Friday, September 15, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Lindsey Stirling & Mark Ballas

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas



Today’s spotlight is on “Hip-Hop Violinist” Lindsey Stirling and her two-time Mirror Ball champion partner Mark Ballas!

Lindsey and Mark.jpg


Bentley I was immensely excited to find out that Lindsey Stirling was going to do the show this season. She is already sort of a part of the show, and it’s cool that she is able to dance on the show as a contestant this season! I absolutely love her music, and I always adore her guest appearances on the show. As much as I love her and her music though, I have quite an unpopular opinion about this couple. Sure, I am a bit indifferent about how much dance experience she has, but that’s not what I am most skeptical about. Many people are expecting Lindsey and Mark to be one of the stand out couples this season off the bat, but I don’t think that the scores and votes are going to come as easy to them as many others think. Sure, Mark Ballas is one heck of an amazing choreographer, and Lindsey is quite talented, but I just don’t know if they will be able to live up to their high expectations. I know that Lindsey has danced with Derek in a music video before, but as much as I hate to say it, as great as her technique is, she kinda looked like every other ordinary dancer to me. I hate to say it, and with that being said, I hope that I am wrong.


So basically, I think that Lindsey and Mark will be a great couple. But maybe not stand-out. I want to root for these two, but they are going to have to earn my vote. Apparently Lindsey has a really fun personality, which I hope is true because it could help prove me wrong! :P I’ve only known Lindsey for her cool, intense characters, so I hope to see more to her than just her good acting!


Dwtsdreams Lindsey and Mark are a match made in heaven. I don't think Lindsey will win but I definitely think she could make the finals! She understands musicality being a musician and she dances some during her concerts which is a great help! Her and mark have been friends for a while so it is such a great way for Mark to have a season with someone he was such great chemistry with. When she danced with Derek in their music video I was surprised by her technique! I have high exceptions for this incredible team!


Julia Yes! Finally a crossover between Dancing With the Stars and America’s Got Talent (a show which I also blog for)! I had a feeling Lindsey would turn up as a contestant someday, since she’s friends with some of the cast members and has been a guest performer in the past. I always thought she’d get Derek, but Mark is a great partner for her too, and the excitement of his return will probably give this team a boost right off the bat. I think Lindsey will be one of the better dancers of the season, but might get thrown under the bus right before the Finals to keep another couple around, or even end up being a shock elimination if her personality doesn’t stand out. Right now I’m mainly predicting she and Mark will have a great dynamic and awesome routines, which should keep them around for awhile.

Lindsey & Mark.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment