Sunday, September 10, 2017

Pre-Season Spotlight on Jordan Fisher & Lindsay Arnold

Pre-Season Spotlight On

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold

Season 25 brings us a triple threat who has dabbled in the music, theatre, and television worlds, Jordan Fisher! Jordan is perhaps best known for his role in Grease: Live! last year, and his stint in the Broadway musical Hamilton. He’s also the first Disney Channel star to compete on the show in years (I know Jake T. Austin competed last fall, but we as a fandom have disowned him after his recent uncalled-for comments about the show and his partner). Jordan’s partner is three-time DWTS finalist Lindsay Arnold, who has consistently made the top 4 with all of her partners since Season 21, when she returned as pro after a couple of years in the troupe.

Jordan & Lindsay.jpg

Bentley It seems like everyone knows Jordan Fisher except for me...and those who know him seem to be uber fans of him! I am curious to see some of stuff he is in because I am curious to see what the fuss is all about! I’ve never seen Hamilton, but I’ve seen some clips and heard some songs, and I actually think that it is something I would like. And I find it really cool that someone from that show is going to be competing on DWTS.

Now, personally speaking, I feel as though I can’t get a good read on a lot of the celebrities, and Jordan seems to be one of them. There were quite a few people that didn’t stand out to me during the cast reveal on Good Morning America, and unfortunately, Jordan was one of them. He seems nice, and that’s pretty much all that I got from him. But the premiere night can always fix that, as it has many times in the past for me before!

I think it’s clear that Jordan is going to have tons of support, so I see him going far. And who knows? Maybe Lindsay Arnold can get her very first Mirrorball Trophy ever with him! I’ve seen Lindsay work wonders with all of her recent partners, and by the looks of it, this seems to be her best pre-season partnership ever! It all just depends on Jordan’s dancing abilities-- which by the way, does he at least know basic Freestyle dancing from Hamilton? I’d imagine that they’d do at least some kind of dancing for that show.

Dwtsdreams I screamed when Jordan Fisher was announced! I am way too excited for this. Jordan without a doubt can-and hopefully will-be the Mirrorball winner. He is the full package. He is connected with many dancers in the industry do he understand the work it takes to make it and he has such amazing rhythm and already has some dance experience! Lindsay and Jordan are the dream team and I seriously can't wait. I mean, Jordan Fisher has an amazing smile, great voice, amazing work ethic, and is overall an amazing human.

Julia I fall in between what my fellow bloggers have said about Jordan. I was vaguely familiar with him before he was announced (mostly from seeing him pop up in Disney and Broadway-based videos I’ve watched, and also from DWTS stan Twitter since a lot of people had been talking about wanting him to join the show). I think he and Lindsay will do well and make it far in the competition; I’m sure Jordan is going to be a fantastic dancer, and will hopefully be able to endear himself enough to the GP to get strong voter support. Lindsay’s track record is something to take into account as well; the lowest placing she’s received apart from her very first season was a Semi-Finals elimination, and I think that’s probably the worst-case scenario for Jordan: being cut right before the Finals. We have never had a Disney star win on this show, but if Jordan has a backstory powerful enough to have an impact on the audience, I could see him breaking that trend. But right now I think we’re looking at a second place finish for these two, along the lines of Kyle Massey, Corbin Bleu, and Riker Lynch.

Jordan and Lindsay.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment