Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Sasha Pieterse & Gleb Savchenko

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Sasha Pieterse and Gleb Savchenko

In today’s couple spotlight, we are showcasing Pretty Little Liars actress Sasha Pieterse and her partner Gleb Savchenko! Sasha is a South African actress who came to America early in life to eventually become a famous face for the Disney company on channels such as Freeform, Disney Channel, and now ABC! Gleb, on the other hand, is a Russian choreographer who has recently just become a father to his new daughter Zlata!

Sasha and Gleb.jpg

Bentley I’ve seen bits and pieces of Pretty Little Liars before, but I really only know Sasha Pieterse from the movie Sharkboy and Lavagirl, which I used to be obsessed with when I was a kid! It seems likely to me that Sasha’s acting skills will at least help her get at least halfway through this season, if not further depending on what she ends up bringing to the audience. Pretty Little Liars is obviously a hugely famous show, which would usually make me think that a celebrity from the show would get a lot of votes, but with a season filled with many celebrities who appeal to the younger demographic such as Jordan Fisher and Lindsey Stirling, votes will be quite competitive among that demographic. We just need to need Sasha stand out to get that following she needs to get far. Now, will she be able to accomplish that with Gleb Savchenko? Hopefully. Unfortunately, though, Gleb didn’t make as much of an impact last season as some of the other pros in terms of his choreography, but as demonstrated through his partnership with Jana Kramer in Season 23, it is clear that he is capable of some cool concepts and deep chemistry. And what team could be better for sensual chemistry this season than Sasha and Gleb?!

Julia OMG I forgot about her in Sharkboy & Lavagirl! In that case, it’s probably what I most know Sasha from too. :P I think Sasha will last at least a few weeks and she clearly has devoted fans, but I worry she might fade into the background a bit unless she manages to stand out quickly early on (or if she gets pimped, which I could also see happening). Unfortunately, I could easily see her as a shock elimination because of this... :(

I also think Gleb needs to incorporate more variety into his dance concepts this season, since ever since he got back to the US version of DWTS he’s mainly focused on the sensual stuff. I think this might be his first time on any version of the show dancing with the youngest celebrity of the season (even though she’s of age) so I think this will be an interesting dynamic for them!

Sasha & Gleb.jpg-large

No comments:

Post a Comment