Saturday, September 16, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Derek Fisher & Sharna Burgess

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Derek Fisher and Sharna Burgess


Former NBA player and coach Derek Fisher and his partner Sharna Burgess are the subjects of today’s Couple Spotlight. Derek holds an NBA playoff record for his time on the Los Angeles Lakers, and he is a five-time NBA champion. And Sharna is going on to her 10th season of the show, becoming a season runner-up twice.


Derek and Sharna.jpg


Bentley Quite a bit of people are not too fond of Derek Fisher’s previous actions right now, and honestly, if what the media says is true, I can kind of understand why. Now, I’m not going to accuse anybody of anything right now since Derek is going through multiple legal procedures, so as of now, I can’t point any figures. However, from what I’ve seen, he has a really friendly nature to him, and he seems to have a good connection with Sharna right now, which is always a plus. But anyway, I don’t think he’s going to be all that bad of a dancer; as a matter of fact, he might actually be a pretty good dancer. Sharna Burgess might is good at smoothing out rough edges for her partners, so if Derek has any, Sharna will surely fix them. But as placement on the leaderboard goes, I honestly think it’s going to be heavily dependent on his scores if his personality doesn’t jump out at us. If he is able to top the leaderboard in the first few weeks, though, he might manage to make it past the halfway point of the competition or further. The only thing is, how will his athletic basketball background help or hinder his performances?


Dwtsdreams I have to admit I know nothing about Derek Fisher and his so called actions in the media. All I know is that he is going through some sort of legal procedure. Setting that aside the first time I heard him speak or interact was with Sharna. He seems hardworking, competitive, and friendly. I don’t think this pair is a Mirrorball winning couple but you never know they could surprise America and end up in the Top 6 or 7. As of right now Derek seems as though he will only last until the second or third week. I can't write a lot about Derek because I am not familiar with him but any partner for Sharna is better than you-know-who last season.


Julia I’ve gained more confidence in Derek since we chose the Fantasy Teams (if you’ve read that post you’ll know what I’m talking about :P) but he’s still kind of an unknown factor to me. I think he’ll be a decent dancer but his personality seems to be one of the more subdued ones this season. He seems very happy and excited to be doing the show, but I can’t get a good read on who he is and what makes him special yet. I think he’ll make it past the two eliminations on the second week but from there I have no idea. He could be out the week after that or he could win. I’m starting to lean towards him being a Calvin-type and making it pretty far-possibly the Finals- but nothing about him is really standing out right now. And on DWTS, being "pleasant" doesn't really cut it. You have to be exciting in order to motivate people to vote for you.

Derek & Sharna.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment