing.
Fatima’s Score:10


@dwtsdreams: This was my favorite Simone and Sasha dance all season. It really captured the essence of who they are. There were smiles, tricks, lifts, and goofiness. Sasha packed that dance with charleston content, and she nailed it.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 10


@TheBentleyNinja: Who would have thought that such a simple concept could have had such a creative twist on it?! The silent film dialogue behind Simone and Sasha. The troupe eating popcorns in movie seats, and the little bit of shiny confetti gave this performance charm without overwhelming it! Simone had tons of pep in her step with Charleston technique to die for! I have to absolutely disagree with the judges in the fact that I think Simone was in the zone with this dance, and not on autopilot mode. One can always tell the quality of a dance by looking at how effortless the dancers make it seem, and Simone and Sasha made this complex routine look like a stroll in the park!
Bentley’s Score: 10


@juliadelbel: This was one of the best dances of the season and deserved a perfect score. The fact that the judges had to throw out that stock comment about “chemistry” they use whenever they don’t want to give 10’s to justify this routine not getting a perfect score was bull. Simone and Sasha’s chemistry in this performance was hands down the best it has been all season. Of course, Simone’s technique was amazing as well, and I really liked that this couple actually worked in the movie genre they’d been given into the performance with the captions behind them while they were dancing.
Julia’s Score: 10






The Cast of Disney Channel’s Descendants 2
Rotten to the Core and Be Wicked (medley) by the Descendants 2 Cast


W7 Descendants 2.jpg


@dwtsqueen: The choreography was amazing! It was so much fun to watch. They were So energetic, that's what I liked. Also I liked the medley, but I wish they had sung Rotten to the Core more. But the dancing was beautiful.


@TheBentleyNinja: With such intense choreography and powerful dancing, I would expect a number like this to incorporate lip syncing, but couldn’t have the lip syncing at least matched with the song? And why did they have fake microphones if it was obvious that they were just lip syncing anyway? :P But in all seriousness, I thought that this was just going to be another Disney plug with a cheesy and childish theme, and even though it still kind of was, I was really impressed by the high quality of dancing that was executed. Oh, and I was totally convinced by Tom’s acting before the dance that something actually went wrong. . . until he mentioned that evil took over. XD


@dwtsdreams:  I enjoyed this number. It was refreshing to see and new type of choreography and dancers. It definitely was more of a dance number than I expected. Some of those actors really can dance!


@juliadelbel: I enjoyed this but I think it would have made more sense to have it on Disney night, though I guess there was more room in the show for it this week. Dove looked a little nervous (between this and Hairspray Live! I think she might just get nervous performing live) but the rest of them completely sold it. Also, I really liked that they had some plus-sized dancers in this number, because we don’t often see that on this show. Shout out to choreographer Kenny Ortega for the fantastic routine!






Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd Eliminated- Tied for 6th Place
Argentine Tango: Dangerous by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin
Movie Genre Theme: Action
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 9, 9 (34/40)
#TeamBabyGotBach 1(800)868-3409


W7 Nick Argentine Tango.jpg


@dwtsqueen: He did so good! I loved the story. Why did he leave? He improved! His footwork was better this time around. The song choice was good, too. It was so sad to see him leave. I'm so mad that Bonner is still in the competition.
Fatima’s Score:8


@dwtsdreams: Improvement central! This is the type of improvement I was looking for! He still had a lot of work to do, but his overall performance ability and stiffness had gone down so much. I was a little upset when he left over Bonner.
DWTS Dream’s Score: 8


@TheBentleyNinja: When I first found out that Nick and Peta has Action as their movie genre theme, I thought that they were going to do something along the lines of cheesy superheroes with graphics that say “POW!” and “WHAM!” Thank goodness that was not the case. I really liked the technological action theme a lot whole lot better. Nick and Peta had an interesting chemistry together, portraying the whole “I’m gonna pretend I love you so I can have flash drive” vibe, which was actually really cool. And when Peta revealed that she actually still had the flash drive the whole time?! With that look on her face?! Amazing! Nick was not the most stable dancer this week, but his legs were a whole lot better from last week’s Jive, which were showcased in a better light with Nick’s dancing style. This was the first week where I actually saw Nick as a potential contender of the competition, which makes it oh so much more of a bummer that he was eliminated. But what can you do besides vote?
Bentley’s Score: 8


@juliadelbel: I loved the storyline of this dance and Nick’s technique was the best it has been all season. The 9’s were too high for my taste but it was pretty obvious they were toast that night so it was whatever. Nick and Peta both did a very good job portraying their characters and that was what sold this routine, despite a few mistakes here and there.
Julia’s Score: 8






Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater
Paso Doble: O Fortuna by Carl Orff
Movie Genre Theme: Horror
The Judges’ Scores: 9, 9, 10, 9 (37/40)
#TeamShadSquad 1(800)868-3411


W7 Rashad Paso Doble.png


@dwtsqueen: This had a very nice concept and nice choreography. I'm so proud of him. It was a good horror story, but I kind of feel like he could've done better and more. Hopefully he goes out there next week and gets a perfect score!. I believe that he will get better and better. Who knows? He might even win!
Fatima’s Score: 9


@dwtsdreams: Rashad is the definition of a perfect type of DWTS contestant. He is hardworking, has a inspiring story, loves the competition, and doesn't have dance experience, but he is killing the game! His technique is incredible for a football player. His shoulders were down, his head placement was great, and his overall technique was great!
DWTS Dream’s Score: 9


@TheBentleyNinja: A Night at the Movies was filled with some great themes, but I think that Rashad and Emma’s Paso Doble takes the cake! Rashad even had the crazy eyes! This was a murderously stunning routine, with an execution of the Horror theme that was actually not ridiculous (because horror and dancing don’t usually go well together). Emma truly made Rashad the star of this dance, allowing his powerful and sharp lines to be the center of attention, even when his lines were just a little too sharp. Rashad was big in all of his movements, keeping up to par with the dramatic music in the background. Horror was the absolute best theme for Rashad and Emma to have gotten!
Bentley’s Score: 9


@juliadelbel: I loved the story rashad came up with and how much they went all-out with it! I’m  not sure if this was produced-decided or if Rashad and Emma chose to do this, but I liked that they had the backstory portion in the package instead of taking time out of the actual dance for set-up like some of the other couples did. I didn’t see anything wrong with Rashad’s technique, and both he and Emma absolutely nailed their roles. Great job!
Julia’s Score: 10






David Ross and Lindsay Arnold
Salsa: Universal Mind Control by Common
Movie Genre Theme: Sci-Fi
The Judges’ Scores: 8, 8, 8, 8 (32/40)
#TeamLadyAndTheGramp 1(800)868-3404


W7 David Salsa


@dwtsqueen: Too cute! But he needs to work on his feet. But the package was everything. Oh my God, it was hilarious. He is really trying hard, and I appreciate that. He had few mistakes, but it was so fun to watch. The costumes and makeup were so cute, too. I really hope David steps up his game next week, and I hope he takes the judges’ comments to improve because I really adore this partnership. And I want to see a trio with Witney.
Fatima’s Score: 8


@Dwtsdreams: I really enjoy David and Lindsey's partnership. It is very sweet and they have great fun “chemistry” not romantic chemistry just like they mesh well together. He does have a lot to work on but overall he is improving!
Dwtsdreams Score: 7


@TheBentleyNinja: The concept to this dance was bizarre. . . and I love bizarre! This dance exemplified the right way how to do a robotic theme without the technique itself looking robotic. I found this Salsa quite entertaining, especially with the surprisingly well-executed lifts and thrusting! David lost himself at certain sections, but he quickly jumped right back into the dance each time. Lindsay didn’t go easy on David this week, and it was enough of a challenge for him to the point where he didn’t seem too overwhelmed. I appreciate performances like these that have tons of fun without losing the essence of the dance, which is exactly why I am glad to see these two make it to Week 8!
Bentley’s Score: 8


@juliadelbel: This was a strange assignment but Lindsay did a great job working around it and David executed it pretty well. He was kind of off at one point but he stayed on time for the most part and his Latin technique has improved considerably from his Cha-Cha, as has his lifting abilities from last week. Monday’s show was giving me vibes that David and Lindsay would be eliminated that night and I’m glad they were safe in the end but I’m kind of worried they’re going to take one of Simone, Rashad, or Normani out going into the Finals in a couple weeks…...
Julia’s Score: 8






Normani Kordei and Valentin Chmerkovskiy Won Immunity From Elimination
Argentine Tango: Quizás, Quizás, Quizás by Andrea Bocelli featuring Jennifer Lopez
Movie Genre Theme: Foreign
The Judges’ Scores: 10, 10, 10, 10 (40/40) Highest Individual Dance Score
#TeamValMani 1(800)868-3410


W7 Normani Argentine Tango.jpg


@dwtsqueen: This was very elegant.I liked this dance because it showed Normani’s elegant side more. She was beautiful. I'm really excited for her, and also I’m so proud of her. This Argentine Tango was her best dance so far. She's really in it to win it. It had lots of emotion, and Normani looked good.
Fatima’s Score: 10


@DWTSdreams: Hot damn. Normani is a force to be reckoned with. This Argentine Tango was incredible. It was full of technique and Normani almost looked like she could be a pro! I love how Val stuck to traditional Argentine Tango and produced great content v.s other weeks where he had less content. Val and Normani are going to be in the finals for sure.
Dwtsdreams Score: 10


@TheBentleyNinja: ¡Me encanta mucho! This Argentine Tango was so good that it looked like it gave me chills! I looked like it came straight from a telenovela! I always thought that Normani was a ringer, but lately, I’ve been thinking that she might just be the best dancer left this season! But we still have a few more weeks to see what the couples have to offer, so I can’t quite say that just yet. The dance was a traditional Argentine Tango that we usually don’t get to see on this show, and it made waves! This was more than deserving of a perfect score with the dramatic characterization, smooth transitions, and sharp precision. Val has really hit it out of the park this season with his choreography, but I think that this might be my favorite dance of his from this season! I’m glad that Normani and Val won the immunity with their Foreign Argentine Tango, but I would have liked to have seen another dance from them on Monday!
Bentley’s Score: 10


@juliadelbel: I loved this so much! This type of sultry character is what Normani excels at most, so this theme was perfect for her! For most of Season 24, Val’s choreography has been entertaining but lacking in content. However, this dance proved he is capable of marrying both elements to create a beautiful routine. Normani’s technique was wonderful, of course, and I hope to see more routines on this level from them going forward.
Julia’s Score: 10






Rankings of the Individual Movie Genre Dances


@dwtsqueen
1. Normani & Val
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Nick & Peta
5. Nancy & Artem
6. David and Lindsay
7. Bonner & Sharna


@TheBentleyNinja
1. Normani & Val
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Nancy & Artem
5. Nick & Peta
6. David & Lindsay
7. Bonner & Sharna


@dwtsdreams
1. Normani & Val
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Nick & Peta
5. Nancy & Artem
6. David and Lindsay
7. Bonner & Sharna


@juliadelbel
1. Simone & Sasha
2. Normani & Val
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Nancy & Artem
5. Nick & Peta
6. David & Lindsay
7. Bonner & Sharna






The Dance-Off Challenge


This week, along with their movie genre dances, each couple rehearsed three additional dances for the night in preparation of the Dance-Off Challenge.


Before the Dance-Off Challenge, the couple with the highest score of the night in the first round of performances won immunity from the double elimination for week 7 as well as an additional 3 points to their overall score for the elimination in week 8. This meant that the winning couple was able to sit out of the Dance-Off Challenge. In the event of a tie, the couple with the highest cumulative score of the season would receive the immunity. With the highest score of the night, a 40/40, the couple who received immunity from elimination as well as 3 additional points to their overall score was Normani and Val.


Normani and Val (Won Immunity from Elimination) +3 Points


For this challenge, the other six couple who did not receive immunity went head-to-head in three battles of two couples dancing against each other. Each couple danced on the dance floor at the same time as their rival couple, with short dance spotlights of just one couple dancing in the middle of each for both couples.


The couples in the Dance-Off Challenge fought for an additional 2 points to be added to their overall score. The loser of each dance did not receive any additional points. The winner and the loser were determined by each judge (including guest judge Mandy Moore) as well as the popular majority of those who voted for who they believed should have won each dance-off. In order to get the additional 2 points, the winning couple had to receive the majority of the votes from the judges and the votes from the viewers in America (America acts like a judge, with its average of votes determining one sole vote for judging). The couple who received at least 3 of the 5 judges’ votes won.


Learning for the first time which of the three dance styles that they rehearsed during the week (Cha-Cha-Cha, Jive, or Rumba) that they would perform live on the show for the dance-offs, the couples with the highest scores of the night went down the line in descending order of their scores, choosing who they would face off against. The couples that they chose to face off against them would choose the dance style that both of them would perform.




First to choose, Simone and Sasha chose to dance off against Nancy and Artem, who chose the Cha-Cha-Cha as the style for their dance-off.


Next to choose, Rashad and Emma chose to dance off against David and Emma, who chose the Jive as the style for their dance-off.


So, that left Nick and Peta and Bonner and Sharna with the Rumba as the style for their dance-off.




[Order of the Judges’ Votes: Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, Mandy Moore, Bruno Tonioli, America* (percentage)]


*Only viewers in the Eastern Time Zone and Central Time Zone of America were eligible to vote live. The viewers had 30 seconds after each dance-off to vote.






Simone and Sasha versus Nancy and Artem
Cha-Cha-Cha: Crave by Pharrell Williams
The Judges’ Votes: Simone, Simone, Simone, Simone, Simone (63%)
Winner: Simone and Sasha (5 of 5 Votes) +2 Points


W7 Simone Nacy Cha-Cha-Cha Dance-Off.jpg


@TheBentleyNinja:This dance-off was a closer competition than I thought it would be. Both Simone and Nancy had moments of clean, powerful lines, but they also both had sections with lazy lines. Simone and Sasha’s dance was practically a carbon copy of their Cha-Cha-Cha from week two, but it was a whole lot smoother and more polished than their original Cha-Cha-Cha this season. Nancy and Artem had a refreshing variety of content in their performance, and Nancy felt the groove of the music, but it seemed as though she blacked out at certain points. So, with a tighter execution and higher amount of immersion in their routine, Simone and Sasha snatched my vote.
Bentley’s Vote: Simone & Sasha


@dwtsqueen: Wow. Very close dance off. Very good choreography from both pros. But of Simone and Sasha had a lot of tricks and smiles and I loved it! Nancy, girl, you did amazing, too, but Simone has my vote. Both were very energetic.
Fatima’s Vote: Simone & Sasha


@dwtsdreams: This dance off was very close. While both had great content Simone was more sharp with her movement and her technique was overall better.
DWTS Dream’s Vote: Simone & Sasha


@juliadelbel: This was easily the best face-off of the night, and it showed how both of these ladies have improved their Latin skills since the start of the competition. Technique-wise, I think it was pretty close, but Simone and Sasha spent quite a bit of the time doing tricks while Nancy and Artem stuck to a straight Cha-Cha, and for that I would have given the win to them.
Julia’s Vote: Nancy & Artem






Rashad and Emma versus David and Lindsay
Jive: Gimme Some Lovin’ by The Spencer Davis Group
The Judges’ Votes: Rashad, Rashad, Rashad, Rashad, Rashad (54%)
Winner: Rashad and Emma (5 of 5 Votes) +2 Points


W7 Rashad David Jive Dance-Off.jpg


@TheBentleyNinja: At first, I thought that Rashad was taking the easy route in picking David and Lindsay for the dance-off, but then I realized that out of everyone he had to choose from, he was arguably far more superior in the technique than them. But David was a good choice because he actually did put up a fight with his Jive, despite some clear mistakes throughout. For about the fifteen seconds of the dance, I was thinking that I was actually going to vote for David to win the dance-off, but unfortunately, despite his infectious enthusiasm, he kinda went downhill with his footwork as the dance went on. But Rashad was guilty of footwork that needed fixing. While David need to lift his knees more, Rashad needed to point his toes. Rashad and Emma were the life of the dance challenge with their simple yet fun moves, which overshadowed Rashad’s clunkiness. For me, as the dance progressed, the couple that I found to be the winner became more and more clear. Interestingly enough, though, America’s votes were pretty close, which asserts the fact that David has a huge fan base backing him up!
Bentley’s Vote: Rashad & Emma


@dwtsqueen: I liked how Rashad chose David because they are very fun and energetic. I can tell David had some mistakes here and there. David has to focus on his footwork. Rashad did amazing. I'm just kinda bummed about David's performance during this dance off. To be honest I want David to go far in this competition, to be honest but why do I feel that after Bonner he's going to be the next to leave if he doesn't step up his game!
Fatima’s Vote: Rashad & Emma


@dwtsdreams: Rashad definitely blew David out of the water. Unfortunately, David made lots of footwork mistakes and didn't own the dance like Rashad did.
DWTS Dream’s vote: Rashad & Emma


@juliadelbel: I think Rashad was more consistently strong throughout his performance (though I think he needed to point his toes a bit more during portions of it) while David messed up here and there and was off time more.
Julia’s Vote: Rashad & Emma






Nick and Peta versus Bonner and Sharna
Rumba: I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
The Judges’ Votes: Bonner, Bonner, Bonner, Nick, Bonner (62%)
Winner: Bonner and Sharna (4 of 5 Votes) +2 Points


W7 Nick Bonner Rumba Dance-Off.jpg


@TheBentleyNinja: This was another close one. Nick and Bonner both impressed me this time around, granted Peta and Sharna pretty much danced around them for a good amount of the dance-off. Nick, in one way, was better than Bonner with his ability to just go with the music and focus on the dance in a way that still looked natural. However, Bonner’s connection with Sharna prevailed once again, and his hips were looser than ever. But when it all came down to it, Bonner had an overall grand presence in how he presented himself that gave him the slight edge over Nick in my opinion.
Bentley’s Vote: Bonner & Sharna


@dwtsqueen: Oh my God, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Bonner did amazing! This Rumba was better than his other Rumba! Nick kind of messed up. This one kind of shocked me, but I'm actually speaking the truth! Bonner did better than Nick, only during the dance-off. But Nick did better than Bonner during the individual dance.
Fatima’s Vote: Bonner & Sharna


@dwtsdreams: I have to disagree both Bentley and Fatima. Sharna just danced around Bonner. He did zero Rumba content. Nick actually attempted to do Rumba content.
DWTS Dream’s Vote: Nick & Peta


@juliadelbel: This was a pretty even match. Neither was amazing, but neither was awful. One performance had a lift (which I think was accidental, similar to Heather and Maks’s Rumba from last week) while the other had very little Rumba content. I would have chosen to reward the content so my winner would be…..
Julia’s Vote: Nick & Peta






Rankings of the Dance-Off Performances


@TheBentleyNinja
1. Simone & Sasha
2. Nancy & Artem
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Bonner & Sharna
5. Nick & Peta
6. David & Lindsay


@dwtsqueen
1. Simone & Sasha
2. Rashad & Emma
3. Bonner & Sharna
4. Nancy & Artem
5. Nick & Peta
6. David & Lindsay


@juliadelbel
1. Nancy & Artem
2. Simone & Sasha
3. Rashad & Emma
4. Nick & Peta
5. Bonner & Sharna
6. David & Lindsay


@dwtsdreams
1. Simone & Sasha
2. Rashad & Emma
3. Nancy & Artem
4. Nick & Peta
5. David & Lindsay
6. Bonner & Sharna






Fatima’s Final Comments


@dwtsqueen: It has been an honor to be a guest blogger! Thank you for the opportunity! The show was a fun episode. I had so much fun. I just want to point out something, yes the double elimination wasn't fair, but remember, everyone is going to go home except one couple.






Make sure you read our thoughts on the dances every Wednesday, and additional thoughts and analyses every Friday throughout season 24 of Dancing With the Stars on the DWTS INTERACT blog!








W7 Nick Elimination.jpg    W7 Nancy Elimination.jpg






Follow us on Twitter!
DWTS Dreams: @24_7dwts
Julia Delbel: @juliadelbel
Paul Bentley: @TheBentleyNinja
Fatima: @dwtsqueen






#DWTS #DWTS24
#ANightAtTheMovies #DanceOffs

DWTS_Season24.png

No comments:

Post a Comment