Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Nick Lachey & Peta Murgatroyd vs. Vanessa Lachey & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd
vs.
Vanessa Lachey and Maks Chmerkovskiy

We are showcasing two different couples for our final season 25 pre-season couple spotlight! Today, it is all about married couple Nick Lachey and Vanessa Lachey, competing against each other with their partners Peta Murgatroyd and Maks Chmerkovskiy, respectively. Nick is an actor and singer, most famous for his boyband 98 Degrees, and Vanessa is an actress, TV host, and fashion model! Their professional partners are also married, making it the first ever double husband vs. wife scenario on Dancing With the Stars! Maks holds a Mirrorball Trophy from his win in season 18, and Peta holds two wins from seasons 14 and 22!

Nick and Peta.jpg       Vanessa and Val.jpg

Bentley While the husband vs. wife thing kinda got old to me back in season 21 with the PenaVegas, I’m actually kind of looking forward to seeing two married couples facing off against each other; it’s really going to make for some tense competition! Sure, the gimmick might fade away after a few weeks, but by that point, we are going to get to know these couples as more than just rival spouses. Right now, Nick and Vanessa Lachey are slowly growing my interest for them, but I will have to see until premiere night whether or not they can really sell their performances and personalities.

So the big question is: which spouse is going to making it further than the other? And as far as I can predict, I think it might be Nick. I think Nick has more votes than Vanessa going into the competition, but at the same time, I feel like fans of Nick are also going to want to throw votes at his wife, too. However, this could lead to one of the spouses becoming a sacrificial lamb, kind of like with what I think happened with figure skating partners Meryl Davis and Charlie White in season 18.

As it is getting closer and closer to the premiere, I am getting the feeling that Vanessa might click with the audience quicker than Nick, but the loyal fans of 98 Degrees might obsess over Nick more than they would Vanessa. In all honesty, I don’t think that either one of them will stand out as part of the top personalities of the season, but I don’t necessarily think that they will fade in the background either. I think that they will have comfortable rides getting at least a little far on the show, but I think that at least one of them will be out before the Semifinals.

As a plus for Nick and Vanessa, they both have strong partners with them, especially with the Chmerkovskiy popularity at its peak right now. With Peta Murgatroyd, Nick is going to get a good blend of traditional dancing and performance value. And with Maks Chmerkovskiy, Vanessa will be able to use her sexy side to her fullest advantage. But ultimately, the biggest advantage for the Lacheys is going to be the banter between them and their partners, if they take advantage of the husband vs. wife thing-- the audience tends to eat this kind of stuff up!

Dwtsdreams I adore Maks and Peta but I’m not sure how I feel about this concept. In season 21 I feel as though we didn’t get to enjoy Carlos’s and Alexa’s dances because the producers were spending so much time on their marriage. I hope the focus is on how they can better themselves as Maks and Vanessa and Peta and Maks and not the other way around. Don’t get me wrong I would love a cute package with all them but I hope Peta and Maks are given the platform to push themselves and create new and unique dances without the “marriage rivalry”  label attached all the time . Vanessa seem like she has good rhythm and I am loving Maks’s personality with her. Nick seems a little bland but we will see!

Julia I already shared pretty much everything I have to say about these two couples in the Fantasy Draft Post. To be honest, this married couple gimmick is one of the least interesting things about this season, and I am most likely going to be electing to ignore it as much as possible and comment only when I have to. I’ve heard Nick’s dancing isn’t great and Vanessa’s personality might not be the nicest. I was originally thinking Vanessa would outlast Nick but if they keep marketing her as “Nick’s wife” (with a tone as if they were saying “Nick’s sidekick”) he might make it a little further than her. But like I said, I’m just not invested in either of these two enough to really put a lot of thought into it. *Kanye shrug*

Nick and Peta plus Vanessa and Maks.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment