Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Frankie Muniz & Witney Carson

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson

Malcolm in the Middle actor and race car driver Frankie Muniz and his partner, Season 19 Dancing With the Stars professional champion Witney Carson, are the subject of today’s Pre-Season Spotlight here on DWTS Interact!

Frankie and Witney.jpg

Bentley Well, I’m not the biggest Malcolm In the Middle fan, but I have always thought that the show was okay. And by the way, I had no clue that Frankie Muniz is a racecar driver. I feel like I am always learning something new about this guy, and that can be something that keeps me interested in him as a personality on the show. Frankie seems genuinely happy to be part of this season’s DWTS cast, and that is always great to see! I am actually really looking forward to getting to know him on the dance floor because he comes off as such a personable character, and I know that I have only seen a glimpse of what his charisma and humor comes off as. And, after seeing Witney bring out Chris Kattan’s character in just two weeks of dancing to the best of her (and his) ability, I believe that she will be able to do the same with Frankie, especially because I have a feeling that they might be the victims of an early elimination this season. Sure, Frankie seems very likeable, but will he be able to shine with the rest of the sparkling cast? I don’t know. We’ll just have to see. But even if Frankie and Witney are eliminated early, I know that Frankie will appreciate all the time that he was able to spend on the show.

Julia I’ve barely seen any Malcom in the Middle, but Frankie was still a part of my childhood, mostly from movies like Agent Cody Banks and Miracle in Lane 2, as well as his guest appearances on shows like Lizzie MGuire and All That. (I was actually watching a YouTube video from one of the All That cast members, and when asked to describe what Frankie was like, her word of choice was “rich”. :P) I think Frankie was a great casting choice for DWTS since he’s a nostalgic figure now, having taken a hiatus from acting due to his strokes. I’m also glad he got Witney as his partner since it seemed like he really wanted to work with her! This is actually one of the teams I’m most excited to see in action next week since they could go a number of ways. I think Frankie has the potential to give us some strong performances, but I have a feeling his biggest roadblock will be his insecurities, since he seems nervous so far. It seems like most season have a nostalgic figure who is nervous and ends up finishing in 6th place, and while all of them have been female so far, I could see Frankie potentially going down this route.

Dwtsdreams Frankie was a huge part of my childhood so I was thrilled to see him on the lineup. Agent Cody Banks was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid so to see him on one of my favorite shows now is amazing. Frankie is so unique in this industry because he constantly tries to reinvent himself. In just the last year or two, he has won a PGA AM match, raced cars, and is now managing a band who was on tour. He is so thoughtful and seems like he is ready to give this show a go! I definitely think he could make the Top 8 or even surprise me and go farther!

Bentley I totally forgot all of this stuff that Frankie was in! It’s all coming back to me now! And it’s kind of weird to think about he’s a nostalgic figure now. Wow, time sure flies by.

Frankie & Witney.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment